Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they will release if it’s murder or manslaughter etc without revealing COD? From what I’ve heard homicide doesn’t necessarily mean murder so surely if it does become a murder investigation that will be released to the public, so this makes me think they haven’t determined it yet. Just a theory.

I go back to thinking the FBI will release information only if it helps their situation and future prosecution. My understanding is that homicide can include murder, so the more generic term rules out some types of death while including others.

No

No, different vehicles. In Boone, a silver or silver blue 4runner. Tip included photo of vehicle on TikTok. @Welcometomeltalk
Thanks. I guess it’s always possible he acquired multiple vehicles or one or more eye witness statement was false.

Here's the link to the alleged Appalachian siting: Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Sounds credible, and sounds like Brian was in a very confused state. All alleged of course. However, the NY Post is a credible media source, and wouldn't have published this without checking the background of the source.

Go Dog!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Do you think they will release if it’s murder or manslaughter etc without revealing COD? From what I’ve heard homicide doesn’t necessarily mean murder so surely if it does become a murder investigation that will be released to the public, so this makes me think they haven’t determined it yet. Just a theory.
Manslaughter is a charge that LE brings, not a CoD. Her manner of death will remain homicide. The mechanism and cause of death is what the ME has not yet released.

edited for incorrect content.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe. But using a credit or debit card after GP was dead, a card that he'd very likely used before during the trip or during the relationship, is quite different from robbing a stranger. And it's not as though people carry cash these days. Stealing a wallet and using stolen credit cards isn't going to get him very far but will likely get him caught. He could steal a car/truck I guess if he found one with the keys (can't quite see him "hot wiring" a vehicle) but he'd have to keep trading off stolen cars to keep from getting caught.

We don't know how much he got from the account he is accused of accessing. All we know is to bring the charge, there would need to be evidence it was at least $1000. Could have been more but might not have been. If it was GP's account, I can't imagine there was a ton of money available.

JMO
For the record, I'm not on board with the whole theory, but if we're humoring it... it'd be reliant on him stealing vehicles just that way. We leave them unlocked with our keys and wallets in them. The problem with this is that we feel safe doing it because the smallest noise (like the opening/ closing of a car door) in remote areas would set off alarm bells for the owner &/or pets. He would have to be pretty lucky to pick out the correct places to steal from. Though this case consistently defies the odds at every turn so who tf even knows at this point? Ha!

Or reading creepy perverse novels, drawing graphic images of violence…updating Spotify playlists..
Well, that's just kicking around, passing time, so I don't think there's much wrong there. There are worse things to do than to read, draw, listen to music.

That said, based on his words in the Moab stop video, he sounded like he got petulant when he ran out of things to do and wanted to go hike or hang out with GP and she was working.

I can definitely imagine getting antsy waiting 6 hours for someone, but he was childish and resentful-seeming, and they clearly did not have a mutual understanding about how the trip was supposed to go/priorities.

Some things came to mind last night and I have some questions.

Do we know for sure that after the Moab incident GP and BL linked back together?

I have not seen this confirmed anywhere and it would really help to make sense of things. I know the officers said in the body cam video as soon as BL went to the station the next morning and filled out some paperwork she could pick him up. What if he did and she did not want to pick him up. Everyone seems to be under the assumption that GP was helpless and she seemed to be taking the blame for his actions but what if she had enough of the fighting and abuse after the Maob stop and what if LE did talk her into cutting ties with BL.

Could this have been why BL flew home? Because GP took the van and didn’t engage with him after the incident. Could BL have been the creepy dude lurking around the campsite where Kylen and Crystal were found, because he knew that was the next campsite he and Gabby were planning to stay. Maybe he was waiting for GP thinking she might continue their itinerary without him and he was trying to find her. I tried to find their itinerary on All Trails this morning but couldn’t find it.

Perhaps BL’s parents knew of the fight and that GP ghosted BL after the incident and they paid for a flight home and that’s why he got her stuff out of storage because he was furious she left him and he knew it was over.

Then at some point they reconciled over the phone and he flew back and we all know what roughly happens next.

Either way, this theory provides a good reason BL flew home to FL suddenly and also may provide a motive for the homicide. He may have been mad things ended and that SHE left him.

I truly began thinking about this because I have not seen anyone provide any evidence that they did in fact get back together after BL’s hotel stay in Moab.

Also, there has been a lot of speculation about why GP had to stay in a hotel in Moab. In the body cam footage the officer also stated GP would have to appear in front of a judge a week after the incident. Maybe this is why she stayed at the hotel SLC?

I have also wondered if this is what happened. However, why would Gabby stay in the SLC hotel for a week? And wouldn't she have told her mom about the breakup/fight and started making plans for returning home? Her family appeared to believe that they were continuing their trip to the Tetons and then Yellowstone and beyond.

Per the sighting on the App Trail in NC...personally I think it may be false because why would Brian say he had an argument with his GF??? Or...he could have been trying to purposely be noticed to have his plans of CA be known (when he was not really heading to CA but wanting to throw off his true path). Maybe heading to Canada??

Does anyone know how BL entertained himself when Gabby spent long stretches of time on her vlog? Was he just hovering over her shoulder, or hiking or what? jmo
Did GP actually spend long stretches of time on her vlog apart from the day in Moab that we know about? She only put out one video, which wasn't until August 19th, which would have been during those days that BL was away and only about 10 days before she died. She didn't post very frequently on SM either, so I'm not sure that she was doing much work at all on the vlog until her final weeks.

What I've also always found curious is that she uploaded the YouTube video but then didn't seem to promote in on SM. I don't think there is any link to the video on her Instagram, for example, so I'm not sure how people were supposed to find it so that she could get a following. Normally with this sort of stuff I would expect multiple postings of "Come check out our video and follow along our journey" or something like that. This is why I think that the video was really a message to BL of "look how much fun we had and the awesome things we did together... let's get back to doing that instead of fighting."

Manslaughter is a charge that LE brings, not a CoD. Her cause of death will remain homicide. The mechanism and manner of death is what the ME has not yet released.
Manner of death is homicide. Cause of death has not been released.

"The FBI tweeted that Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue ruled the manner of death a homicide in his preliminary findings.

"The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results," the FBI said."

Autopsy confirms remains found in Wyoming are Gabby Petito's, FBI says - CNN

Not sure what SBM and BBM stands for. I know they got back together after he flew back on the 24th. But, in that initial period after the incident Aug. 13th-24th? Is it confirmed they were together again?
SBM-Snipped By Me. Means some of the original post has been deleted.
BBM-Bolded By Me.

Some people put an R in front, that stands for Respectfully.

Yes, they were together again after the Moab police interaction and after Brian flew back home to supposedly clear out the storage facility.

-Seen checking out of hotel together August 24
-Gabby posts picture on instagram taken in Ogden UT August 25
-Rustic Row-Aug 25 or 26 (shop where Gabby tells owner they're engaged)
-Merry Piglet August 27 (restaurant where Brian has altercation with staff)

Why California? Its temperate. Its forested. Its populated. Its got that "let it be" lifestyle some find attractive. Its up to it's eyeballs in young people. A hundred reasons. Right now, Brian is...anywhere. He's also anywhere with an enormous bounty stamped on his forehead. Doing a runner is stressful enough. Doing a runner when there's a price tag on your sorry butt ups the anti considerably. Patience.
It has skid row that he can hide on..

Here's the link to the alleged Appalachian siting: Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Sounds credible, and sounds like Brian was in a very confused state. All alleged of course. However, the NY Post is a credible media source, and wouldn't have published this without checking the background of the source.

Go Dog!

Amateur opinion and speculation

The source may very well believe the person he saw was BL but he could easily be mistaken. The conditions certainly weren't ideal as both were in vehicles at night.

The NY Post article cited above also says "The Appalachians is understood to be an area familiar to Laundrie, who was previously reported to have once lived there “by himself for months.”

Hmm. Even if the claim BL lived in the mountains alone for months is true and I'm not sure it is, "The Appalachians" is a huge area spanning many states. So I'm not so sure about his "familiarity with the area."

JMO

I have also wondered if this is what happened. However, why would Gabby stay in the SLC hotel for a week? And wouldn't she have told her mom about the breakup/fight and started making plans for returning home? Her family appeared to believe that they were continuing their trip to the Tetons and then Yellowstone and beyond.
Maybe she did ghost him after the Moab incident. But to teach him a lesson. Like to show HIM how it felt to be left alone (since he was trying to ditch her and take her van). But she maybe didn't want it to be permanent. She assumed they would reconcile. He flew home pissed. Moved her stuff to storage. Then she was contacting him and begging him back. So back he went, faking reconciliation but FUMING inside. That's what I think happened. When were they seen checking out of hotel together? Like the day he flew back, they left hotel? Or were they there a couple days? I bet she died very very shortly after leaving that hotel (where they had too many eyes on them).

True. But even if he had simply used nicknames he created without making them feminine, that's not a very nice either. I know we aren't supposed to sleuth him, and I do recognize that he is a grieving father and so he has my sympathy. But moving to FL to be near GP was also a little weird to me. GP had lived in 3 states in a little over 3 years. She was hardly permanently settled down in BL's parents' house. And if van life took off, she could easily have moved anywhere.

JMO
I don't know, maybe i'm old, Using a nickname doesn't bother me, but I can see the issue objectively too. It's a good reminder for all to be aware.
IMO and Speaking as a person who got divorced, I think that sometimes as parents we are seeking forgiveness from our kids, and over compensate. (JMO)
I am not sure or know how old GP was when her parents split, coming from a family of divorced parents, I know I was constantly seeking an anchor, and didn't make the best choices when i was her age.
For her , her step father seems so loving as does her dad. But it's still a tough road trying to find your way these days. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark