Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously doubtful that this flying home to move stuff into/out of storage ever even happened.

AFAWK….

GP told her family that BL went back to FL and everyone is taking that as truth.

there have been zero accounts of BL being seen at an airport, on a plane, or in FL during that time. Or of GP and/or BL anywhere out west during that time span (aside from her dad ordering her a pizza at the SLC hotel…reminder here…GP’s dad did not see BL and AFAIK..did not discuss BL’s absence during that exchange with his daughter)…if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please share.

I tend to think that neighbors would notice loads of stuff being moved into or out of a neighbor’s home. I know I do regarding the houses within eyesight of my front or back porch. They may not have thought anything of it at the time but now..with ALL that has transpired and all the media attention and protests on their street…I would think one or more of them would remember such activity.

so. I’m firmly in the camp that BL did not return home ca. Aug 17-23rd-ish.

JMHO and MOO

So what's your theory of why she would have been at the hotel for 5 days, if you have one? I'm baffled!

Easy for LE to verify the trip.

I am sure LE knows if he did or didn't, but they ain't saying. I was just saying that outside the hallowed halls of LE the only statement that BL flew home was hand written on a note about GPs timeline by her Uncle. I also suspect that anyone else who stated it got their information from the same source as the Uncle so its not really corroborating evidence. There are a lot of castles being built in the air based on that simple handwritten note that doesn't even mention flying.

I have some speculation.

What if BL's parents learned of the LE stop and had had enough? They heard BL's side of it, and said, "We're not paying for that storage unit any more." If that was their last form of cash aid, they may have played that card - and pushed him to come home to deal with it. I can understand that. They might have been hoping to support a break up?

Then, BL talks to Gabby every day, makes up his mind to try again, but now there's an extra stressor for him (and he's already beyond his limit).

It's possible that when he comes back he doesn't tell them what happened. And then, after the missing person's report is officially filed and it all becomes national news, he makes plans and flees (through one way or another, to include feeling suicidal at having lost everything).

If BLs parents had had enough and flew him home to be done with it all in August….how did he fly back out there? Who paid for that?

after she has been away for 2 yrs, do they even know what things she owns?
Can they trust the Laundries to pack it all up? It’s a problem. Gabby moved in there with her stuff of her own volition and her family well knew she and her things were there. How this is going to be done is going to be a sticky process

Going back to BL's <alleged> disappearance on Sep 14th to the reserve. Mention is made that he left without his wallet and phone. No mention of what he may have left with. Namely, a passport. And cash. Did he have a passport? Did he take it with him? He had no warrants at the time. No airline would have had reason to stop him. One would presume local airport manifests would have subsequently been checked to see if BL got on a flight. But how far out would they have checked? A 100 miles? 200 miles? What radius was checked?

I so agree. I think the entire emotional impetus to continue the vlog evaporated when he left. But he didn't abandon her in the wilderness and he didn't take her van. So, at that point, one could say we see a fairly...normal...break-up? Deeply emotional, yes, but so far, not far from what many young people have experience (although the public scrapping is less common - I think that day was filled with tensions directly related to where they were in their trip, from Gabby's work/van life point of view).
Do we know he didn’t take the van? Why would they shell out hundreds of dollars for a hotel when she could have stayed in the van? MOO

You can search Twitter for it. The supposed information comes from screenshots that someone (who is not an approved source here) represents are screenshots of text dialog with SB.

I did a brief search but didn't find anything conclusive. I do remember SB putting out a statement for BL so he probably does represent him, as well. I just didn't know if it was a known fact that he did.

Thanks for finding that. I'm sure I've seen it before but, even with those details, is there anything included in there that factually confirms that BL caught a flight back to FL during that time? Can we be sure that he didn't leave Gabby at that hotel and claim to be leaving to fly home while he actually just took off- possibly even taking the van with him? (For instance, perhaps he told Gabby he was going to leave the van in long term parking while he was gone to give him an excuse to not leave it readily available for her use.) I don't have any actual reason in mind that the trip home by BL might have been fabricated by his family- however, I haven't seen or heard anything that can concretely confirm that it happened either.

curiously, when I read the Yelp reviews of this hotel, one person complained that the Fairfield charges a car parking fee. So if the van stayed at the hotel, there would have been an added parking fee. If BL took the van and did something else, no fee. Would GP have seen/analyzed/paid the hotel bill? There was also discussion previously in this forum about whether GP's father, on the 21st, thought that he was buying pizza for GP or for GP and for BL. If BL was in the hotel on the 21st (?) when did he fly out and when did GP or GB/BL check in? Not sure if it makes a difference, but...

Going back to BL's <alleged> disappearance on Sep 14th to the reserve. Mention is made that he left without his wallet and phone. No mention of what he may have left with. Namely, a passport. And cash. Did he have a passport? Did he take it with him? He had no warrants at the time. No airline would have had reason to stop him. One would presume local airport manifests would have subsequently been checked to see if BL got on a flight. But how far out would they have checked? A 100 miles? 200 miles? What radius was checked?
FBI can and most certainly have had all US flight manifests checked for BL. That can be done routinely by feds. Now if he had someone else’s ID or a fake ID, he’d have been able to get on a flight undetected.

The problem with this is that he was not seen on foot. He has a vehicle. So he can be anywhere right now with wheels. The question becomes how, where did he get this vehicle? Is that sighting even him? Reports are that there are numerous alleged sightings of BL every day. This guy happened to catch the attention of the press because he did not feel LE took him seriously enough and he feels that certain he saw him. He may or may not be correct. I don’t see how LE can track down every single report they get.

But if this were indeed BL, in a vehicle, he can now be many mikes away from where this sighting occurred.
Totally! Maybe Brian didn't even do it and he has totally lost him mind. They did both say they were a team in the full body cam videos. Seperation anxiety?
For public consumption. jmo
If it's the same video I'm thinking of. She mentions the chocolate melting and says in July.

So what's your theory of why she would have been at the hotel for 5 days, if you have one? I'm baffled!

Do we KNOW she was there for 5 days? I’ve only seen that it was confirmed she was seen on the 23rd by a worker at the hotel and that they were both seen on the 24th checking out. I’ve not seen anything confirming that she checked in on a certain day.

I am totally open to being shown evidence confirming anything and everything.

I honestly don’t have a rational or evidentiary theory about this time frame. This period of the whole trip…August 12 (after the Moab stop) to the 24th is what bothers me the most.

it doesn’t make any sense.

jmo.

Yes- would think she would have spent the time with reliable wifi connection & comfy hotel working on the website and social media for the week ...

but there was only TWO posts during that time: The inaugural Nomadic Statik youtube compilation video and a repost on her instagram with a caption that reads very much like Brian wrote it (on and on about plastic etc).

Her LACK of social media posts during this week bother me.
It’s awfully strange IMO, that we have not heard from any hotel workers, etc from Gabbys hotel stay.

MOO: As I’ve stated a number of times, I do not believe BL is some diabolical person who was scheming to kill GP. I think what happened was unplanned. A loss of temper and control with tragic consequences. So I don’t think BL’s trip back to FL in mid August had anything to do with what happened when he came back. I am curious why he went back but it’s likely simply to take care of stuff that came up and appears as though it was expected and planned for. Like the lease for a storage locker came up.

after she has been away for 2 yrs, do they even know what things she owns?

She worked in Wilmington, NC from September 2017 to January 2019 before moving to Florida, according to this article. Its more than 4 years since she lived in NY. So the answer to your question is even more likely to be, no, they do not.

Do we KNOW she was there for 5 days? I’ve only seen that it was confirmed she was seen on the 23rd by a worker at the hotel and that they were both seen on the 24th checking out. I’ve not seen anything confirming that she checked in on a certain day.

I am totally open to being shown evidence confirming anything and everything.

I honestly don’t have a rational or evidentiary theory about this time frame. This period of the whole trip…August 12 (after the Moab stop) to the 24th is what bothers me the most.

it doesn’t make any sense.

jmo.
We know her dad sent the pizza on the 21st.

I priced it a couple weeks ago and it was much cheaper than that. Maybe around $290. Compared to the monthly cost of a storage unit it would pay for its self after 3 months. If they were thinking about continuing their vanlife beyond the end of the planned trip in October it would make since to fly home and close it out. But i have yet to see anything concrete that shows he flew home or even went home at all.

I haven't found any proof either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member