NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel sorry for this woman. She did not murder anyone, yet she is treated as if she did.
Real murderers are treated less harsh then she is being treated. In my opinion there are powerful people bent on breaking her so she never tells what she's seen and knows. It must be pure hell to go from a life of amazing influence to your new life in a dungeon.
Are Politicians involved in her treatment to break her from exposing them?
You can get on that. IMO.

What I have never understood about her is that she was the daughter of a very dodgy wealthy man. Yes she was wealthy at one point but later whether she was off of her own back or due to her relationship with Epstein I dont know. She worked for her father until 1991 and then went to America and met Epstein. Apparently she got a trust fund of $80 000 and then started working as an Estate agent...and was then reported to be mixing with famous people and eventually of course Epstein. You say to go from a life of amazing influence...what living off a sex trafficker? i mean thats not exactly fantastic is it?

I actually feel sorry for this woman. She did not murder anyone, yet she is treated as if she did.
Real murderers are treated less harsh then she is being treated. In my opinion there are powerful people bent on breaking her so she never tells what she's seen and knows. It must be pure hell to go from a life of amazing influence to your new life in a dungeon.
Are Politicians involved in her treatment to break her from exposing them?
You can get on that. IMO.

What I have never understood about her is that she was the daughter of a very dodgy wealthy man. Yes she was wealthy at one point but later whether she was off of her own back or due to her relationship with Epstein I dont know. She worked for her father until 1991 and then went to America and met Epstein. Apparently she got a trust fund of $80 000 and then started working as an Estate agent...and was then reported to be mixing with famous people and eventually of course Epstein. You say to go from a life of amazing influence...what living off a sex trafficker? i mean thats not exactly fantastic is it? What I dont get is she went to Marlborough....she went to Oxford. She could have been anything but instead ended up recruiting kids for Epstein....and you feel sorry for her?

Last edited:
What I have never understood about her is that she was the daughter of a very dodgy wealthy man. Yes she was wealthy at one point but later whether she was off of her own back or due to her relationship with Epstein I dont know. She worked for her father until 1991 and then went to America and met Epstein. Apparently she got a trust fund of $80 000 and then started working as an Estate agent...and was then reported to be mixing with famous people and eventually of course Epstein. You say to go from a life of amazing influence...what living off a sex trafficker? i mean thats not exactly fantastic is it?

GM met JE through her father, RM. One theory is that RM transferred much of his ill-gotten fortune to JE (Forbes, 2020). Witnesses have noted that GM hated JE (NYP, 2020), so sticking by him b/c he controlled her late father's stolen fortune, makes sense. ...and, IMOO, JE, with his surveillance systems (DM 2020), undoubtedly had incriminating vid/photos of GM. Both men treated GM in a cruel, domineering fashion, which does not, of course, excuse any of her own actions towards trafficked victims.

Her relationship with her father helps explain whatever she did with JE's sex trafficking biz. Not sure if you've already listened to these podcasts, but if not, and you get the chance, give Power: The Maxwells, and Hunting Ghislaine a try. There's plenty of others too, ...

Honestly I don't believe he face his money to Epstein.. I just don't and she was the golden child of Maxwell.. She seemed to adore him and her him. I seriously don't see her as being cruelly by her dad

There seems to be some debate about when she met him..either in the 80s by one source or early 90s at a party in NY after she broke up with Mozzoni. By 1992 she was apparently hiring and firing his staff. One thing I dont understand I read when she was caught she had 20 million so was that Epsteins money? as I cant see how it would have been hers/

There seems to be some debate about when she met him..either in the 80s by one source or early 90s at a party in NY after she broke up with Mozzoni. By 1992 she was apparently hiring and firing his staff. One thing I dont understand I read when she was caught she had 20 million so was that Epsteins money? as I cant see how it would have been hers/
And I dont understand why she didnt flee when JE died.
To a country with no extradiction laws with the USA.
It really baffles me.

With twenty million she could certainly have afforded it unless they took her passport off from her.
A passport can be forged, no?
And it doesnt take 20 million to do it.
Not that I approve of criminal activity haha
But I really wonder why she stayed in the USA.

A passport can be forged, no?
And it doesnt take 20 million to do it.
Not that I approve of criminal activity haha
But I really wonder why she stayed in the USA.

A passport can be forged easy enough I would imagine if you have the contacts but to be fair her face had been splashed world wide...so would still be risky. I actually think she was so arrogant that she thought she wouldnt end up where she was.

A passport can be forged easy enough I would imagine if you have the contacts but to be fair her face had been splashed world wide...so would still be risky. I actually think she was so arrogant that she thought she wouldnt end up where she was.
I read that Breivik in Norway who is a mass murderer is staying in a hotel like prison with tv, internet, fitness equipment etc
MG is rotting in a s****hole of a prison and she isnt sentenced yet.
I absolutely dont defend her - but that is sth to think about.

I read that Breivik in Norway who is a mass murderer is staying in a hotel like prison with tv, internet, fitness equipment etc

As opposed to thousands of everyday citizens being imprisoned in less-than-hospitable situations. Why does Ghislaine deserve to be treated better than someone who got arrested with weed, but couldn't afford bail?
You've highlighted only one famous case.
Everyone should be treated equally. Ghislaine has proven to be a flight risk and she is associated with numerous child abuse cases.
Do you think she should be treated like a queen?

Of course I don't defend Breivik's treatment (he should have NO benefits), but I'm curious as to why you compared him to Ghislaine.

As opposed to thousands of everyday citizens being imprisoned in less-than-hospitable situations. Why does Ghislaine deserve to be treated better than someone who got arrested with weed, but couldn't afford bail?
You've highlighted only one famous case.
Everyone should be treated equally. Ghislaine has proven to be a flight risk and she is associated with numerous child abuse cases.
Do you think she should be treated like a queen?

Of course I don't defend Breivik's treatment (he should have NO benefits), but I'm curious as to why you compared him to Ghislaine.
I compared the treatment of human beings and the conditions of imprisonment.
Surely a clean cell in a well run jail isnt too much to ask?
The facility where JE died and MG was held isnt a paragon of a civilized prison.
I dont defend criminals, but I abhor the conditions they are kept in. When I read about them I felt ill.
GM isnt sentenced yet.

The facility where JE died and MG was held isnt a paragon of a civilized prison.
I dont defend criminals, but I abhor the conditions they are kept in. When I read about them I felt ill.
GM isnt sentenced yet.

Yes and No. Ofc its not right by our standards but its how Norway deals with things . Its not a deterrent and his actual sentence by any other countries standards would be laughable. He likely could be out soon and do it again. I know I was speaking to some Norwegian friends of mine the night it happened and they was disgusted and said it would be like a holiday for him.

Its been said she doesnt even flush the toilet so maybe she doesnt care about the conditions she is in....but to be fair did she care about the condition the kids were treated that she got for Epstein? and for herself possibly?

GM isnt sentenced yet.

But lots of people in jail aren't sentenced yet and they are in these same jails. Have you expressed concerns about the thousands of them?
Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, because you raise a good point, but I hate that we, as a society, focus on celebrities. As if they deserve better than the average citizen.

GM took flight and hid, using her wealth. She deserves to be there more than many others.
JE fled the country and hid. They had to snatch him when he snuck back into the country.

Yes and No. Ofc its not right by our standards but its how Norway deals with things . Its not a deterrent and his actual sentence by any other countries standards would be laughable. He likely could be out soon and do it again. I know I was speaking to some Norwegian friends of mine the night it happened and they was disgusted and said it would be like a holiday for him.

Its been said she doesnt even flush the toilet so maybe she doesnt care about the conditions she is in....but to be fair did she care about the condition the kids were treated that she got for Epstein? and for herself possibly?
GM is a criminal and I stated my point of view here many times.
Im talking about sth else - about conditions people are held in prisons.
Breivik case is extreme I agree.
I wrote about it to show the absolute abyss in treating people.
Do filthy prisons deter criminals in America???
Do civilised conditions in Norway lure people to commit crimes???

Why do people laugh when she doesnt flush her toilet?
Isnt it a sign of some mental breakdown?

Well, I only know one thing - revenge never bears fruit.
And the way society treats prisoners is a mirror of this society.

Sweltering in summer, freezing in winter, with rats and insects as companions - does anyone think they will leave prisons as better people?

Sweltering in summer, freezing in winter, with rats and insects as companions - does anyone think they will leave prisons as better people?

Sorry that this seems like a 'pile-on', and you don't deserve that. I think you've been a wonderful defender of the victims. Thank you for that.
A couple of us 'reacted' to your previous post as it seemed that you were offended by jail conditions for JE and GM. I agree with your points, but that you raised it in regards to 2 white rich people who fled, is what caused some of us to respond. Perhaps a knee-jerk on our part.

Again, thank you for caring. You seem like a wonderful person who just wants the best for everyone.

Different countries, different cultures, different law. In much of the EU and other European countries, like Norway, rehabilitation is the priority where possible. In the USA, punishment is the objective. That is why prison conditions are different.

Honestly I don't believe he face his money to Epstein.. I just don't and she was the golden child of Maxwell.. She seemed to adore him and her him. I seriously don't see her as being cruelly by her dad

Hi @UK Girl,

Can you explain your first sentence above please? TIA

Or...she could be using the not flushing the toilet as an excuse..saying she has a mental breakdown and shouldnt face trial or to get a lesser sentence..who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member