Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a report in the news yesterday that when RL found what he did in the underbrush, he put it IN the white bag himself? Can't find it now.

or maybe it was in a screen shot of an SB response to a reporter?

Sure... but we don't have evidence it was or wasn't self defense. Brian could also have been acting in self defense. We don't know what happened.
Was Gabby taking Jiu Jitsu or Krav Maga or something? I feel like I'm missing something regarding her formidable physical abilities despite her height and weight?

We have it documented that Gabby slapped Brian at least twice:
1) When Brian stole her ID.
2) When Brian was driving away from her in her own van with all of her worldly possessions.

Any abuse Brian received (perceived or literal) does not justify Gabby's murder.

If someone calls the FBI and says someone is missing, the FBI would inform them it's not their jurisdiction and tell them to call their local PD. Just like Gabby's parents had when they called NPPD.
May be different in a high profile case. Just saying.

Graphic warning below :

I have some theories which of course are unpleasant. :(
Found in a foggy swamp and not falling from a cliff which could fragment bones ... so, maybe animal predation ?
Although-- wouldn't an alligator attack leave the skull mostly intact ?
Decomp wouldn't cause a skull to fragment, correct ?

Boggles the mind to think this might not be Brian --- which leads me to other theories.
Imo.

I hope that 'intelligence' gathered by LE wasn't just SB and the Laundrie's words, and nothing else ! :rolleyes:
MOO.
Old remains unearthed by the flood water? Jmo

bbm
Exactly.
Isn't the use of the term "Hog Wash" somewhat unprofessional ?
Maybe it's time to step aside and let the Laundrie's speak for themselves ?
Even if the choice of SB as their mouthpiece was the Laundrie's decision initially -- he could refer them to a more experienced lawyer, criminal or otherwise ?
Imo.

Agreed.
IF the Petito's and Schmidt's decide there's information being withheld from them -- can they bring a civil lawsuit ?
Just asking.
I was wondering the same thing.
If the FBI has evidence of planning by the Laundies as an attempt to thwart justice (phone records/texts between BL & family going back even into July), purchases made, phone records between “family friend attorney”, etc. Makes me wonder if Gabby’s family could sue for pain and suffering?

Again, that’s assuming evidence exists of planning to help BL evade the police, if they had knowledge that GP was dead and didn’t answer calls to her family.

Remember, the ONLY reason GPs body was found when it was, was because of the tiktok camper with video of the van, on or around the date GP went silent. Without that, they’d probably still be searching for her.

I agree, the FBI and the Laundries don’t owe the public anything. What has me scratching my head right now, is Bertilino’s statement last night on CNN, that he had reported Brian missing on Sept 13 to the FBI. That changes a lot for me if true, but I wonder why he wouldn’t have made that statement weeks ago. Or at the very least, texted that to one of the many reporters he was having back-and-forths with. That seems off to me.
I am not sure how the FBI run their investigations, but perhaps they told SB they would handle it. I mean, how many agencies was SB supposed to call? I would imagine you would call the lead agency (the FBI in this case), otherwise the list to call would eventually become unmanageable.

If you're saying it was NPPD that injected nonsense into the narrative then I couldn't agree more. Remember NPPD's emphatic rejection of the idea that the Laundries would help in the search. Some 12 hours later the Laundries were helping in the search.

There's a saying out there: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. This statement just makes NPPD look even worse in my view.

Viewers thought that they could identify a case of some sort that LE removed from the Mustang as a gun case. It was never verified that it was a gun case...may or may not have been. I wouldn't know as I have no use for guns and no familiarity with them, fortunately. Posters were simply saying what they thought they saw. jmo

Was Gabby taking Jiu Jitsu or Krav Maga or something? I feel like I'm missing something regarding her formidable physical abilities despite her height and weight?

We have it documented that Gabby slapped Brian at least twice:
1) When Brian stole her ID.
2) When Brian was driving away from her in her own van with all of her worldly possessions.

Any abuse Brian received (perceived or literal) does not justify Gabby's murder.
You have stated it much better than I did, but we posted at the same time. I can not believe there are some people trying to equate her abuse with his. Jmo

“I have a hunch that there is a 3rd party at play in all this. <modsnip> What if they owed money to someone ? What if BL needed to get back to Florida to storage unit to retrieve money? Stash? What if someone had GP in the meantime and he had to return to pay a ransom to free her ? I mean WHERE was GP when BL was in Florida ? What if they argued about getting out of this or going to the police which increased tension between them & spilled over into the public sphere ? What if BL arranged to meet someone at Carlton Reserve to pay back money (and he still didn’t know GP was dead) ? There is so much off about this story …there is something else here to have the FBI involved so early. Would explain the parents staying quiet, this sudden discovery to make 3rd party think it’s all over ?”

——————————————————

I have had a similar idea all along, but never posted it because I actually haven’t felt safe talking about it publicly. I wish I could discuss this with someone, but very hesitant to do so.
Show any proof of any of these theories. Jmo

Slapping a person is abusive. If I were to go up to a person and haul off and slapp them I would rightly be arrested for assault. It is not acceptable behavior and it is not normal or harmless. It is violent and the violence escalated, IMHO. How do you suppose Gabby ended up in that creek bed, dead? Why would he take her van and leave if he did nothing to her?
Why would he hide in a swamp and possibly/probably commit suicide if he were innocent? Why avoid her family? Jmo

I never said slapping wasn't violent. Both GP and BL did it and neither should have.

I don't know exactly how GP ended up dead. And I can think of many reasons for suicide besides being a murderer.

I'm sure we won't agree on this topic though so I'm done.
JMO

I’m wondering why the parents went to AT&T the day before he was found. What couldn’t they do over the phone? Even if they needed to return a phone or buy a new phone, they usually ship a return kit to you. I haven’t been in a cell phone store for years. They don’t even repair phones in-house anymore. It’s a mystery to me. JMO

My guess is they went to pay Brian's cell bill.

I agree, the FBI and the Laundries don’t owe the public anything. What has me scratching my head right now, is Bertilino’s statement last night on CNN, that he had reported Brian missing on Sept 13 to the FBI. That changes a lot for me if true, but I wonder why he wouldn’t have made that statement weeks ago. Or at the very least, texted that to one of the many reporters he was having back-and-forths with. That seems off to me.

He did, but apparently nobody noticed. This reporter heard from Bertonlino, on September 24, that the Laundries reported Brian missing "a week and a half ago," which would put the date at September 13 or 14.

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1441565155796701184?s=21

we don't seem to have enough links to look at the sequence.
Am trying to find examples of what SB said, generally around the 13th, have found this one but other posters must have more

This reporter says SB said he last spoke to BL on 13th but the reporter is ambiguous on 'missing'
SB said to Cuomo that the Laundries made BL an official MisPer on 17th ( that's different to 'reported him missing')
https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1442976959588405249?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member