Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BL’s initial plan was to run but he soon realised it would never work! There are just way too many people dying from DV. A moments loss of temper and losing control of your emotions leads to such devastating ends for so many. Moo

He came home and appears to have tried to carry on with his life, albeit for a short period of time. I wonder if he ever genuinely believed he might get away with it? Would love to understand what was going through his mind. I’d like to think the journal will help there but already know I’ll probably just process anything we’re told about that with scepticism anyway.

Who's on first???? jmo

Runners on 2nd & 3rd. No outs.
Entin hits a line drive single racking up a clean RBI.
Entin steals 2nd.
SB, blinded by Entins cloud of dust allows runner on 3rd to cross the plate on SB's pittiful over throw into centerfield.
Banfield comes to bat racking up a 3-0 count on SB's overworked, sorry arm... hits a soaring rocket clear over the fence straight into SB's bullpen, striking SB's star closing pitcher square in the temple.
Nope.. he never saw it coming.

*SB, now on the disabled list, hobbles off the field declining Banfield's re-match. :D

My biggest question was:
"Who goes camping/hiking with a MUSTANG?"

It just happens to be one of two vehicles his parents have, and his dad seems to always drive the Dodge Ram pickup truck so maybe that's why he didn't take that. He just drove the Mustang to get to the park and he parked the car and walked into the park.

In that case Brian also hacked/blocked calls and texts on Cassie's phone. She claimed she never received any calls from the Petitos.
yes but cassie explained that in her recorded interview as Gabby's family probably not having the right number for her, who knows where the truth lies

banfield just explained that bertolino may have told the parents to ignore all calls and that she'll ask him that question in her next interview

Last edited:
I will be first to admit that I have condemned the Laundries privately, if not here publicly, for not answering Gabby's family's communications when they became concerned that they hadn't heard from her.

It occurred to me tonight that perhaps they suspected that Brian was responsible for her demise and were too ashamed to speak to her family. What could they possibly have said?

The fact is that we have no idea what the Laundries knew or didn't know or when.
The fact is that there is no actual evidence that we know of that they helped him escape or hide.

I'ma give them the benefit of the doubt pending further information coming to light.

They aren't responsible for Brian's actions.

I agree with this in principle but the L family knew enough to be aware that they couldn’t simply offer whatever story BL had given them about Gabby when her family tried to get in touch. They knew they couldn’t just say “oh they split up and she’s off with friends” or similar. If they were clueless about her coming to harm surely that would have been a straightforward conversation for them to have? There’s a reason they knew they couldn’t or shouldn’t do that.

In the interview with Ashley he admits he didn't actually file a missing persons report with the FBI. Instead, he clarifies that he spoke to some FBI person and mentioned that Brian had gone hiking and hadn't returned yet. I'm betting we'll find out later the person he mentioned it to wasn't FBI.
According to the media thread, SB mentioned all the way back on Sep 20th that he reported to the authorities that BL did not return on the evening of Sep 13th. This is not new.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

https://twitter.com/TiffanyAlaniz/status/1440133951419465729?s=20

Last edited:
I'm watching SB on Banfield, and boy howdy.

I have no idea what he thinks he's accomplishing when all he had to do is say that his clients are grieving their son's death and neither he nor them will have any additional statements to give, and please respect their privacy.

Instead...boy howdy.

Keep giving interviews with women reporters and lashing out at them. That'll help his clients.

Just wow.
Yep he seems VERY misogynist IMO. Especially his demeanor between Ash and Brian...completely different

I agree with this in principle but the L family knew enough to be aware that they couldn’t simply offer whatever story BL had given them about Gabby when her family tried to get in touch. They knew they couldn’t just say “oh they split up and she’s off with friends” or similar. If they were clueless about her coming to harm surely that would have been a straightforward conversation for them to have? There’s a reason they knew they couldn’t or shouldn’t do that.

I'm not sure where we disagree?

There were so many things they couldn't say straightforwardly that they decided their best option was to say nothing.

So what happened to Brian's phone that he had on the trip? I wonder what the reasoning was for buying a new one with his mother. It's already suspected that he had Gabby's phone post her death. I wonder what kind of incriminating texts there might have been between the two. Why else have both of those phone's been inexplicably disappeared?
Not just the phones, where is Gabby's laptop, ipad, drone and the nice camera she had to film with.

Not sure about the others but LE stated they do not have the original phones. My guess is they're at the bottom of Jackson Lake. MOO Speculation

My biggest question was:
"Who goes camping/hiking with a MUSTANG?"

:) I found it. According to Florida statute 705.103 regarding abandoned or lost property, vehicles and vessels included:

"...If it (the property) gets left on the side of the road or on public property without being picked up or taken away by the owner, it can be considered “a public nuisance” and law enforcement officers have to place a notice on it, telling the owner or other interested persons that the object or vehicle is unlawfully on public property and has to be removed within five days."

Ok. So once it's ticketed, the owner has 5 days to remove it. However, it could be ticketed after being parked there less than 5 days. That's as clear as mud. IMO.

I'm not sure where we disagree?

There were so many things they couldn't say straightforwardly that they decided their best option was to say nothing.

I was really adding to your post rather than disagreeing - just rubbish wording from me there.

The point I was trying to make is that they knew enough to stop them leaping to help search for Gabby (surely the most instinctive response) and they knew enough to get lawyered up. So I guess I believe they were aware that she was not okay at that point.

I knew we had discussed the conflict of interest but I didn’t know about the privilege being waived.

I meant the privilege part. It’s so far back I can’t remember what thread. I think it may have been @Alethea .

also banfield broke it down on her live Twitter after SB interview this eve

jmo

I just finished watching Banfield. He sure is hot under the collar about supposedly telling FBI that Brian didn’t come home on Monday, Tuesday &/or Thursday or Friday! Really awful of us John Q Publics to not have any clue which version of this is true (if any)!

has he specifically said it was before he left the house on the 13th?
( I'd never understood which phone SB called Brian on, pre-hike)

I have seen texts to two different reporters saying that he last spoke to BL on 9/13, and that he last spoke to him on 9/14. Since attorneys are supposed to be tracking their time in order to bill clients, shouldn’t he have had a log he could confirm his last conversation with BL? I think SB lies a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes