Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, but I never believed that BL was yelling at anyone in Merry Piglets. The manager's statements to BE fit to me. I got the sense the IG woman's statements were exaggerated. Just my opinion.
The IG poster may have gotten so excited in her insta to her friends and, perhaps, embellished a bit. Then it went viral and the media came calling. Now what? Do you double down on the story or do you admit to your followers you may have exaggerated a bit? Rock meet hard place. imo

That didn't occur to me either. It makes me wonder, what do we really know about these two people? Almost nothing. We know what they wanted us to see on social media. We know a few things their friends have said about them. But we really don't know the character of either of them. I've never done "dine and dash" because I don't believe in stealing. It's very clearly dishonest and wrong, for whatever reason. To the restaurant it's stealing. Gabby and Brian for some reason thought stealing was OK.... Apparently. I mean, that is what the facts according to the manager of the restaurant are. So what kind of people were Gabby and Brian really? We have assumed a LOT about both of them and this proves we really don't know much if anything about either one of them.

MOO
I've had a lot of thoughts about a few different things which I don't think would be welcome or even allowed in some instances. I do however believe that BL was definitely an abuser and a killer. That being said, the lifestyle I saw just doesn't make sense to me. MOO.

You have to wonder, since he was found so close to the entrance, if he went to the car and it was gone, so he went back into the park and then something happened to him.
JMHO and speculation, but I don't think the car being gone was a huge issue if Brian had decided to return home.
I think it was about 5 miles from the house and for a hiker like Brian it wouldn't have been hard to walk back home.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the distance from where the car was parked to the Ls home.

I've had a lot of thoughts about a few different things which I don't think would be welcome or even allowed in some instances. I do however believe that BL was definitely an abuser and a killer. That being said, the lifestyle I saw just doesn't make sense to me. MOO.
Same here. I have had to accept that what makes sense to me did not make sense to GP or BL. I camp at the Hilton, for starters. And I would never consider a hike in a muddy swamp to be the ideal place to end my life. (Still not 100% on BL's COD being suicide but open to the possibility.) JMHO

JMHO and speculation, but I don't think the car being gone was a huge issue if Brian had decided to return home.
I think it was about 5 miles from the house and for a hiker like Brian it wouldn't have been hard to walk back home.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the distance from where the car was parked to the Ls home.
My thought is that BL may have felt abandoned if he didn't see the car. Being already distraught, that could have pushed him over the edge. MOO.

Don't know if they went there, but her cremains are in or near Jenny Lake. jmo

Gabby’s ashes weren’t scattered by the lake.

The 4 parents arrived in Jackson on a Wednesday and spent the Thursday at the campsite where she was found. They spent the afternoon at the Sheriff’s office being briefed by detectives working on the case.

On the Friday, they met with rescuers from the Teton County Search and Rescue team which took part in the hunt for her body and visited Jenny Lake where her van was seen parked shortly before she vanished.

JP posted a photo of the lake on his social media with the caption: ‘I now know why you came here. #GabbyPetito has a beautiful view from now on. Love you and miss you.’

Step-mom Tara tweeted a photo of herself with Nichole at the glacier lake and wrote: ‘Two moms out at Jenny Lake”.

On the Saturday morning, the family made their way out of the Valley Mortuary in Jackson, Wyoming, clutching an urn containing the ashes - the final stop on a whirlwind trip.

Nichole appeared visibly upset as they left the funeral home, while black-clad father Joe held the white box containing Gabby’s to his chest. Her remains were going to be taken home to Long Island for burial.

Gabby Petito's parents are seen collecting her remains in Wyoming three weeks after body was found | Daily Mail Online

Edited last para. for clarity.

Last edited:
Honestly, I hate that we even have to know this. It's not that I don't want all of the information, but I'm tired of trying to weed through the briar patch to try to figure out who's telling the truth. In a way, I dislike SM, but if it wasn't for the Bethunes and SM, Gabby probably wouldn't have been found, at least not as quickly. This should have been a nice young couple doing things that young couples do, and arriving in Portland sometime this weekend. I think I'm back to being infuriated. MOO
I look at the MP incident mostly as an important point on the timeline. We know that they were in Jackson around 1-2pm on the 27th. THAT is what is significant about it, imo. And then we have them back at Spread Creek around 6:30 pm, same night, per the Bethune video. These seem to be some of the only indisputable sightings that we know of until BL in Benton IL on the 31st. JS claims she saw the van the 26-28th, and then we have two hitchhiking stories that have been neither confirmed nor denied, iirc.

And yet they waited to call the police. Their claims of concern and that BL was distraught does not match their actions (inaction). IMO.

The police wouldn't have sent grief counselors, they would have sent swat teams armed to the teeth (which they did send). I don't know about you, but that wouldn't reduce my concern.

My thought is that BL may have felt abandoned if he didn't see the car. Being already distraught, that could have pushed him over the edge. MOO.
I think the car was there for two nights before the L’s went to get it and bring it back to their house.

Same here. I have had to accept that what makes sense to me did not make sense to GP or BL. I camp at the Hilton, for starters. And I would never consider a hike in a muddy swamp to be the ideal place to end my life. (Still not 100% on BL's COD being suicide but open to the possibility.) JMHO
For all we know they didn't sleep in the tent at all..or often. Maybe they filmed their rugged camping experience with props and then headed off to dine out and find a motel. The tent and van pics with the decorative pillows and shams may have been for the vlog. Gabby always looked clean and showered and fresh clean hair and clothes. just sayin'. jmo

IMO I think they did love each other but that the road trip brought out the deficits in their relationship. JMO but as I looked through the pics from the start of the trip to the end I can see a difference in them. As the trip went on it seemed her smiles were a little less joyous and it seemed to me in some pics that her eyes looked like she'd been crying before the pics were taken. BL looked healthy and happy in the beginning but towards the end his countenance seemed gaunt and haunted. As we're not allowed to go "there" I'll just leave it at that. MOO

Merry Piglets

the incident “wasn’t what everyone said.

Timeline: Petito's final days

The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.

Wow. This just goes to show how completely unreliable eyewitness testimony is. I totally took everything this person (the witness at MP) said with a grain of salt, though, because she said Brian was "shouting" and then later said "not shouting."

This doesn't really change much for me, though. I'm going to guess that Laundrie and Petito differed on whether or not they should get their money back. I still think it was shortly after this incident that he killed her.

Considering how hard the parents tried to get him to say home, I don't believe he would think that his parents took the car or abandoned him. More likely, he would think it was towed by the authorities and I doubt he cared what they thought. He may have seen that as a sign the authorities were after him?

But I believe he died before the car was removed, and never even knew it. Just MOO

The IG poster may have gotten so excited in her insta to her friends and, perhaps, embellished a bit. Then it went viral and the media came calling. Now what? Do you double down on the story or do you admit to your followers you may have exaggerated a bit? Rock meet hard place. imo

Exactly. There are a lot of "I think" and "she seemed" in her statements which IMO means her perspective was subjective. And she says he was "screaming." I do think others would have noticed him screaming. I don't think he was screaming. Again, JMO.

I don't doubt she witnessed a tense ongoing exchange.

The managers statements have really shed some light on this. There's no doubt about that.

MOO.

Gabby Petito Case: Instagrammer Nina Angelo details explosive argument between Petito, Brian Laundrie at Merry Piglets restaurant | abc7ny.com

Last edited:
So, why was Gabby outside crying? Is there an incentive for the manager to downplay the incident? Why would they come back inside and ask for their money back if they had just paid the server moments earlier? This is a weird story. By weird, I just mean that it further confuses rather than tying any ends together. MOO

hmmm......

Merry Piglets

the incident “wasn’t what everyone said.

Timeline: Petito's final days

The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.
in
This just does not seem like a logical explanation of events. Who gets caught walking out without paying and then pays outside, only to walk back in to ask for a refund? It can't be the entire story of what occurred. I will wait to hear what BE has to add, hoping that it will make more sense. I will hold my opinion until then.

The police wouldn't have sent grief counselors, they would have sent swat teams armed to the teeth (which they did send). I don't know about you, but that wouldn't reduce my concern.
I would not call LE about a possibly suicidal missing person.
Suicide by cop is a real thing.
jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members