Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo... Could they have been served their drinks and no one returned to take their order? I left a restaurant after waiting an hour after our drinks were served. Oh course we offered pay to for the drinks. Years ago, we went to the local movie theater, got drinks and popcorn, waiting for the movie to start. The manager came in and said, weren't showing the movie because we only have 10 people. You know they wouldn't refund anyone's drink and popcorn money. I was pregnant, it was our anniversary. I cried when we got in the car, very upsetting.

I notice BB said, they did not pay, but didn't say it was for food. I can't see GP not wanting to pay. She's worked in a restaurant, I'm betting their is more to this story.

All speculation. Moo...

Honestly, I hate that we even have to know this. It's not that I don't want all of the information, but I'm tired of trying to weed through the briar patch to try to figure out who's telling the truth. In a way, I dislike SM, but if it wasn't for the Bethunes and SM, Gabby probably wouldn't have been found, at least not as quickly. This should have been a nice young couple doing things that young couples do, and arriving in Portland sometime this weekend. I think I'm back to being infuriated. MOO

We don't know that the incident at MP is related to her death in any way though. It might not have been a precursor to it. It's only the previous stories about the MP incident that lead people to speculate that BL killed her after the scene at MP.

Now that the manager has stated there was no anger, no loud voices and no fit was thrown, I don't think that MP can be considered a contributing factor in the lead up to GP's death.

MOO
Oh I totally agree with you.
I wasn't trying to link the 2 events, but just noting that whatever happened between GP and BL, Gabby didn't deserve to die.
FWIW I have never bought into the theory that the incident at MP set off BL and led to Gabby's murder.
jmho
eta: clarification

IMO I was a waitress and I tip generously when service is good and when food is late I often give the server the benefit of the doubt because it may well have been the kitchen. When service is truly bad, though, I can be pretty judgy.
Agree and they probably didn't tip the server................but, you don't walk out without paying. PERIOD. And then have the nerve to demand your money back. If they had complained about the food or something while ready to pay, management might have comped their meal.......but not if you try to rip them off. jmo
I hope this is not true, but it REALLY makes me angry. In a lot of restaurants, if your customers dine and dash, you have to pay their bill. I had to chase a large party with a bunch of kids out the door once and they had a sizeable bill. They paid it, but no gratuity for me. GRRR

Last edited:
It might have been something along the lines of, "I'm sorry, but I really don't think we should be paying for this and we want our money back"

Maybe all the witnesses heard were the first couple of words?

MOO
GP didn’t seem like the type to force a confrontation. That seemed more BL’s thing. If he couldn’t charm or talk his way out of something, he would get angry, MOO.

Moo. Main stream media sources can be just as biased and misleading as social media sources. I am always a bit skeptical of witnesses doing paid interviews. Things get embellished to fit certain narratives.

What time/ show will Brian Entin be on tonight? It may have been posted already, but as we all know, it is so hard to catch up.
ETA I just saw an ad and it will be 9:00 on NewsNarion.

It's not at all far from the road and I'm thinking they weren't super far from campsites... people often go for walks around their camp site areas & if a lot of it is brush towards the river, you don't need a trail.
Brian Entin said it was about 1000 feet from the road and across a small river ( a creek, imo)
BBM
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

There are now many crosses out there made of stones people have made. Most are close to where the van was. The actual spot her body was is quite far - maybe 1000 feet away. You have to walk through a small river. I'll have it all tonight for the special at 9pmET on NewsNation.

I'm not sure NPPD would have been of much help at that point anyway. The park was already flooded by Sep 14th. From the media thread:

“Chris went out that night and looked for him,” the attorney said. “It was wet, it was rainy. Chris couldn’t see anything. It was dark.”

Bertolino said Chris and his wife Roberta went back to the park the next day, Sept. 14, and saw the Mustang with a “summons” for being parked overnight. He said the couple spent several hours walking around but couldn’t go off trail because the park was relatively flooded."

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*
You have to wonder, since he was found so close to the entrance, if he went to the car and it was gone, so he went back into the park and then something happened to him.

The first time I saw that was in an article about GP's family going there to visit the spot when they picked up her cremated remains. I can't find it, but I was under the impression they might have left it? Not sure

i don't know if it was that specific item, but i also recall some memento with a sugar skull left by the family when they made that trip...there were hand written notes/cards, and i specifically remember that design being among them...moo

yes but SB claims that nppd ought to have known this, that it would have been passed on by fbi

but sb also says a lot of things: upset, distressed, distraught, not in a good state of mind, ( so many different interviews but we naturally don't learn what exactly he's distressed about)
On Banfield:
SB: no he didn't seem suicidal, not outwardly. Alert coherent, no indication of suicide. (Grieving was misspoke,poor choice of words, last interview of the day etc)

People:

"He was out of sorts at the time between when he came home and when he went to the hike and the day he went for the hike, he was extremely upset," the attorney explains. "Brian was very upset and distressed. Mr. Laundrie tried to prevent him from leaving the house in that condition and he couldn't, and Brian insisted on going out for the hike."
Bertolino said Laundrie was "depressed, distressed, and upset" after returning to Florida — "however you would describe somebody who is just not appearing to be in a good state of mind," he added. Brian Laundrie's Parents 'Have No Inkling' What Might Be in Notebook Found Near Remains: Lawyer

Banfield link

And yet they waited to call the police. Their claims of concern and that BL was distraught does not match their actions (inaction). IMO.

Moo. Main stream media sources can be just as biased and misleading as social media sources. I am always a bit skeptical of witnesses doing paid interviews. Things get embellished to fit certain narratives.
Agree.
The Sun and the Daily Mail will pay for stories and I am surprised that they are allowed as acceptable sources here.
They embellish and sensationalize stories for clicks and money.
IDK but I hope that News Nation does not.
jmho

Chris couldn't have been in the park at night unless he parked his car outside the gate and walked in. The gate closes at sundown. jmo

I would imagine the entire preserve isnt fenced or gated. Not that I necessarily think that anyone went there after the gates were closed. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2