Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why was Gabby outside crying? Is there an incentive for the manager to downplay the incident? Why would they come back inside and ask for their money back if they had just paid the server moments earlier? This is a weird story. By weird, I just mean that it further confuses rather than tying any ends together. MOO
Confrontation can be very upsetting to someone with anxiety. Also feeling helpless or taken advantage of can set off an anxiety attack. Some dispute with the service or food could have made them decide to leave. Gabby may have been upset that Brian paid the bill when she didn't feel they should. She went back in and asked for a refund. And was denied. Brian tried to defend her, and failed. All this confrontation and helplessness would be very upsetting to her, and I can see why it would make her cry.

Is there an incentive for the manager to downplay the incident? I believe so. This case has made national news. Gabby is loved by many people and they vigorously defend her. The manager wouldn't want to be known as the restaurant that did (something?) to make her cry.

MOO

Yakiddinme? I just reread Nina's statement
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

IF there was video (now destroyed) and it proved that there was no shouting , no walking in and out by Brian and no crying and apology by Gabby then .. what the?

She did walk that back later on. It is possible that her boyfriend, who was the one with an allegedly amazing memory, corrected her.

That's just how memory works. You have a general remembrance of what happened and then as you think about it and/or discuss it more it gets more and more accurate. (Or, sometimes, less accurate.)

So they left without paying. But Gabby was allegedly crying. This says to me she did not at all agree with leaving without paying. I still see this as Gabby siding with the establishment and this driving Laundrie into a rage.

in
This just does not seem like a logical explanation of events. Who gets caught walking out without paying and then pays outside, only to walk back in to ask for a refund? It can't be the entire story of what occurred. I will wait to hear what BE has to add, hoping that it will make more sense. I will hold my opinion until then.

Imo they paid the bill or the cops.get.called!

Why she.went.back.and.asked.for.a.refund.is.beyond me!
They said he was.calm!

Sure.is.a.very different story!

Agree and they probably didn't tip the server................but, you don't walk out without paying. PERIOD. And then have the nerve to demand your money back. If they had complained about the food or something while ready to pay, management might have comped their meal.......but not if you try to rip them off. jmo
I hope this is not true, but it REALLY makes me angry. In a lot of restaurants, if your customers dine and dash, you have to pay their bill. I had to chase a large party with a bunch of kids out the door once and they had a sizeable bill. They paid it, but no gratuity for me. GRRR

I once worked at a restaurant. Customers said their half-eaten food was crap and demanded their money back. They got it. It was take-out, but still. All depends on management.

And it is certainly illegal to make the server pay for dine and dashes, is it not? If not, what a terrible country.

They did?
I missed that.
jmho
Brian Laundrie accused of using Gabby Petito's debit card | wtsp.com
NORTH PORT, Fla — The lawyer for the Laundrie family introduced new details in the federal arrest warrant Brian Laundrie is facing for unauthorized use of a debit card.

The family's lawyer, Steven Bertolino, said Laundrie is charged with unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby Petito, the man's fiancée whose autopsy revealed she died by strangulation.

In layman's terms, it's called stealing. IMO.

Confrontation can be very upsetting to someone with anxiety. Also feeling helpless or taken advantage of can set off an anxiety attack. Some dispute with the service or food could have made them decide to leave. Gabby may have been upset that Brian paid the bill when she didn't feel they should. She went back in and asked for a refund. And was denied. Brian tried to defend her, and failed. All this confrontation and helplessness would be very upsetting to her, and I can see why it would make her cry.

Is there an incentive for the manager to downplay the incident? I believe so. This case has made national news. Gabby is loved by many people and they vigorously defend her. The manager wouldn't want to be known as the restaurant that did (something?) to make her cry.

MOO
bbm

Except the manager threw GP under the bus in the end and practically called Gabby a thief.
I don't see how the restaurant has anything to gain from that, other than trying to set the record straight.
jmho

Brian Laundrie accused of using Gabby Petito's debit card | wtsp.com
NORTH PORT, Fla — The lawyer for the Laundrie family introduced new details in the federal arrest warrant Brian Laundrie is facing for unauthorized use of a debit card.

The family's lawyer, Steven Bertolino, said Laundrie is charged with unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby Petito, the man's fiancée whose autopsy revealed she died by strangulation.

In layman's terms, it's called stealing. IMO.
Of course!
DUH!
Thanks.
(looking for the face palm emoji)

in
This just does not seem like a logical explanation of events. Who gets caught walking out without paying and then pays outside, only to walk back in to ask for a refund? It can't be the entire story of what occurred. I will wait to hear what BE has to add, hoping that it will make more sense. I will hold my opinion until then.

If you felt the food and/or service was crap you might walk out without paying but then, under threat of having the police called, pay. But then, having been forced to pay, argue the money should be refunded.

Honestly, I hate that we even have to know this. It's not that I don't want all of the information, but I'm tired of trying to weed through the briar patch to try to figure out who's telling the truth. In a way, I dislike SM, but if it wasn't for the Bethunes and SM, Gabby probably wouldn't have been found, at least not as quickly. MOO

I hate SM altogether. It's like a cancer that just keeps growing full of lies, betrayal's, un-reality, fake, dangerous, and all things that are wrong with our society. JMO

I need to just process this curve ball, there's more to this than we know right now. I mean there's probably 70 threads of MP reference, information, and speculation, and opinion. Not sure this changes things at all. I certainly won't jump on any bandwagon about this being true or false. I'll certainly be more cautious about I hear and read from now on. JMO

She did walk that back later on. It is possible that her boyfriend, who was the one with an allegedly amazing memory, corrected her.

That's just how memory works. You have a general remembrance of what happened and then as you think about it and/or discuss it more it gets more and more accurate. (Or, sometimes, less accurate.)

So they left without paying. But Gabby was allegedly crying. This says to me she did not at all agree with leaving without paying. I still see this as Gabby siding with the establishment and this driving Laundrie into a rage.
I can't see Gabby siding with the establishment because she was the one who walked back in and asked for a refund after they were paid outside. I'm guessing Brian is the one who paid and Gabby objected. When she asked for a refund, he backed her up.

bbm

Except the manager threw GP under the bus in the end and practically called Gabby a thief.
I don't see how the restaurant has anything to gain from that, other than trying to set the record straight.
jmho
Good point.

If she sided with the restaurant, she wouldn't have gone back in after they'd paid on the street and asked for a refund, imo

I once worked at a restaurant. Customers said their half-eaten food was crap and demanded their money back. They got it. It was take-out, but still. All depends on management.

And it is certainly illegal to make the server pay for dine and dashes, is it not? If not, what a terrible country.
It may be illegal now, but some restaurants did do that in the 70's and 80's. As you can see, I'm an old bat! jmo

I'm sorry, I don't understand the BBM. She (who?) walked what back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2