Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Brian Entin the waitress "followed them out." In my mind that is quite different from "chased after them." So yes, you can't just say you are not paying and leave. But to me that is what it looks like they did. It may not have been for the whole amount.

In any case, what I am taking as the important take away here is that it now appears Brian and Gabby were not fighting at this point. Certainly nothing major.

I think the original witness inadvertently injected a lot of anti-Brian bias into her narrative. Her interpretation of events was likely colored by the knowledge that Brian is the bad guy in what eventually transpired.

What we now know is that there was a dispute between Brian and Gabby and the restaurant, not against each other. This changes things immensely.
I don't "know" that. jmo

According to Brian Entin the waitress "followed them out." In my mind that is quite different from "chased after them." So yes, you can't just say you are not paying and leave. But to me that is what it looks like they did. It may not have been for the whole amount.

In any case, what I am taking as the important take away here is that it now appears Brian and Gabby were not fighting at this point. Certainly nothing major.

I think the original witness inadvertently injected a lot of anti-Brian bias into her narrative. Her interpretation of events was likely colored by the knowledge that Brian is the bad guy in what eventually transpired.

What we now know is that there was a dispute between Brian and Gabby and the restaurant, not against each other. This changes things immensely.

So, what you're saying is that we - as outsiders - might be able to tell if they were having a major problem?

I think BL's behavior on the Moab bodycam shows him very capable of remaining cool as a cucumber when in fact, he's likely quite upset.

What is peculiar about this new version of events is that I thought for sure we heard that Gabby was crying at MP's. Person who said that may be completely mistaken.

Why would they move to New York without Gabby's stuff? They were going to return to NY on Halloween. This doesn't make sense.

It was both of their things in storage, per this latest info. And I'd bet it's much cheaper to store stuff in FL than in NY.

Presumably, they'd find a place in NY somewhere (how they were to afford this is unclear - was the Youtube channel supposed to be their income, along with him selling bookmarks and other graphic designs?) Then, depending on how much space they had, they'd go with the van and move what they needed to the new home - perhaps garage sale of unneeded things.

Makes perfect sense to me, as I hate going through things and getting rid of some of them - but it has to be done. I'd put it off if I could.

Actually, I am wondering. Does Garrison mean that they moved out of their 'rented' accomodation, put that stuff into storage, changed their address to Wassbasso Ave, went to NY and then commenced their travels?

Possibly, there's not much else about it in the article, but he says the "moved to New York" and not just left on the trip from there.

would she travel in the back of the van? i know the lady said he was driving slowly but surely she would've been in the passenger seat? moo

they were on the spread creek dispersed camping gravel road right where they had there van parked all weekend. He was going very slow. Maybe she just didn't want to be next to him at the moment and was chilling or crying in the back or was preparing to set up camp or just basically organizing. Or even napping and he was driving slow to not toss her around in the back. Its a van that is open from the front to the back there is no reason to 100% believe because she wasn't in the front seat that she wasn't in the van.

Brain Laundrie update: North Port police chief talks about surveillance mistake

“What a lot of people don’t know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure,” Garrison said.

Yes but there weren't any takers for that, on here, the day he made that statement.
It was explained away as Josh T trying to justify his refusal to log GP as a misper in Florida

I have no idea which interpretation is true, as with most of the witnesses in this case

I can't keep straight what all I have read where, and what is acceptable to post here, so IMO...GP and BL may have only briefly lived with the Ls in the Wabasso Street house. I don't think the Ls should necessarily have known much or been suspicious of where GP was when BL returned. Speculation only
Yes, it certainly looks that way.

Brain Laundrie update: North Port police chief talks about surveillance mistake

“What a lot of people don’t know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure,” Garrison said.

HMMM interesting!
Been away for a while and just returned, skipping a little.

I think there will be many more surprises to come out about this case. People seem to have been selective in what information has been shared and steered the narrative. Not sure what that may mean yet. IMO

I don't "know" that. jmo
Actually, I am wondering. Does Garrison mean that they moved out of their 'rented' accomodation, put that stuff into storage, changed their address to Wassbasso Ave, went to NY and then commenced their travels?
He said they changed their address to NY. Quite sure he said THEY.jmo

Yes but there weren't any takers for that, on here, the day he made that statement.
It was explained away as Josh T trying to justify his refusal to log GP as a misper in Florida

I have no idea which interpretation is true, as with most of the witnesses in this case

Ah, I missed this while I was away for a few days attending to real life :)

I personally see no reason to doubt this. It would be easily disproved if they did not in fact change their address. Also I believe NS indicated NY as a probable location GP was returning to. MOO

I don't "know" that. jmo

The original witness already walked back much of what she said initially. The two version of events actually line up, more or less, if you read the latest version(s) from the witness. Her stories were full of inconsistencies. Like she couldn't hear what was being said but on the other hand said Gabby came back in to apologize. It seems both agree that Gabby came back in, but not on the reason. Who is in the best position to know?

It only makes sense to change our view of what happened, given this latest info.

Ah, I missed this while I was away for a few days attending to real life :)

I personally see no reason to doubt this. It would be easily disproved if they did not in fact change their address. Also I believe NS indicated NY as a probable located GP was returning to. MOO

Yes am hoping that one of the posters comes back on to re-explain, I don't have the energy.

( Like you, I also thought JT's comments might be very significant, at the time he made them, because I'd spent a lot of time trying to establish how little time the couple might have spent in the same house as Chris & Roberta)
Ditto her comment to LE about her drivers licence wtte ' it's from out of Florida right now'
( may be reading too much into these things ofc, but the latter cld be signif)
A couple of other posters - Lee? - thought Fl was also poor for work options for young people & it looks like they're going to need* jobs soon

* How many followers did they have on their platforms, prior to the disappearance? Insufficient?

New tip emerges about Brian Laundrie's previous movements as FBI asks for public's help

North Port police confirmed to CNN that Baker spoke with the department before posting the videos on TikTok.

"Her account is plausible, it appears," North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said.

CNN has not been able to independently verify Baker's claims. The FBI has not returned CNN requests for comment.
FBI is not going to confirm nor deny....jmo That's not what they do.

FBI is not going to confirm nor deny....jmo That's not what they do.
Yep. And all we get to confirm the 2nd hitchhikking story is:

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking
"Everything's legitimate. Everything's corroborated. I already talked to the FBI," Jalovec said, adding that she didn't realize she had given a ride to Laundrie until after she saw Baker's TikTok video and emphasized the important role social media has played in helping to solve this case.

What kills me is in the ABC 20-20 special last night, they said that G&B lived w his parents for 2and a half years....but it was ABC who interviewed Cassie, who clearly said SHE and her husband lived w G&B at her parents home for a year. She said her parents were in NY at the time. Go figure....jmo

Split tab-one person pays while another patron in the party doesn't realize the tab has been split.
Seriously doubt this was the case at MP.
Payment is left in cash, server doesn't realize or it gets picked up by someone else.
I don't think this happened at MP. They paid with a card on the sidewalk.
Payment is left in cash but not enough (i.e. bill is $40 and patron thought they left 2-20's but they left a 20 and a 10).
They paid with a card.
Or in this case, a restaurant charges 18% gratuity. Patron leaves just enough money to cover the tab, refusing to pay the gratuity, then the bill isn't completely paid.
If the bill isn't completely paid, it's Dine and Dash. And if they didn't like the food and punished the waitress for it, that's lousy.

I don't know, and nobody knows all the details. I'm just going to say that IF it was leaving without paying, for any reason, it's Dine and Dash. And I don't understand all the twisting into a pretzel to somehow justify it. Sure, the examples you gave are possible, but IMO, not probable in this case. MOO.
Not all examples apply to this situation, I thought you were asking in general how someone not paying can be something other than a dine and dash. :)
Review in August 2021 from MP noted payment issues, and others have had problems when they refused to pay the gratuity. Like you, I think there is more to this story. All we know for sure is that this wasn't a pleasant meal resulting in happy staff and happy patrons. I'm not sure this situation had much to do with Gabby's death.

Yes am hoping that one of the posters comes back on to re-explain, I don't have the energy.

( Like you, I also thought JT's comments might be very significant, at the time he made them, because I'd spent a lot of time trying to establish how little time the couple might have spent in the same house as Chris & Roberta)
Ditto her comment to LE about her drivers licence wtte ' it's from out of Florida right now'
( may be reading too much into these things ofc, but the latter cld be signif)
A couple of other posters - Lee? - thought Fl was also poor for work options for young people & it looks like they're going to need* jobs soon

* How many followers did they have on their platforms, prior to the disappearance? Insufficient?
I did look when this first hit the news - all SM had less than 100 followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod