Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
#GabbyPetito's parents' attorney has released the following statement in the wake of the #BrianLaundrie autopsy results. He says they were asked not to comment on the case pending the possibility of new charges against 'additional individuals.'

It will be very interesting to see if any charges are brought against the Laundries (parents).

Ugh. I can't quite put my finger on why his comment that the Laundrie family's "hope" that the revelation that Brian ended his own life "bring(s) closure to both families" is so bothersome to me. I guess reading that from Gabby's family's point of view, it's so offensive and patronizing....

I feel the same way. But, then again, several public statements on behalf of BL and the Laundrie family have struck me as insensitive, ill-worded or, at the very least, ill-timed. It could just be that SB himself is not the best wordsmith, nor particularly skilled at the PR side of his job? All JMO.

I can and I hope that they do. JMO.

Well, I can't imagine criminally charging the family members of suicides. Because in hindsight most suicides were predictable. So they could have been prevented if people did different things. But that's hindsight.

I'm not really understanding why some people are so determined the L's should go to jail. Is it just because someone should and B can't so they should?
JMO

Ugh. I can't quite put my finger on why his comment that the Laundrie family's "hope" that the revelation that Brian ended his own life "bring(s) closure to both families" is so bothersome to me. I guess reading that from Gabby's family's point of view, it's so offensive and patronizing....

It is a weird statement.
Agree but just a long line of ridiculous statements.

Or "non-statements"

And thank you for doing that, as some were questioning whether it looked like a gun case. I thought it was clearly a gun case.

So, the Laundries had to have had a very strong hunch about what happened. I thought he seemed capable of self-harm/suicide all along and his only reason for driving to Florida, aside from obtaining the gun, was to say good-bye to his loved ones

That's why they hired a forensic anthropologist. The skull was pieced back together. One side had a small bullet hole and the other had shattering consistent with a point blank firing of a handgun. The gun was likely found immediately adjacent to the remains.

But the skull would tell the story upon reconstruction. There would be spidery cracks consistent with point blank at the entry site as well.
I thought that they only found a piece of his skull.

Well, I can't imagine criminally charging the family members of suicides. Because in hindsight most suicides were predictable. So they could have been prevented if people did different things. But that's hindsight.

I'm not really understanding why some people are so determined the L's should go to jail. Is it just because someone should and B can't so they should?
JMO
No one has said that they should go to jail, but there has been all through this case of people not being held accountable for their actions, starting with the disgraceful Moab incident and culminating in their refusal to tell Gabby's parents where BL last saw her, IMO hoping to put off finding her body. IMO they conspired in this with him. I will never believe that they did not know that he had murdered her. MOO.

I would think they’d only have “closure” if BL confessed and SB or the Ls decide to do the decent thing and share that information with Gabby’s family. JMO.

JMO

IMO, if BL went to the Carleton with a gun that they knew was missing, and was acting upset (which they have confirmed previously he was acting "sad" IIRC) AND (this being the key IMO) they knew something was going on with GP as her parents were trying to reach them then they should be charged. MOO

As I remember, the remains were described as "partial" and "skeletal" but it was never specified exactly what was found. I don't think it was ever reported that there was just a skull fragment or partial fragment. In my completely unscientific opinion, finding a completely intact skeleton would be "partial" remains since the flesh is gone. JMO

I am really curious re the decision to declare it suicide.

How do they know that someone didn't go looking for him, and in a struggle, the gun went off while Brian wasn't holding it?

Did we ever learn why the parents took so long to report him missing, and, IIRC they didn't even want a MPR filed at all?

Imo

I feel the same way. But, then again, several public statements on behalf of BL and the Laundrie family have struck me as insensitive, ill-worded or, at the very least, ill-timed. It could just be that SB himself is not the best wordsmith, nor particularly skilled at the PR side of his job? All JMO.

I almost think that the Laundries may be saying, well your daughter died by my son's hand and my son died by his own hand because he couldn't handle what he did. They hope it brings them peace because he's not living while she's dead. moo.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJosh

The most recent 3 tweets (as of right now) are curious:

FAMILY STATEMENT: “The Schmidt and Petito family has been aware of the circumstances surrounding the suicide of the sole suspect in Gabby’s murder. Gabby’s family will not be making a statement at this time due to the request of the United States Attorney’s Office…” (1/2)

“and the Teton County Prosecutor’s Office. The family was asked to not make any comments and let the FBI continue their investigation. The family was also asked to wait for the United States Attorney’s Office to make a determination on whether any additional individuals…” (2/3)

“will be charged. When that determination is made, we will have a statement.” (3/3) - Rick Stafford, Petito Family Attorney

Now that gives a trace of hope....

No one has said that they should go to jail, but there has been all through this case of people not being held accountable for their actions, starting with the disgraceful Moab incident and culminating in their refusal to tell Gabby's parents where BL last saw her, IMO hoping to put off finding her body. IMO they conspired in this with him. I will never believe that they did not know that he had murdered her. MOO.

Of course you can believe whatever you like but the post was about whether criminal charges that carry prison time upon conviction could be brought against the L's. So it surely appears jail/prison was being discussed, not merely some vague idea of "accountability." But if we are talking about accountability, accountability to whom? The public? The L's don't owe the public anything.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members