VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I listened to most of the trial testimony- as I have stated before, it is a little choppy as a viewer from outside. What I was trying to express is that abuse is more than flat out physical violence and I think there is evidence of abuse. IMO. The focus on physical aspects which AH invited and which most commenters seem to read as false or outright lying and fraud was not the whole story for me. I did not start watching the trial with a a "side" and I guess the proof for me will be what happens in the future, but I am really unwilling to try to predict what this specific trial means for the whole rest of the world or for the justice system. The cause of action- "defamation"- almost got lost in the sauce. The thing with "stars" is that as much they are just people, their lives are different. They are uniquely able to cover things up and they are uniquely able to attract false claims and fraudsters, so everything is magnified, IMO. If you talk to people who deal with abuse victims, I think you would find that many of them are damaged in various ways and that if you apply the usual tests of truthfulness, consistency, etc., to them, they may not measure up the way some one else would. IMO.
I agree. And if you listen to all of the audio tapes you will hear indisputable evidence that JD was also abused verbally and emotionally by AH. AH also attempted to control him via drugs (insisting he, an opioid addict, take Xanax multiple times), tried to control his freedom of movement (multiple examples of her chasing him to various rooms, residences, out of elevators etc), initiating arguments which led to him being late to work, refusing to let him leave/de-escalate. She may be claiming financial abuse now, but he discharged all of their joint debts including that horrendous wine bill, and on the tapes you can hear him trying to pay for her Ubers, but she refuses to take money from him. In fact, she claimed in the UK trial under oath that she remained financially independent throughout their relationship and marriage. So why change that story now? Because she needed the jury to believe she was a poor hapless, helpless, vulnerable, naïve, sober victim who was preyed upon by a powerful, older, richer, predatory man. She needed the jury to see JD as another Harvey Weinstein. Luckily, the jury saw through that act.

Abuse is about power and control. It's pretty clear that AH was the one trying to exert control over the relationship. Despite her claims to the contrary, she was the one who had the most power in their private lives. She was suffering from personality disorders (BPD, HPD) and her own heavy substance/alcohol abuse which exacerbated her need to control him, his behavior, his access to friends and family, his time, his attention. The amount of belittling, taunting and verbal haranguing she subjected him to is proof that she was the aggressor and instigator of much of the toxicity in the relationship. In the audio tapes you can hear him trying many times to de-escalate, talk rationally about the problems in the marriage, to explain as patiently as he could what he felt they needed to work on. He's not the one yelling and screaming abuse when things get heated, in fact it's he who tries to keep things calm and civil for the most part. If he was jealous, those fears were not unfounded. We have proof from video footage, nurses notes and friend's depos that she was bringing men into the PH (into HIS home) and being unfaithful. He was powerless to stop his wife's infidelity. You might not have noticed but she was the one isolating him. He was paying for her friends and family to live with her, vacation with her. She was surrounded by her support network. And yet, as others have testified (in terms of them being aware she was manipulative and jealous, monoploizing his time) and you can hear it on the tapes, she told him only she was genuinely looking out for him, only she was truly in his corner the rest were sycophants. She turned him against his friends and colleagues. He became more withdrawn from his support network. This is all textbook stuff in the DV manual.

Yes, he did lash out verbally sometimes in retaliation. That's true. He did return the insults. This is called reactive abuse, when a DV victim has been so beaten down and attacked that they react negatively themselves, then the abuser uses that to justify their violence "see, you called me names, you were mean, you shoved me back/off of you, you are the abuser!". It's a very common phenomenon. I don't think any abuse victims should be expected to just take the constant abuse for years and never react. DV victims are allowed to be imperfect (as AH's team claimed and ironically this applies to JD). Venting texts to other parties about AH and her cheating/lies/abuse do not constitute abuse on AH. They just don't, and it was ridiculous for the defense team to focus so heavily on this. None of those ugly texts or emails were even directed at her.

It's also rather telling that he gave her many chances to stop her public smear campaign, to try to work things out so that neither them would face public repercussions. He tried to protect her 'credibility' that she was so worried about, but she kept blowing things up in a public way. She instigated the public attacks with her TRO, then couldn't back down from it. Then when the divorce was finally settled, they released a joint public statement where they claimed neither was an abuser. Two years later she broke the divorce contract (where neither was to publicly disparage the other) in order to write the Op Ed. She couldn't let it go. She couldn't let Johnny go. You heard it herself from her own mouth on the stand. She couldn't stand that he still had supporters, that he wasn't completely ruined. Her need for control over her victim caused her to lash out once again. But, thankfully, this time, JD decided to stand up and say enough is enough. He held her accountable her words and her actions. He took her to court and he won. Truth and justice won, in my opinion.

And yet AH still can't let it go. She sends out her lawyer to keep being the attack dog on the morning shows. She publicly announces it was a travesty of justice for women and she will be appealing. Look at her complaints through various spokespeople. How dare JD continue on with his life. How dare he fulfill work obligations and not be there for the verdict. How dare he celebrate getting his life back. How dare he join TikTok and thank his fans.

Again, I need to ask, who is obsessed with and trying to control whom? Who is really the jealous one? Who is still trying to harm the other?

All of womanhood and DV victimhood are being destroyed by JD existing and winning his court case!!! Are you kidding me? The weaponizing of MeToo and domestic violence victims, heck even feminism itself against her ex-partner just makes me sick. She doesn't speak for me or for any righteous cause or movement, imo. She needs to quit with the grandiose statements, her narcissistic tendencies are showing.

JMO but I think AH is most upset by the fact that he won't look at her, he won't talk to her, he won't take her back and he won't allow her to control his life for one second more. The rage is palpable. And it scares me. It should scare you, too. We are seeing a narcissistic abuser melting down in real time and in public due to the celebrity factor. I truly hope that she does move on and try to be the best mother she can be, despite her proven character deficits. I really do. I just don't think the story ends here. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
It must really chap her hide ( as we say in Texas lol) that JD is trending on every platform- and has been since the verdict. Between all of the congratulations on winning in Court he’s receiving, his going on tour with Beck and now his first TT video getting a Million views an hour.

To top it off his mean lady lawyer is trending today for her well earned promotion.

Must be sheer torture.
JMO
YIPPEE.
This upsets AH +++:D
:D:D:D

Along with the Hollywood actor, Brooks is suing Segal, director Brad Furman, Good Film Productions and the Depp-founded production company Infinitum Nihil for intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault and battery, and negligence, among other damages.

Back in 2018, other crew members had insisted that the alleged incident between Depp and Brooks did not escalate beyond a verbal confrontation.

"They had a little moment, there weren't punches, there wasn't anything, just were in each others' face for a second," script supervisor Emma Danoff told The Daily Beast. "We shot for maybe another hour-and-a-half after that, we went inside.

"We finished and the locations guy came up to Johnny and they hugged and it was all cute and that was it."

‘City of Lies’ Script Supervisor Defends Johnny Depp in Lawsuit Over Alleged On-Set Attack

Danoff says they were shooting outside and Brooks berated an African-American homeless woman with “racial and derogatory slurs” because she was in his way. Depp was sitting next to her about 25 feet away when it happened.

“He immediately stood up from our shared seat on the edge of a planter bench and went over to Brooks to stand up for the woman,” Danoff says. “Mr. Depp said to Mr. Brooks, ‘You can’t talk to her like that. You think she is something less than you? Who do you think you are? How dare you?'”

Danoff says there were no punches thrown and no offer of $100,000 for Brooks to punch Depp — and she says she has 40 time-stamped photos that prove it.
This is the guy alleging the attack:

b41c1eb644a0f1ca1b449b4a6baeb6a8.jpg

Source: Johnny Deep Assault Case: See The Photo Of Him And The Alleged Victim Hugging And Smiling After Incident
Johnny Depp claims the guy who sued him for assault after an incident on a movie set, asked for a selfie and then hugged it out with the actor. We have a copy of the photo, and it clearly shows Depp was telling the truth.

We have obtained a copy of the actual selfie, that Johnny Depp claims Rocky Brooks asked for, after having a toast following their argument.

Apparently Camille Vasquez is also part of the legal team for this case.

I think it's fantastic that her legal firm officially promoted her to full partner. She deserves it for her stellar performance in the courtroom. She has a big illustrious career ahead of her, I reckon.

Last edited:

The trial following Greg “Rocky” Brooks decision to have sued Johnny Depp will be held at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Los Angeles. Other defendants are scheduled to appear along with Johnny Depp. So far, Johnny Depp’s expected testimony is that he not only didn’t hit Brooks – he allegedly only confronted him verbally after seeing Brooks act belligerently towards a woman on set.

The trial following Greg “Rocky” Brooks decision to have sued Johnny Depp will be held at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Los Angeles. Other defendants are scheduled to appear along with Johnny Depp. So far, Johnny Depp’s expected testimony is that he not only didn’t hit Brooks – he allegedly only confronted him verbally after seeing Brooks act belligerently towards a woman on set.
I guess he’s starting to feel right at home telling the truth on the stand, lol…!

JMO, I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks was hoping Depp would settle quietly to prevent further public scandal. The alleged incident happened in April 2017, he didn't file his complaint until July 2018. Not influenced by the Op Ed (Oct 2018) in terms of timing, but I wonder if he saw this JD Rolling Stone hit piece which was published 21 Jun 2018:
The Trouble With Johnny Depp

It's possible the man is telling the truth, despite there being multiple witnesses who claim otherwise. I guess we will have to wait and see.

So, who else is excited that Ben Chew will be interviewed on Court TV tomorrow? I'm looking forward to it. I will be expecting him to be a lot classier in his comments and to conduct himself more professionally than EB did. I got the impression from the trial that he was very passionate about proving two things: that JD's career and reputation was harmed by AH's false abuse allegations and that he was the real victim of domestic violence. I think he succeeded in the end. I wonder if they are going to appeal the counter claim? I mean, I can see it both ways. They essentially won on all of JD's accounts and two of AH's counts. The amount they are liable for is small comparatively, so why bother?

Still, I can see a legal argument for pursuing an appeal to remove that count as not proven via the trial. Many of the Lawtubers believed there was grounds to approve the motion to strike the counter claim due to several legalities (such as failure to prove the agent/principal connection). But they also knew the judge tended to rather leave the jury as the fact finders. They worried, though, that lay jurors might infer some kind of negative connotation/guilt to Waldman not answering some depositions questions due to Attny/Client privilege. This privilege is considered sacred in law circles and it was considered a low blow for AH's team to try to push Waldman to break that.

I agree. And if you listen to all of the audio tapes you will hear indisputable evidence that JD was also abused verbally and emotionally by AH. AH also attempted to control him via drugs (insisting he, an opioid addict, take Xanax multiple times), tried to control his freedom of movement (multiple examples of her chasing him to various rooms, residences, out of elevators etc), initiating arguments which led to him being late to work, refusing to let him leave/de-escalate. She may be claiming financial abuse now, but he discharged all of their joint debts including that horrendous wine bill, and on the tapes you can hear him trying to pay for her Ubers, but she refuses to take money from him. In fact, she claimed in the UK trial under oath that she remained financially independent throughout their relationship and marriage. So why change that story now? Because she needed the jury to believe she was a poor hapless, helpless, vulnerable, naïve, sober victim who was preyed upon by a powerful, older, richer, predatory man. She needed the jury to see JD as another Harvey Weinstein. Luckily, the jury saw through that act.

Abuse is about power and control. It's pretty clear that AH was the one trying to exert control over the relationship. Despite her claims to the contrary, she was the one who had the most power in their private lives. She was suffering from personality disorders (BPD, HPD) and her own heavy substance/alcohol abuse which exacerbated her need to control him, his behavior, his access to friends and family, his time, his attention. The amount of belittling, taunting and verbal haranguing she subjected him to is proof that she was the aggressor and instigator of much of the toxicity in the relationship. In the audio tapes you can hear him trying many times to de-escalate, talk rationally about the problems in the marriage, to explain as patiently as he could what he felt they needed to work on. He's not the one yelling and screaming abuse when things get heated, in fact it's he who tries to keep things calm and civil for the most part. If he was jealous, those fears were not unfounded. We have proof from video footage, nurses notes and friend's depos that she was bringing men into the PH (into HIS home) and being unfaithful. He was powerless to stop his wife's infidelity. You might not have noticed but she was the one isolating him. He was paying for her friends and family to live with her, vacation with her. She was surrounded by her support network. And yet, as others have testified (in terms of them being aware she was manipulative and jealous, monoploizing his time) and you can hear it on the tapes, she told him only she was genuinely looking out for him, only she was truly in his corner the rest were sycophants. She turned him against his friends and colleagues. He became more withdrawn from his support network. This is all textbook stuff in the DV manual.

Yes, he did lash out verbally sometimes in retaliation. That's true. He did return the insults. This is called reactive abuse, when a DV victim has been so beaten down and attacked that they react negatively themselves, then the abuser uses that to justify their violence "see, you called me names, you were mean, you shoved me back/off of you, you are the abuser!". It's a very common phenomenon. I don't think any abuse victims should be expected to just take the constant abuse for years and never react. DV victims are allowed to be imperfect (as AH's team claimed and ironically this applies to JD). Venting texts to other parties about AH and her cheating/lies/abuse do not constitute abuse on AH. They just don't, and it was ridiculous for the defense team to focus so heavily on this. None of those ugly texts or emails were even directed at her.

It's also rather telling that he gave her many chances to stop her public smear campaign, to try to work things out so that neither them would face public repercussions. He tried to protect her 'credibility' that she was so worried about, but she kept blowing things up in a public way. She instigated the public attacks with her TRO, then couldn't back down from it. Then when the divorce was finally settled, they released a joint public statement where they claimed neither was an abuser. Two years later she broke the divorce contract (where neither was to publicly disparage the other) in order to write the Op Ed. She couldn't let it go. She couldn't let Johnny go. You heard it herself from her own mouth on the stand. She couldn't stand that he still had supporters, that he wasn't completely ruined. Her need for control over her victim caused her to lash out once again. But, thankfully, this time, JD decided to stand up and say enough is enough. He held her accountable her words and her actions. He took her to court and he won. Truth and justice won, in my opinion.

And yet AH still can't let it go. She sends out her lawyer to keep being the attack dog on the morning shows. She publicly announces it was a travesty of justice for women and she will be appealing. Look at her complaints through various spokespeople. How dare JD continue on with his life. How dare he fulfill work obligations and not be there for the verdict. How dare he celebrate getting his life back. How dare he join TikTok and thank his fans.

Again, I need to ask, who is obsessed with and trying to control whom? Who is really the jealous one? Who is still trying to harm the other?

All of womanhood and DV victimhood are being destroyed by JD existing and winning his court case!!! Are you kidding me? The weaponizing of MeToo and domestic violence victims, heck even feminism itself against her ex-partner just makes me sick. She doesn't speak for me or for any righteous cause or movement, imo. She needs to quit with the grandiose statements, her narcissistic tendencies are showing.

JMO but I think AH is most upset by the fact that he won't look at her, he won't talk to her, he won't take her back and he won't allow her to control his life for one second more. The rage is palpable. And it scares me. It should scare you, too. We are seeing a narcissistic abuser melting down in real time and in public due to the celebrity factor. I truly hope that she does move on and try to be the best mother she can be, despite her proven character deficits. I really do. I just don't think the story ends here. I hope I am wrong.

Standing Ovation .. so good!

A representative for Amber Heard is speaking out regarding Johnny Depp’s attorneys holding interviews following the defamation trial.

"It is as unseemly as it is unprofessional that Johnny Depp's legal team has chosen to do a victory lap for setting back decades of how women can be treated in the courtroom. What’s next? A movie deal and merchandising?" the spokesperson shared with Fox News Digital.

Bravo! Thank you.

Johnny Depp fans cheered and sang Happy Birthday in York as the star enjoyed the last night of his UK tour with Jeff Beck.

The actor, 59, posed for selfies and signed autographs while receiving gifts from fans who had waited hours to catch a glimpse of the star outside The Barbican Theatre in York.

Depp, who celebrated his birthday on Thursday, spoke with hundreds of fans before he was whisked away by his security to a tour bus.

A representative for Amber Heard is speaking out regarding Johnny Depp’s attorneys holding interviews following the defamation trial.

"It is as unseemly as it is unprofessional that Johnny Depp's legal team has chosen to do a victory lap for setting back decades of how women can be treated in the courtroom. What’s next? A movie deal and merchandising?" the spokesperson shared with Fox News Digital.

I can't help but laugh at that beautiful green color of envy that they are showing .. they make themselves look even more pathetic than we originally thought.

Amen!! BAM!!

Victory lap?? Who's atty, the next day, was out running circles to all media that would listen to her?!!

Victory lap?? Who's atty, the next day, was out running circles to all media that would listen to her?!!

I know, it's crazy. And deeply hypocritical. It's also pretty obvious that JD's legal team is not even bothering to comment on EB's conduct in those interviews. Or AH's activities post trial. It makes it even more glaringly obvious who just can't let things go.

GMA and Today interviews are both scheduled to air on Sunday, correct?

I know, it's crazy. And deeply hypocritical. It's also pretty obvious that JD's legal team is not even bothering to comment on EB's conduct in those interviews. Or AH's activities post trial. It makes it even more glaringly obvious who just can't let things go.

GMA and Today interviews are both scheduled to air on Sunday, correct?

I thought I read on here that the interviews are tomorrow?

Anyone know the identity of AH's "spokesperson"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member