VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since AH made such a big deal about the binder of notes, I figured NBC would show the quantity of them or show close ups. All they showed were the screen shots we saw last night. But I guess she did the damage she wanted by saying there was a binder of documented abuse and let people assume the worst. IMHO
Surely the therapist would have had an escape plan in place with AH.

First Amendment expert Floyd Abrams debunks the free speech claims Amber Heard has made recently. "She ought to take a lesson or two in law," Abrams said. Floyd Abrams is a renowned attorney and expert on constitutional law, arguing 13 cases before the Supreme Court of the United States during his career.

snips:

A war of words has erupted between spokespersons for Amber Heard and Johnny Depp ahead of the Dateline NBC special scheduled to air Friday night, as Heard claims years-old notes from her therapist would have shown jurors Depp physically abused her before and during their marriage.

Heard produced the notes to NBC News during an exclusive interview she granted to the network after the verdict in the defamation trial.

[...]

Heard’s team declined to answer further questions about the therapists’ notes or the television interview.

snips:

“Still, she could have avoided becoming part of the story by allowing another NBC anchor to interview the Depp team and later with Ms. Amber Heard. Ms. Guthrie should be far away from this story to show her viewers that she is fair, transparent, and ethical.”

Erik Wemple, a media critic for the Washington Post, wrote that Guthrie has a “very significant conflict of interest” in light of her husband’s involvement with Depp’s attorneys.

The idea that Guthrie could benefit financially — albeit indirectly — from her husband’s ties to Depp disqualifies her from reporting on the topic, according to Wemple.

[...]

“The more I think about it, the more it seems a little nuts.”

Savannah Guthrie: "Not one other woman came forward and said he physically hit them"

Amber: "Look what happened to me when I came forward. Would you?"

Hmmm... Just thinking about Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein. There are other examples as well. Bill Cosby enjoyed being billed as "America's Dad" for a long time; he was perennially high on the fan popularity charts.

Lame argument, IMO.

Savannah Guthrie: "Not one other woman came forward and said he physically hit them"

Amber: "Look what happened to me when I came forward. Would you?"

Is ms H. implying that Johnny abused other women here?

And she’s allowed to ventilate this on national TV?

Shall we just collectively agree to ignore this girl from now on. Enough is enough.

Seven news Sydney had a newsflash stating AH fought to settle out of court.

Would this be it? No settlement no silence?

Amber Heard sought lavish settlement with Johnny Depp in exchange for her silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53