Found Deceased Shana Alison DiMambro Last Seen 7/19/22- 7 AM in Her Home,100 block Mitchell Street, Spring Branch

Hopefully there's enough evidence to run a good tox screen, maybe that will provide some answers, though I believe that can take several weeks. Also, @JerseyWasHome2 makes a good point - it would be hard to carry a body (140 lbs) from her RV to this location. And I doubt someone would risk the noise of an ATV or car to transport her.

In the middle of the day I don't see much risk to being heard--there must be vehicles in and out of the RV park, even the ranch property, coming and going on that street. It would have been heard, just not likely to attract any attention because of it.

IF this was foul play, why was she left out there and not buried?

If you look through the Unidentified forum, it seems that killers just leaving a body in a field or beside a road or in a ditch is pretty common. They don't care whether the body is found as long as they're gone when it happens.

If you look through the Unidentified forum, it seems that killers just leaving a body in a field or beside a road or in a ditch is pretty common. They don't care whether the body is found as long as they're gone when it happens.
SBM. Of course we don't know yet if it's foul play. I was thinking along the lines that the (hypothetical) killer maybe wasn't someone just passing through the area and that they had enough time to disappear her body. If she was harmed by a total stranger, perhaps she would be left in her trailer? According to the husband she was a homebody.

SBM. Of course we don't know yet if it's foul play. I was thinking along the lines that the (hypothetical) killer maybe wasn't someone just passing through the area and that they had enough time to disappear her body. If she was harmed by a total stranger, perhaps she would be left in her trailer? She was a homebody.

This is totally me speculating based on my experience with unidentified and missing here: it seems to me there is a tendency to not leave the body where it fell.

My scenario in this case:

She grabs a cigarette and goes outside to smoke it. (no phone, cig pack etc. with her because she's coming right back in.)
Bad guy driving past sees her, drags her into his truck
Drives her to this rather hidden place, assaults and murders her, and throws her into the pond

This would make me think it's somebody who lives in the RV park, or who visits someone who lives there.

Scenario 2: same as above, but she walks along the street for a few minutes just because she's bored, and that's where she's accosted.

And yet again, we see another report saying the remains were found by Herr and the property owner, lying face up. Why can we get no definitive answer on this question?? Usually, the "face-up" comment is attributed to the other searcher, Donald Seeger, and Herr has maintained that she was lying face down, in an almost crawling position. Of all the questions about this case, this should be one of the easiest to answer. JMO

Around 7:30 p.m. Friday, property owner John Holler and Eric Herr, a Search and Support-San Antonio volunteer, found her remains, lying face up in a dried-up retention pond on the ranch site in the 200 block of Mitchell Drive.

And from an earlier story...

Herr said the body was faced down, decomposed and appeared naked. However, he knew it was DiMambro based off two tattoos located on her neck and back.

It would make more sense that her body was found face-up otherwise they wouldn't have been able to see the sunflower tattoo on her back (they obviously wouldn't have touched the body/rolled it over from front to back)

Almost from the time Shana disappeared, I have had one thought in mind, and that was that she was a victim of murder, likely at the hands of a usual suspect. The thought that she was murdered was only strengthened when her remains were found in the retention pond, and she was described as naked. I am now beginning to consider two other possibilities that I had pretty much dismissed until now.

1) I am now considering that she may have met harm at the hands of someone unknown, or barely known to her. This article does hold some weight for me...

Smith said CCSO had no record of receiving “disturbance calls or any other calls” originating from their residence.

Comal County Sheriff's Office continues probe into death of missing woman

2) I also am now thinking that perhaps it was self-harm. This earlier story includes a line I had paid little attention to previously. We know her husband had said she was a recovering addict and had been in a dark place the night before her disappearance. I am wondering if she was perhaps seeking divine help or forgiveness for something the morning she disappeared, and just felt overwhelmed and decided to end it all. I still cannot figure out where the clothes are in this scenario, however.

He also found her wallet along with her bible and notes out on the kitchen table.

I do hope that LE will be able to determine her cause and manner of death, so that her loved ones can begin to find answers to her tragic death, and begin to have some closure. ALL JMO

Last edited:
Almost from the time Shana disappeared, I have had one thought in mind, and that was that she was a victim of murder, likely at the hands of a usual suspect. The thought that she was murdered was only strengthened when her remains were found in the retention pond, and she was described as naked. I am now beginning to consider two other possibilities that I had pretty much dismissed until now.

1) I am now considering that she may have met harm at the hands of someone unknown, or barely known to her. This article does hold some weight for me...

Smith said CCSO had no record of receiving “disturbance calls or any other calls” originating from their residence.

Comal County Sheriff's Office continues probe into death of missing woman

2) I also am now thinking that perhaps it was self-harm. This earlier story includes a line I had paid little attention to previously. We know her husband had said she was a recovering addict and had been in a dark place the night before her disappearance. I am wondering if she was perhaps seeking divine help or forgiveness for something the morning she disappeared, and just felt overwhelmed and decided to end it all. I still cannot figure out where the clothes are in this scenario, however.

He also found her wallet along with her bible and notes out on the kitchen table.

I do hope that LE will be able to determine her cause and manner of death, so that her loved ones can begin to find answers to her tragic death, and begin to have some closure. ALL JMO
Agreed to all you wrote above. It would be interesting what the notes said. Had she been focusing on any particular quotes in the Bible that may be relevant to dying?

Since she was apparently found in the very middle of that very large roundish basin, it makes me think of rituals, casting circles, sacred circles, etc. Her being naked adds to that feeling, for me.

Agreed to all you wrote above. It would be interesting what the notes said. Had she been focusing on any particular quotes in the Bible that may be relevant to dying?

Since she was apparently found in the very middle of that very large roundish basin, it makes me think of rituals, casting circles, sacred circles, etc. Her being naked adds to that feeling, for me.
Maybe self baptism? Kneeling to pray?

Crawling position, face down.
That perhaps could be having a person behind you, on your back, while your on your hands and knees, choking you with there hands or a choking device around her neck. Then dropped her. That would make sense of that position struggling while being choked. Not finding her cloths could be perp took them as a trophy or many other reasons. Just thinking

MEMORIAL SERVICE
Seeger Water will be hosting a public memorial service for Shana DiMambro. Shana disappeared from her home in Spring Branch, Texas on July 19, 2022. Her remains were found on July 29, 2022. Seeger Water coordinated and led public searches from July 21 to July 29, bringing together hundreds of community members. This memorial will remember the life of Shana DiMambro and recognize the hundreds of volunteers who worked tirelessly to find Shana.

7100 US Highway 281 North, Spring Branch, TX 78070

And yet again, we see another report saying the remains were found by Herr and the property owner, lying face up. Why can we get no definitive answer on this question?? Usually, the "face-up" comment is attributed to the other searcher, Donald Seeger, and Herr has maintained that she was lying face down, in an almost crawling position. Of all the questions about this case, this should be one of the easiest to answer. JMO

Around 7:30 p.m. Friday, property owner John Holler and Eric Herr, a Search and Support-San Antonio volunteer, found her remains, lying face up in a dried-up retention pond on the ranch site in the 200 block of Mitchell Drive.

And from an earlier story...

Herr said the body was faced down, decomposed and appeared naked. However, he knew it was DiMambro based off two tattoos located on her neck and back.

I agree. Maybe the media outlet quoted another media outlet? Either way Herr would have waited for LE to arrive as he knows he has to keep the integrity of the site. So if LE is qouted as saying she was found face down then I tend to believe that quote. The tattoos were on her back and neck as has been reported by various media and LE. So then I think she was found most probably face down (the poor lady.)

If she was a devout person I don't think she would be naked. In Christianity modesty is a virtue. So I can't see her removing her clothes outside in possible view of others who may pass by.

Crawling position, face down.
That perhaps could be having a person behind you, on your back, while your on your hands and knees, choking you with there hands or a choking device around her neck. Then dropped her.

Sbm
Wasn't she 20ft down? I wonder how steep it was to the bottom? If there's a perp would there be marks from them climbing out?

Imo. I could be very wrong

Was it that deep? If it was that deep then how did she get in there? Maybe she was thrown, sadly.
According to this article around 25ft deep... but it's also the person who said she was found face up so who really knows?

According to this article around 25ft deep... but it's also the person who said she was found face up so who really knows?
I can imagine her being thrown in there barely alive but trying get out as in crawling. No wonder it took that long to find her without the availability of cadaver dogs.

Was it that deep? If it was that deep then how did she get in there? Maybe she was thrown, sadly.
Here's an image of the basin from Bing Images. The image of it on Google has water in it, but the Bing image shows it as dry, so you can see how the sides slope and it looks like it'd be very easy to walk in and out of it right now.

Attachments

• basin.png
    basin.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Sbm
Wasn't she 20ft down? I wonder how steep it was to the bottom? If there's a perp would there be marks from them climbing out?

Imo. I could be very wrong
Google earth can give you the details on how steep it is and deep. It gives measurements of topography. I havent used it in a long time. But thats only if its dry on google earth. If filled with water it may not help.
Yes i would think there could be tracks. Authorities will keep that to themselves. Im surprised they told her body position. That much detail about it.

If she was a devout person I don't think she would be naked. In Christianity modesty is a virtue. So I can't see her removing her clothes outside in possible view of others who may pass by.
How many of us would want to be found naked at death? I do not know of anyone. The set up at her house of bible and written notes I dont put alot of stock into. The storyline of what was told untill tox and cause of death come back im questioning right now. If there able to find cause due to shape of body.

How many of us would want to be found naked at death? I do not know of anyone. The set up at her house of bible and written notes I dont put alot of stock into. The storyline of what was told untill tox and cause of death come back im questioning right now. If there able to find cause due to shape of body.
I know there are some drugs (mollies?) that cause the person to become very hot and they strip down to cool off.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back