Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

Caught up on the thread and I'm greatly concerned for Michelle. I am most worried about possible suicide or self-harm risk, her possibly entering a dissociative state (sorry, not sure if that's the right terminology), or possibly substance abuse (not saying she DID abuse substances but worried that she may in a struggling mental state). I hope she is found safely soon.

SMB
I wonder what assistance they are able to provide. Maybe there were known issues amongst the school community?
Schools are communities. When students and their families are having difficulties, schools usually provide services like counseling, making special arrangements for attendance, transportation, classwork, tutoring, etc. They woud meet with the Dad and decide together how they can best help the family.

She had a lot of time to think on that drive. So she either met up with someone planned (otherwise she’d need the stuff in her car), or this is a case taking one’s life. I’m sure there are other possibilities but most likely scenario is she’ll be found in River. This is heartbreaking for her kids/family.
That is a very long way to travel to commit suicide. I am hoping she just got on a cruise line for a week. Carnival and Norwegian are right near where she parked. She can get on with a passport and a single credit card.

That is a very long way to travel to commit suicide. I am hoping she just got on a cruise line for a week. Carnival and Norwegian are right near where she parked. She can get on with a passport and a single credit card.
Shouldn't it be fairly easy for LE to find out if she's on a cruise? I hope they are checking that or have done so. Hopefully they are tracking any bank withdrawals or purchases.

Weird that she left her purse & phone in the car though. I am still hopeful she will be found alive. But something drew her to New Orleans. Lots of potential hazards in the Big Easy for someone having a "crisis".

And the clock is ticking. Please contact your family, Michelle!

I would think they would have parking so she wouldn't have had to park at a meter with fear her car would be towed by the time she got back but I love the alternative theory.

Shouldn't it be fairly easy for LE to find out if she's on a cruise? I hope they are checking that or have done so. Hopefully they are tracking any bank withdrawals or purchases.

Weird that she left her purse & phone in the car though. I am still hopeful she will be found alive. But something drew her to New Orleans. Lots of potential hazards in the Big Easy for someone having a "crisis".

And the clock is ticking. Please contact your family, Michelle!
Yeah, I feel like that should be easy for LE to see card activity and withdrawals to see if she was on a cruise. The only possibility I see is if she withdrew small amounts of cash over time to pay for the cruise, but I don't think you can do that? I have no cruising experience, mind you. But it doesn't sound right to me.

I would love for Michelle to be happily on a cruise reading a book and sunbathing, but I worry about far worse possibilities.

Interestingly inferred is that they have no information, "to provide," which is not to say that there isn't any.
Seems so much is hidden from view with this case.
Speculation : She walked away from her life for unknown (to us) reasons ?
Was there another person she was communicating with and left to be with them ?
Darker speculation : Self harm ? (Hope not !)
M00.

M00.
I hesitate to say this, but initially I thought of a possible affair. I changed my mind pretty quickly and I don't believe that's the case any longer, but it was my first thought.

M00.

Finding an abandoned vehicle, leaving all possessions behind usually indicates either intentional, and most often suicide, or unintentional, being abducted by someone.

Caught up on the thread and I'm greatly concerned for Michelle. I am most worried about possible suicide or self-harm risk, her possibly entering a dissociative state (sorry, not sure if that's the right terminology), or possibly substance abuse (not saying she DID abuse substances but worried that she may in a struggling mental state). I hope she is found safely soon.
I had this thought as well, specifically in regards to dissociative fugue, a very rare, unpredictable condition (often triggered by trauma or acute stress) which involves memory loss and, as part of the symptoms, wandering or traveling a long distance from the familiar. The fugue state can last hours, days, or even years before they regain their memory.

SEP 27, 2022
[...]

On Tuesday, EquuSearch flew a helicopter over the Mississippi River as part of its initial search efforts.

Reynolds' husband tracked her vehicle to New Orleans and eventually search crews found some video of her.

[...]

Miller said a team will go to New Orleans to search the area.

"My concern, it's pretty close to the Mississippi River," Miller said. "I got a helicopter up today. I just got the video back from about 20 miles along the river to see if she is in there. They didn’t come up with anything."

[...]

Miller said he was going to New Orleans on Tuesday night. He said on Wednesday, he will meet with New Orleans police and the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office to discuss a plan. He plans on having a helicopter up again on Wednesday along with a boat in the river to search.

[...]

Parking in broad daylight at noon in a very lively, public place near the riverfront is not indicative of someone who is about to take their own life in or near said riverfront. There would almost certainly be witnesses at that time. I suppose she could've wandered around until nightfall to do it, but she would've likely taken some belongings with her. Especially if numbing herself/drinking.

I'm about 75/25 for voluntary disappearance (due to psychotic break/fugue state/affair) versus suicide at this point.

I had this thought as well, specifically in regards to dissociative fugue, a very rare, unpredictable condition (often triggered by trauma or acute stress) which involves memory loss and, as part of the symptoms, wandering or traveling a long distance from the familiar. The fugue state can last hours, days, or even years before they regain their memory.

A dissociative fugue happening to me is one of my worst fears. I wondered if it could be what's happened with Michelle, especially since her husband said she stopped taking some mental health medication shortly before she disappeared. I am not a doctor, but I wonder if her stopping the medication she was on could have triggered a fugue-type condition.

Because of the circumstances, my mind went to possible suicide, but then I remembered a case from last month with similar details. A woman from Moundville, AL went missing. She had a mental health condition, and had been off of her medication for one month. The day after her family reported her missing, a phone ping led the police to find her car in Mobile, AL, 5 hours from her home. The car was parked on a street near the Port of Mobile, the keys were in the ignition, and her personal items were in the car -- phone, wallet and money. There was water nearby and it looked like a possible suicide, but she was found safe several days later in Birmingham, AL. It wasn't clear how she had traveled 257 miles from Mobile to Birmingham without money or bank cards. She was returned home and hospitalized for the treatment she needed.

I'm hoping there will be a similar outcome for Michelle.

This is the WS thread for the similar case:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back