Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Those impact statements really put things in perspective. Even for those of us who have followed the story podcast by podcast. I don't know how that Dawson clan can walk down the street, let alone sleep at night.
Hi cliff Hardy
Both Chris and Paul have been put on a pedestal and treated like gods for for their Sporting prowess and they really believe they haven't done anything wrong they're me attitude at all costs, and they don't care about anyone else's feelings,they really believe they can get away with anything ,like an old ABC drama series Blue Murder about cops in New South Wales given the greenlight to Crooks to commit crimes the Dawson's believe they can do anything , the Dawson's having so many friends in the police force ,put them in a different world then mere mortals , no shame and no accountability. The Dawson clan lies were a game to protect Chris at all cost,

Former Sydney school teacher Chris Dawson is being sentenced tomorrow for the murder of his first wife, Lynette.

Sky News spoke with Lynette’s brother Greg Simms and his wife, Merilyn – who hopes her story helps other women leave violent relationships and create awareness about coercive control.

Mr Dawson was found guilty of murdering his wife, Lynette, in January 1982.

“I don’t give Chris any thought either about where he is; I feel that our aim for the whole thing was to have Lyn’s name cleared,” Lynette’s sister-in-law said.

A NSW Supreme Court judge will consider Chris Dawson’s lack of remorse for the murder of his wife Lynette Dawson, his “deteriorating” health and years of relentless media coverage as he sets a jail term for the 74-year-old on Friday.

You beat me to the article. Just to note the decision is made at noon Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

Toronto time that is 8pm if interpretation of time is correct. Not sure where in Canada you are @musicaljoke but hope that helps.

A NSW Supreme Court judge will consider Chris Dawson’s lack of remorse for the murder of his wife Lynette Dawson, his “deteriorating” health and years of relentless media coverage as he sets a jail term for the 74-year-old on Friday.

The judge has anticipated similar scenes on Friday to the day of Dawson’s conviction, when an overflow courtroom was opened for onlookers. He will deliver the sentence from noon to avoid swamping security and crowding corridors during the morning peak in the Queens Square complex on Philip Street.

You beat me to the article. Just to note the decision is made at noon Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

Toronto time that is 8pm if interpretation of time is correct. Not sure where in Canada you are @musicaljoke but hope that helps.

The judge has anticipated similar scenes on Friday to the day of Dawson’s conviction, when an overflow courtroom was opened for onlookers. He will deliver the sentence from noon to avoid swamping security and crowding corridors during the morning peak in the Queens Square complex on Philip Street.
That's helpful indeed. I'm on Toronto time.

Thanks Morrisa: I will be eagerly awaiting the sentencing outcome tomorrow.

There are only a few hours left during which we can make predictions regarding the sentencing. Do we have any similar trials and sentencing by Justice Ian Harrison that might give us some hints? Robbing Lyn of her life and dignity in death, plus denying her children of even the knowledge of their loving mother are evil crimes. I hope he is never released from prison.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back