Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

So can any of you predict on what basis CD could appeal his conviction?

CD could be taking a considerable risk in appealing his conviction. Justice Ian Harrison did not accept the evidence of several witnesses who spoke of a pattern of physical and non-physical violence toward Lynette. Another judge might give that evidence more significance.

Hair colour was dark on Friday night

I'm confused Witness 28. Can you give us a timeline of your meeting with Lyn on the Friday night? I am just thinking she must have been at home when she spoke to her Mum on the phone . I am not sure what time that call took place but I assume it was to their landline at home. I doubt that her Mum would mistake someone else on the phone for Lyn. ??????
As stated earlier 8:30 9 pm , Lynette did not drink she was sober that night when I met and talked to her.. she had dark hair that night a nurse's uniform orange and pink cardigan .
Go back and read what I stated earlier then it falls into place
Why have lead detective saying the case is still not finished according to Channel Nine other people are involved, I did not know the Dawson's they came after me why.

I'm confused Witness 28. Can you give us a timeline of your meeting with Lyn on the Friday night? I am just thinking she must have been at home when she spoke to her Mum on the phone . I am not sure what time that call took place but I assume it was to their landline at home. I doubt that her Mum would mistake someone else on the phone for Lyn. ??????
Both Brothers,Chris and paulcame to train to my training at the Newtown Football Club in 1983 and asked for me by name... I did not know them

Lynette Dawson didn't drink she wasn't a social drink so if she didn't drink and posted the social drinker why she gonna start drinking.
Helena Sims and her brother Greg who was the policeman said it was strange that Lynette was drunk or slurred .
Let's look at the facts Lynette's mother and her own brother who was a policeman, said it was strange that Lynette was drunk, why because she didn't drink she wasn't a social drinker let's look what strange means it's meaning
adjective
  1. 1
    unusual or surprising; difficult to understand or explain.
  2. Now I probably could find multiple other words to explain strange
  3. But he's a good one that night I met her outside the Newtown Leagues Club, I'm not going to say why she was there, Lynette told me why she was there ,I told the police I'll tell her brother and Pat if they want to know.
  4. It was my birthday 8th of January 1982 I remember the way the driver treated her, driver Hitman
  5. Here's something, Hitman if he's going to kill someone he's not going to kill him or her in their own home, if the husband wants the woman get rid of The Hitman is not going to kill the person in her own home blood, body evidence everywhere ,the objective she's away from the home she's missing she's gone she's not coming back
  6. I do believe I know who the driver was ,I will not say it's not appropriate

W28 tells us LD was at the rugby club on that Friday night, when her mother believed she was speaking to her on the phone, at home, with CD. I wonder what LD was doing at the club without her husband, 5 years after he finished playing for them?
Hi hoodunnit:
Interested to hear about this please
You asked about the vehicle in front of Paul Dawson's Volkswagen van on the 2019
Paul Cooper was the driver

Hi hoodunnit:
Interested to hear about this please
You asked about the vehicle in front of Paul Dawson's Volkswagen van on the 2019
Paul Cooper was the driver
He was driving a sandy colour 4 doorTroopy
He had longer hair scruffy hair than, not the Shorthair that he turned up in court

1. But here's a good one - that night I met her outside the Newtown Leagues Club, I'm not going to say why she was there, Lynette told me why she was there ,I told the police I'll tell her brother and Pat if they want to know.
Not sure if I am allowed to actually ask this, but here goes anyway!
You said Lyn told you why she was there....and that you'll tell her brother and Pat if they want to know...., but 1) do the police know the reason? 2) Is there a reason you can't divulge here?

Not sure if I am allowed to actually ask this, but here goes anyway!
You said Lyn told you why she was there....and that you'll tell her brother and Pat if they want to know...., but 1) do the police know the reason? 2) Is there a reason you can't divulge here?
Yes..... head of homicide

l continue to be mesmerised by Dawson's lawyer Walsh saying Chris' killing of Lyn "involved planning but was not sophisticated."

On the one hand it is an admission of guilt - which is refreshing after 40 years of lies - but what else is he telling us here?

l continue to be mesmerised by Dawson's lawyer Walsh saying Chris' killing of Lyn "involved planning but was not sophisticated."

On the one hand it is an admission of guilt - which is refreshing after 40 years of lies - but what else is he telling us here?
Not sophisticated oh... I get it... she just vanished into the air, or he had help?

We know from JC's evidence Chris was sometimes making a drink for Lyn at night to get her off to bed early and out out of the way, so he could have sex with JC.

When Helena rang on the last night of Lyn's life, l am wondering whether Chris had to bring her to the kitchen to take the call, and if so, whether Lyn made it back to the bedroom alive? Or whether, like many houses of the time, there was a phone line in the bedroom and Lyn picked the call up from there?

Whether there was a line in the bedroom or not is something JC would know.

Last edited:
I am stunned to read that from Dawson's own lawyer. If that isn't an admission of guilt, I have never seen one!

Forget about your appeal Dawson. Your lawyer just put you in.
Why would Mr. Walsh say that?

Is he doing this on purpose? Does anyone know how Chris D is funding his appeal?

There's no way of knowing what level of sophistication or indeed cruelty was involved because according to the lawyer Chris still denies having done it.

I think what the lawyer said is only an admission for the purpose of advancing some kind of argument in mitigation of the crime--because at this point, Chris having been found guilty, "but he didn't do it" just isn't something the judge can entertain.

Hedley explained in the podcast episode that for a sentencing hearing the defence lawyer has to argue for a sentence based on what the guilty person has been charged with and the type of crime it is. It does not mean they are admitting guilt at that point in time.

Greg Walsh has said that his client has always said that Chris Dawson maintains his innocence and I suspect that his still the way it is.

Hedley explained in the podcast episode that for a sentencing hearing the defence lawyer has to argue for a sentence based on what the guilty person has been charged with and the type of crime it is. It does not mean they are admitting guilt at that point in time.

Greg Walsh has said that his client has always said that Chris Dawson maintains his innocence and I suspect that his still the way it is.
Haven't heard the latest podcast - in fact might be two behind now I have been away - thanks for that.

Spot on as always DRT!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back