CANADA Canada - Shelley Loder, 44, Mono, 7 Dec 2010

Wondering what other connections we can think of to link these three women? Sonia was a nurse and Shelly’s husband was studying nursing. Any other connections? Shelly and Audrey lived in remote areas. Did all three somehow get in touch with killer/attacker online? Common likes perhaps. Music, education, something?

For refreshing:

http://www.orangeville.com/news-story/1486426-man-seen-near-mono-attack/

Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man seen walking in the area near Shelley Loder’s home when she was attacked on Dec. 7.

The man is described as male, white, 27-32 years of age, average build and approximately 5’10”. He had a round, clean-shaven face, fair complexion with reddish/orange hair that was short with a slight wave. He was wearing a dark, two-toned ski jacket and looked to be neat in appearance.

“Hopefully somebody out there might see the composite and say, ‘Oh that is so and so. I recognize him by the description of the jacket’.”

View attachment 76354

Is it just me, or does this suspect from a Sept 2011 attack look a LOT like the composite in Shelley's case? ONTARIO COLD CASE: Gas bar owner found fighting for his life after robbery

The violent behaviour, geo location, timing, and image similarity all set off my hinky meter for repeat offending. IS this the same guy? Has LE been on this??

Maybe someone with better skills than I have could post the composites side-by-side -? Maybe mods, pretty please? ;)

Is it just me, or does this suspect from a Sept 2011 attack look a LOT like the composite in Shelley's case? ONTARIO COLD CASE: Gas bar owner found fighting for his life after robbery

The violent behaviour, geo location, timing, and image similarity all set off my hinky meter for repeat offending. IS this the same guy? Has LE been on this??

Maybe someone with better skills than I have could post the composites side-by-side -? Maybe mods, pretty please? ;)
suspectgasbar_Super_Portrait.jpg

''The suspect, described at the time as a while male, 25 to 30 years old and six feet tall, with a medium build at dark short hair, remains at large.''
The getaway vehicle was described as an older-model, four-door sedan, similar to a Ford Tempo or Mercury Topaz.''

LoderSketch1_Super_Portrait.jpg

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Is an arrest close in brutal attack of Shelley Loder? | Crime | toronto.com
''There are some web sleuths who believe the same person responsible for attacking Loder could be connected to the murder of Varaschin about three months earlier.
While police don’t believe the two are related, Depratto noted investigators haven’t ruled it out. Since there are some similarities and differences to both crimes, he said police are wanting to “keep an open mind” to the possibility.''

''THE COMPOSITE SKETCH

In February of 2010, police released a sketch of a man, who was reportedly seen near the area of the assault. Depratto labelled the face in the composite sketch as a person of interest rather than a suspect.''

''The suspect, described at the time as a while male, 25 to 30 years old and six feet tall, with a medium build at dark short hair, remains at large.''
The getaway vehicle was described as an older-model, four-door sedan, similar to a Ford Tempo or Mercury Topaz.''

LoderSketch1_Super_Portrait.jpg

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Is an arrest close in brutal attack of Shelley Loder? | Crime | toronto.com
''There are some web sleuths who believe the same person responsible for attacking Loder could be connected to the murder of Varaschin about three months earlier.
While police don’t believe the two are related, Depratto noted investigators haven’t ruled it out. Since there are some similarities and differences to both crimes, he said police are wanting to “keep an open mind” to the possibility.''

''THE COMPOSITE SKETCH

In February of 2010, police released a sketch of a man, who was reportedly seen near the area of the assault. Depratto labelled the face in the composite sketch as a person of interest rather than a suspect.''
Verrry interesting!

Wondering what other connections we can think of to link these three women? Sonia was a nurse and Shelly’s husband was studying nursing. Any other connections? Shelly and Audrey lived in remote areas. Did all three somehow get in touch with killer/attacker online? Common likes perhaps. Music, education, something?
Shelley and Sonia had in common: their stature and look and age, afaik. I guess, they had also in common much contact with people through their profession.
Shelley: children of her own
Sonia: much contact with children through her volunteering work at a camp (memory vague)

Last edited:
I was just refreshing my memory of the gas bar attendant. Stabbing, grisly scene, etc. Do we know the nature of Shelley’s attack? Had she been stabbed as well? Thanks in advance.

It doesn’t say the manner of attack here

To refresh our memories

i know it’s holdback, but someone must have seen something in order to provide the image here. Wasn’t this guy seen walking down Shelley’s road on the day of the attack?

Last edited:
To refresh our memories

i know it’s holdback, but someone must have seen something in order to provide the image here. Wasn’t this guy seen walking down Shelley’s road on the day of the attack?
... and his hair was described as "orange". I will know it in 10 years.

I was just refreshing my memory of the gas bar attendant. Stabbing, grisly scene, etc. Do we know the nature of Shelley’s attack? Had she been stabbed as well? Thanks in advance.

It doesn’t say the manner of attack here

I think, more beating than stabbing, but Idk for sure.

I remember the orange hair. And I think you're right about Shelley having been beaten.
2010 rbbm.

''On Christmas morning Glen Loder will drive to a hospital to be with his wife and hope for the best.

“Oh my God, yes. In the morning. First thing in the morning,” he says with a soft smile, sitting on a stool in the kitchen of his quaint family home in Mono. “And if she’s alert, it’ll be great to bring the kids down to see her.”

Just steps away, across a snowy driveway, is the photo studio where someone savagely beat Shelley Loder and left her to die two weeks ago.

Glen found her, just after 4 p.m., lying in the studio lined with black and white portraits of newlyweds and young families. He had just returned home from Georgian College, where he is studying to become a nurse, after a career in sales.

Shelley was airlifted to Sunnybrook hospital, where she was put in an induced coma for five days because of swelling around her brain.''

''Police won’t say if they have a suspect in the Shelley’s beating, or whether or not they believe the attack was random.''

Is this the only thread on Shelley Loder? As the first page of this thread doesn’t realize introduce the case as it goes right into her hospitalization condition?

Hi Snoop Sister --
I think a lot of the original discussion on Shelley's case at the time of her attack happened on Sonia Varaschin's thread, since Sonia's (still unsolved) murder in O-ville was very fresh at that time. Many of us believe Sonia's and Shelley's cases are linked: both women were brutally attacked in their homes, and were geographically close, and similar in age and height..... I think when Shelley was given her own thread (thanks to whomever did that) that framework discussion didn't carry over/was missed. I think if you go back to Sonia's page December 2020 you'll see some of the details for Shelley there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back