ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get over him driving all over town so much before and after and then using the car in the crime. That’s like criminal 101. Never use your own car. It’s 2023 there are cameras everywhere.

Which again makes me go back to him being psychopath. He thinks he’s soooo smart but he’s actually sooooooo dumb lol

Just wanted to add to my earlier posts ....
IF I was DM and saw a person with a mask on walking by at night, my first thought might be that it was a stupid prank by one of the people who'd been there to party previously.
I'd maybe think, "Seriously, dude ? What the bleep ?"

That those horrible things happen in movies, but not in real life !

My first thought would not be --"That's a killer who just brutally murdered my roommates."
Iykwim ?

More may come out at trial, but I for one am so thankful the two young women survived, and hoping they can move forward.
There will be emotional scars forever, I'd imagine.
I am so sorry for them both !
Please know I am not blaming them in the slightest.
They have a tough road ahead of them.
Moving on....
Imo.

The more I know, the more similarities I see between these killings and the Chi Omega murders. Its not uncommon for these kinds of killers to hold a famous serial killer in esteem, to study them, to emulate them. Or they may fantasize about characters in film or TV (as Mark Twitchell did (Dexter)). For them, they slip on their preferred murderer's skin as an academic exercise (I wanted to see how it felt at the moment life leaves the victim), a personal test of skill, or an opportunity to follow a known killer's behavior and surpass it.
Bundy stalked the Chi Omega students. He entered the dorm at night in a disguise. He left a living witness who identified him by recognizing his profile. He killed multiple victims in a frenzy of violence. The next day he was off to kill Kimberly Leach.
The fast work...and I do mean fast work identifying this man should be lauded all around. The cops got it right.

I wonder why they specifically mention "Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand" in the PCA.
I think they are trying to saying they have direct proof that these cell pings are from a cell phone he uses. They say they have video of him at the grocery store too, just to indicate that there's a direct connection between the phone pings and him, and it was not a phone that was sold or that he let someone else borrow.

You don't think he ever bought drugs illegally? I do. That's a (low level) crime. And it involves certain traits (secretiveness, looking over one's shoulder, worrying that the seller is LE, etc.)

Being sneaky, IOW.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has also committed petty theft or that he has gone inside stranger's houses, just not gotten caught.

When I had written previous crimes, I meant things such as assault/murder. My fault for not clarifying. I believe that poster was responding to my post.

But now that you mention it, I can definitely imagine him committing low level crimes, though I can’t figure out yet if he was the looking over my shoulder type.

I wonder how wide she opened the door?, three times! My goodness , was she lucky!!
bbm
Yes !

I'm thinking BK was so caught up in the 'thrill' of the moment (sorry , so nauseating !), that he was in a fog.
IF this was his first kill, it was adrenaline-pumping and he knew he had to get out of there asap !
That's how I envision it.
M00.

Now that we know that LE had him in their sights well before he traveled home to PA, I do believe that they were tracking him on his road trip. I can't believe they would just allow him to leave the area.. I am not sure I believe that they wanted stops in IN to see his hands... it seems there would probably be more opportunities prior to then that they could have seen his hands?

Could be that the release of the "911 call" was to intentionally throw off BK. If he saw DM see him, he maybe thought she could recognise it. So they changed the time and circumstance of the 911 call to throw BK off. Does that make any sense?
My guess is that on the 911 call she indicated she saw him and described what she saw. It would have given a lot away and put her at risk.

Autopsy report. This is usually confidential/restricted.

Thanks. Idk if you’ll know this, but why would they want to include an autopsy in the PCA? Do they include it if it links to other evidence? For example, if it tied to BK’s DNA, social media posts or comments or is it standard practice to include this type of info in a PCA?

I haven't seen this addressed but the thread is moving very fast...
Another thing LE seems to have been keeping close to their vest is the alleged time of the murders. According to the affidavit 4:00 - 4:25. But before that came out, I was of the impression they were suggesting 2:00-4:00. Another way to lull the alleged perp into false sense of security? JMO and speculation.
I think the timeline LE had been giving for a while was 3:00 to 4:00. But in reality it was right around 4:15-4:20.

I can understand that POV, but how did he find them? Did he often drive around UofI looking at girls and finding out where they live? That's the kind of stuff that I hope comes out about this.
I want to know this too. Why did he target them and did he know them personally? Why them? Did he feel rejected by them for some reason? There have been rumors. I hope this info comes out as to why he targeted them. The victims were very pretty girls and the young man - very handsome. But I’m old now and pretty much view every youthful person as attractive. There shear natural beauty of youth. I don’t want to get too far into his mind, but I want to know why he targeted these poor girls and young man.

But nothing to tell us "why."

There's only one person who knows why, and he isn't talking, is my wager.

I am so grateful he left that sheath. They don't talk about his DNA being found on their bodies, so without that sheath, what forensic evidence would they have?

Exactly. It was my biggest fear that no such object had been found and my most fervent prayer that the sheath was there (as rumored). What a glorious mistake for him to make, better than dropping a glove or leaving a hat behind. It shows that he brought the knife with him AND that he unsnapped the sheath.

His compulsive over-planning took over, his ordinary common sense likely never firmly kicked in (ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes