ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's interesting to me is that if his vehicle/phone was near that residence at least 12 times since August, because he was casing the place/stalking, then he also was likely somewhat aware of the comings and goings of the frat house E belonged to as it was literally right across the street. JMO.
As well as E's red Jeep parked right in front of the 1122 house...

They'll get warrants for everything, all his socials, phone data etc. They'll get warrants for his computer and/or laptops too.
I'm sure they did. But a warrant wont do them any good if BK got rid of the phone before he was arrested. JMO.

I can't believe he would be so brazen as to drive by the home 3x-4x. One has to know they are likely being recorded by cameras/ring doorbells etc.
Poor impulse control? He couldn't control himself...just like stabbing not one but four people to death. After the first cut with the knife he kept going. Nothing clicked on his brain to tell him to stop, in fact he kept going for about 15 minutes.

Found the edit button. What I was wondering- with all the video they have of the car driving by 1122 and his awful parking on the 13th, I’m curious if it’s possible any of the cameras could have caught BK at all? So if we assume he entered and exited(?) thru the second floor slider, what path did he take? Thru the woods in back? Down the side towards front drive? Very curious. I know they spent time at that cement rock in front, but even less time up in back.

Oh I didn't read that his phone disappeared. Where did you hear or read that?

My response though was basically just curiosity and acknowledging that it's possible. I have no idea whether he actually did that.
I read the affidavit as saying there is no record after November14, so I am thinking that he jettisoned the phone along with the knife, clothing,etc. after he left the hardware store.

If BK had driven near the residence at least 12 times since August, seemingly never planning to commit the murders any of those times since he had his phone then and not the night of the murders, it makes me very curious why he decided to do it THAT night. He didn't leave his house until after everyone was home, so he couldn't have really known who had come and gone, or who was staying the night.

The first thing that comes to mind knowing Kaylee is in town and her last night because she is moving.
That event stands out to me.
Why not wait til next weekend then?

I feel it is very possible that DM was on something the night this happened. I don’t mean that to vilify her at all - I say this because I was in college once and experimented on occasion as many students do. Lucky for me it was not a common occurrence, but I do know on those rare occasions that I did, I would have been pretty terrified to speak with police. Possibly she thought her fear was exaggerated by whatever she had taken that night (Molly or shrooms are very popular in the party scene and could provoke paranoia in certain people, or a sense of euphoria which would confuse the mind on what is really happening.) Of course this is just a guess. I do feel it would easily explain why she was hesitant to call police right away. It is not rare at all to feel a sense of panic or paranoia, especially if you rarely indulge in those types of drugs. I could be wrong, but my gut is saying this possibly played a role in her reaction to the scary situation. I also think she may not admit this possibility right away, because I know the times that I experimented, I wouldn’t have wanted family or friends to know. She may have not even admitted it yet, but it is important because it helps everyone understand what happened.
<modsnip> Either way, there is enough evidence to cook this turkey and no doubt there is more to come which will undoubtedly bring a conviction on all counts. BK should now only be concerned about avoiding the needle, acknowledge his crimes and serve the sentence imposed.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s one possible loophole—I don’t know if the affidavit dealt with it. Could the ‘turning on and turning off’ be an artifact of spotty cell tower coverage?
I think cell service was good near the house.
Unfortunately, cell service only shows the general vicinity. (Access to the nearest cell tower)
The nearest cell tower was likely a mile away or so from the house, which means that BK was within a mile of the house. (We have cell towers placed at a density of about 1/sq mile here)

Hypothetically speaking, even if the cell tower was in their backyard it unfortunately would still only be a range because the range would be like a mile or so.

GPS is the data that we need to actually pinpoint exactly where he was.
Cell tower data is general vicinity.

I bet when he got to PA, he destroyed alot of data.

I don't know if a warrant can be obtained to obtain GPS data from Google.
I don't know how it works...I don't know if GPS data is only available as a "dragnet aka geofence" which would likely be illegal because it would involve thousands of phones or if GPS can be subpoenaed for a specific device.
Being able to subpoena GPS from a specific device would likely be legal, but don't know if it can be done.

I am assuming BK parked up the hill overlooking the KIng's Residence up on Queen Road?
I tried to look on Google Earth and they will no longer allow to drive up that road and look at the parking lot and see how easy it was to look into the house esp. KG's room, possibly X's room also on the 2nd level.
Yes, they can get a warrant and subpoena for his Google searches and cell phone data.

The only Jack in the box in the area is in Pullman.
Yeah, we'd discussed it here. I'd wondered at the time if X&E had driven there that evening, taking a food break in the middle of their hours at Sigma Chi, and they'd possibly met someone bad there.

I'm sure they did. But a warrant wont do them any good if BK got rid of the phone before he was arrested. JMO.
They can look at his accounts and his mobile data. However, if he got rid of his laptop they won't be able to look at his searches.

I think cell service was good near the house.
Unfortunately, cell service only shows the general vicinity. (Access to the nearest cell tower)
The nearest cell tower was likely a mile away or so from the house, which means that BK within a mile of the house. (We have cell towers placed at a density of about 1/sq mile here) Hypothetically speaking. Even if the cell tower was in their backyard it unfortunately would still only be a range.

GPS is the data that we need to actually pinpoint exactly where he was.
Cell tower data is general vicinity.

I bet when he got to PA, he destroyed alot of data.

I don't know if a warrant can be obtained to obtain GPS data from Google.
I don't know how it works...I don't know if GPS data is only available as a "dragnet aka geofence" which would likely be illegal because it would involve thousands of phones or if GPS can be subpoenaed for a specific device.
No reason for him to be near them ever though so.

I'm not one to try to analyze these murders' sick minds, but I have to admit, I feel like BK was living out some kind of special ops fantasy...surveillance, sneaking around quietly in all black, taking people out one by one without the rest necessarily knowing about it, efficient and lethal. I mean, I have no idea his motive or mindset, but knowing his attempts at joining the military in HS and the police in WA, I just think it equates to a very serious game of GI Joe for him. JMO.

And the kitchen sink is right in front of bag. Odd place to set your fast food bag. Even after eating it. But other pics of the dining table show cluttered mess a little bit so maybe they weren't super neat and maybe trash can was full. A bunch of college girls living together (I know from my twin girls) can be un-tidy in their apartments. Also, thanks for posting as I now notice the bag was opened.
I hate to admit it, but it doesn't look odd to me. I hate emptying trash cans, and will often put the trash at the back of the sink planning to empty it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita