ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting this for any that missed it.
Documents likely path of BK.
I do not believe he ever saw DM. Between darkness and concentrating on finding back door in an awkward layout (plus-speculating-in a degree of shock himself from initially unintended vics XK and EC), I just think his line of vision never went there. He may have thought room was empty since he passed it 3x at least...or, more likely, 1st/2nd floor was not his intended victims and due to seeing/hearing X (eating Door Dash in kitchen, or on Tik Tok, whatever) that changed. DM was apparently silent and simply never drew his focus.

I've said it before...I will not speculate or question DM actions, and please don't use this for that purpose. I think it just underscores how fragile life is--and simply choosing to use Tik Tok at 412 am instead of falling asleep can be the difference in life and death. So sad, so tragic. second-floor-moscow-house.png

What’s the penalty for ignoring the gag order?

I don’t think a lot. Similar to his restraining order. Misdemeanor / $1000 fine or something like that. Same here in California. That’s why restraining orders really don’t protect people from scary persons who don’t fear small consequences.

When you violate any court order, you are held in Contempt of the Court (or Contempt). The same applies when you violate a gag order. The consequences of such may include a more stringent order, a fine, or, in some cases, even imprisonment.

I think cell service was good near the house.
Unfortunately, cell service only shows the general vicinity. (Access to the nearest cell tower)
The nearest cell tower was likely a mile away or so from the house, which means that BK within a mile of the house. (We have cell towers placed at a density of about 1/sq mile here) Hypothetically speaking. Even if the cell tower was in their backyard it unfortunately would still only be a range.

GPS is the data that we need to actually pinpoint exactly where he was.
Cell tower data is general vicinity.

I bet when he got to PA, he destroyed alot of data.

I don't know if a warrant can be obtained to obtain GPS data from Google.
I don't know how it works...I don't know if GPS data is only available as a "dragnet aka geofence" which would likely be illegal because it would involve thousands of phones or if GPS can be subpoenaed for a specific device.

He cannot destroy his cell phone data. He can destroy the phone but his pings go to his cell phone service provider. He can try to destroy his computer hard drive but even if left behind info still can be retrieved, and his online searches and data on the cloud.

Forgive my ignorance but XK’s dad said she had bruises from the knife. Surely, it takes a while for bruises to form? (Correct me if wrong) so while she was bleeding out the bruises formed? Because I’ve never had a bruise form instantly before? Or is it different with knives/dying?
It was a few hours before they were all found. IMO, XK’s bruises could’ve formed from livor mortis, which is blood pooling under your skin a while after you die. It looks like bruising.

You bring up a good point. IMO, DM might’ve initially assumed the man in black she saw was a guest of one of her roommates. She could’ve been shocked to see him, but then assumed he was invited there and then DM went back to bed.
That's incompatible with what's stated in the PCA: "The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase.""

I thought the same thing about needing the phone for directions. Did it really not occur to him to print out a map beforehand, though? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it didn’t, but. Holy cow. This wasn’t one chance mistake that got this guy caught but a series of really questionable choices by someone committing a quadruple murder… forget being a student of criminology, I would have thought most of this stuff would have occurred to anyone who’s seen a single forty minute episode of literally any true crime show. Or even something fictional like CSI/Criminal Minds/Law & Order. They run those shows on repeat day in and day out! So much for all that supposed “brilliance”.
Imo and in my experience very few younger people would download and print paper maps or even know how to read a map.

When you violate any court order, you are held in Contempt of the Court (or Contempt). The same applies when you violate a gag order. The consequences of such may include a more stringent order, a fine, or, in some cases, even imprisonment.
But the gag order can’t cross states, can it? Idaho issued the gag order. If someone in PA talks, I don’t think there is the possibility of repercussions? MOO

Gotta say that I am so puzzled by so many questions that are still unanswered if this horrific atrocity was done by just one Criminology PhD Candidate. Maybe some of you can answer.
1.) DoorDash-did he see the driver and wait? Do we know that Xana ate the food (bag appeared to be open.) Not a whole lot of time to eat with the timeline. Driver drops food off. Xana gets food. Xana eats food. Xana goes back to bed? Lots going on in that 20 minute window.
2.) Why pick a fairly busy Saturday night with lots of college kids still out roaming around, partying, etc... Why not mid-week when kids are more likely to be sleeping?
3.) Everyone who's anyone knows about cell phone pinging technology and certainly a PdD in Criminology candidate. Yet he still chose to bring the phone? Why not a burner phone?
4.) I really wonder if he anticipated such national attention from the getgo. I'd think with his personality he must have desired that, which leans toward mass killing. If he'd just killed one person, most of us would have never heard about it.
5.) Why did he spare DM, when he apparently looked right at her when he was leaving? Did he maybe feel he wanted to leave a potential scapegoat, i.e. point the finger at her as the perp? I don't get it. She saw him. He still had the knife? Why didn't he kill her (thank God he didn't.)

The AA didn't say "they locked eyes", it said she saw him "walking towards her" and she froze. I bet her lights were off, and he didn't catch any movement. I don't think he even noticed her, thank God.

He cannot destroy his cell phone data. He can destroy the phone but his pings go to his cell phone service provider. He can try to destroy his computer hard drive but even if left behind info still can be retrieved, and his online searches and data on the cloud.
He can delete his google history etc.
I bet he had a social media account, which he deleted before he was caught.

Although, she did say that she was in shock.. I just figured that she was too scared to unlock her door and go out because the creep may still be lurking somewhere. jmo
Imo, she locked her door as my DD did and went to bed and the door just remained locked. He was headed to the door. Didn't wake up till late morning. Then all hell broke loose. This is the only thing that makes sense to me. I know people react differently. But, IMO, most people, not all, would have called 911 if they thought their roommates were being attacked. The fact that DM did not do these things is likely she did not know what the situation was. Imo.

I would like to know why did he target them or that house?
Was he stalking all of them that lived there or just one?
What was the trigger to finally attack on Nov. 13th?
Was he spotted stalking and called out? Feared he was recognized? Confrontation and told to f*ck off? for example.
MOO

I have the same questions. Right now, I don't feel we know nearly enough to say if ANY one person was targeted in that house and LE has never confirmed that an individual was targeted.

So, my own mind focuses on Targeting the House. Also, general victimology.

I believe he started out choosing U of ID as his target for his crimes, because he knew from his classes that when a killer goes out of one jurisdiction into another, it complicates things for LE. However, he wasn't paying close attention because Pullman and Moscow police have all kinds of connections and often operate smoothly and jointly, due to the nature of their towns. He ought to have gone further away, but I think he's very unaccustomed to being on his own or traveling far on his own.

Why choose a college town? First, there are lots of sketchy situations that students get themselves into (walking out late at night, not locking doors, not being particularly concerned about nearby strangers who look like students, etc). Second, I think BK hated the easy sociality of the undergrad population at the relatively compact and self-contained campus of U of ID. His own student housing was a couple of miles from the main campus; 1122 King Road was centrally located for student social life. He had been excluded (IMO) from an active student social life in high school, then again at community college (which was a commuter college), and then of course, by the hybrid nature of DeSales university where he didn't even meet some of his professors.

Deep inside, his identity formation has been squashed by lack of proper socialization as a regular student, he knows it, sees it and regrets it. Then, when the students he's TAing rat him out to the professor, his hatred of students goes up another notch.

I also believe he hates humans in general (rather obviously).

This was a crime against aspiring young people, their families - and his own family. It was a crime against all the people of Idaho, who were anxious and grieving along with the families (and all the rest of us who care). It was a crime against the partying culture of people he perceived as "not serious" students, not like him. He saw himself as better than those students, but they were the ones who (from his POV) were privileged and acting entitled. Doesn't even matter if any of the women ever ran into him, we know that he had had less than ideal interactions with other women and appears never to have had a GF or SO.

It was a crime against LE and criminologists, as well (the hatred bubbled up after the prof took the students' side in the grading matter). He had been planning hate-based crimes of annihilation in his mind (practicing them might be a better word), likely for years. Maybe most of his life. He was rejected as an intern by Pullman PD, etc. It was a crime against his own professors, whom he has made into caricatures, basically.

<modsnip - treading the line speculating about family - please don’t>

He didn't need a specific victim. I believe he wanted to compete with Rader and Bundy and to confound criminologists and others who study crime with the peculiarity of his crime. Before he attacked, he thought he'd get away with it. He acted in a robotic manner during the crime, having practiced the physical parts of it back in his own apartment and mentally while boxing. He did manage to tie both Rader and Bundy for most victims at a single crime scene, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be surprised (when he dumps his memoirs on the world) if BK actually had the number 4 in mind before he started out that night.

IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
He cleaned his car in Pa, probably what was in the trash. Towels, rags, paper towels. And then wore gloves to curb the trash at 4am, while being watched. Lol
And reading this makes me think of the irony; he was tech savvy, book smart and surveilling others for months without any awareness that he himself was being surveilled. It’s like a disconnect between his physical actions and his mental state.

Wouldn't it put the entire trial at risk for mistrial? depending of course on what kind of materials are leaked

I am assuming BK parked up the hill overlooking the KIng's Residence up on Queen Road?
I tried to look on Google Earth and they will no longer allow to drive up that road and look at the parking lot and see how easy it was to look into the house esp. KG's room, possibly X's room also on the 2nd level.
Yes, they can get a warrant and subpoena for his Google searches and cell phone data.
Yes. He had been there at least 12 times. No doubt he had walked around, perhaps entered during a party, visited the area above in the rear. It will be interesting to see if the dates of previous visitations coincided with party dates….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125