Found Safe FL - Boy, 2, missing while parents slept, Brooksville, Hernando County, Feb 2023

Spokeswoman Denise Moloney said Joshua “J.J.” Rowland seemed to be ok and was being taken to a hospital. Sheriff Al Nienhuis will speak on the situation soon.
Joshua 'JJ' Rowland, 2, has been found
Joshua 'JJ' Rowland, 2, has been found

Then, at around 11.00 am, a volunteer spotted Joshua coming out of the nearby woods about a quarter mile from his home, calling for his mother, per live reports from the scene posted on Twitter.

Joshua was allegedly wearing no shoes.

WFLA has reportedly talked with the family's cousins after news broke JJ was found.

The family was overwhelmed with relief and gratitude, and aerial footage revealed JJ's reunion with his parents.

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPTION OF LE UPDATE

24TH FEB.

Sheriff
- Good morning. I know we've had a lot of bad news over the last 24 hours but I'm happy to report that we had the best news that anybody could want, we have found 'JJ'. He seems to be fine. Here's actually a picture of him behind me with one of the rescuers,

1677255283598.png

he seems to be doing fine. Paramedics.. literally it was just a couple minutes ago, paramedics are en-route to check him out, but I will tell you that I was hoping and praying for a miracle. I certainly was not expecting one, but I think a lot of people were praying and prayer works that's all I got to say, so thank you all for coming out and helping and for our media partners, thank you all for getting the word out. We certainly had no clue what happened to him. He was found north of the residence just south of (??) middle school, so he was quite a ways away from home, but the good news is, he did not end up in any water obviously and he was not abducted. He was found in the woods, he seems to be fine. He's definitely going to have something to tell his kids and grandkids about, that's for sure and I'm sure mom and dad are going to keep a little closer eye on him, from this point forward. Again, thank you all very much and it's a miracle, there's no doubt about it.

Reporter - Sheriff, who did find him?

Sheriff - That, I'm not even sure about. I know there's a picture of a gentleman there, I'm not sure if it was one of our law enforcement people or one of our volunteers, I don't even know that yet. We wanted to get the information out there as quickly as we could.

Reporter - What's his condition right now?

Sheriff - Again, I'm not sure, but it looks from the picture that he's smiling so he must be doing fairly well.

Reporter - Sheriff, talk to us a little bit about this community that we saw come out here today.

Sheriff - We live in a great county, Hernando County is great, it supports our law enforcement and we were overwhelmed. We certainly had a lot more volunteers than we had jobs for them and we had people that were willing to come out and help and it certainly warms your heart. That's another part of this story. A secondary part of the story is that the vast majority of citizens are good people, law biding citizens, who want to do anything to get a 2 yr. old back to his parents.

We'll get more information out of soon as we can, but we certainly wanted to update the public as well as all of our volunteers, that they can stand down and 'JJ' appears to be fine and we'll be reuniting him with his parents very shortly, so thank you all for coming out.

Hernando County Sheriff’s Office

MISSING TODDLER LOCATED BY VOLUNTEER SEARCHER

MISSING TODDLER, JOSHUA "JJ" ROWLANDS, HAS BEEN LOCATED BY ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEER SEARCHERS.

JJ IS DOING WELL, CONSIDERING HE HAS BEEN OUT IN THE ELEMENTS ALL NIGHT.

HE'S BEING TRANSPORTED BY PARAMEDICS SO HE CAN BE CHECKED OVER.

WE HAVE ATTACHED A PHOTO OF THE RESCUE.039666E5-7D93-4AAF-9300-73A36AFF35D1.jpeg

Raising my glass of berry Baileys and milk to you.

My partner's having a bath, and I just went in and cried at her that he was found. It was all snotty and gross and in no way dignified. My heart is still so sore from Quinton.
If it makes you feel any better, I still have tears running down my face, can't seem to stop. Such a precious child, as all children are, and his cute little face in the arms of his volunteer rescuer makes my heart so happy. Have a drink for me please in celebration since I have to drive soon so no drinking for me yet.

Hernando County Sheriff’s Office

MISSING TODDLER LOCATED BY VOLUNTEER SEARCHER

MISSING TODDLER, JOSHUA "JJ" ROWLANDS, HAS BEEN LOCATED BY ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEER SEARCHERS.

JJ IS DOING WELL, CONSIDERING HE HAS BEEN OUT IN THE ELEMENTS ALL NIGHT.

HE'S BEING TRANSPORTED BY PARAMEDICS SO HE CAN BE CHECKED OVER.

WE HAVE ATTACHED A PHOTO OF THE RESCUE.View attachment 405237

YIPPEE! He looks good. What a wonderful outcome.

If it makes you feel any better, I still have tears running down my face, can't seem to stop. Such a precious child, as all children are, and his cute little face in the arms of his volunteer rescuer makes my heart so happy. Have a drink for me please in celebration since I have to drive soon so no drinking for me yet.
Awwwww, tears here. Such AMAZING NEWS! You Rambunctious Ron you, where have you been?! Love to all you guys from us lot in the UK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back