Found Safe FL - Boy, 2, missing while parents slept, Brooksville, Hernando County, Feb 2023

I'm in Florida. Some fears I have.... that a boy that size could experience in rural Florida are.... Gators, Mosquito's, Rattlesnakes and Pythons. I'm not trying to be smart, but it's a different world in Florida. Not to mention the two legged vermin that live among us. Luckily it doesn't appear to be too many gator supporting bodies of water nearby, but you never know.

We just had this one the other day. It's a real thing, for sure.

and Bears...:(

This is a post from the Aunt I believe it is allowed. Additional photographs of JJ.

Also shared by Father
1677243157990.png1677243177572.png1677243186891.png1677243201489.png1677243217391.png1677243442696.png1677243451533.png

This is a post from the mother, so I believe it is allowed. Additional photographs of JJ.
View attachment 405194View attachment 405195View attachment 405196View attachment 405197View attachment 405198
Does anyone have a photo of this kid smiling? :(

This is a post from the Aunt I believe it is allowed. Additional photographs of JJ.

Also shared by Father
View attachment 405194View attachment 405195View attachment 405196View attachment 405197View attachment 405198View attachment 405201View attachment 405202
Ah, there's one, thank goodness.

I was just thinking of poor little Athena Brownfield, Zyaire and Zion, Cairo, and Jayden Lopez (Little Jacob).

I'm glad that photo exists.

I hope he's still alive for more to be taken of him.

I’m about 2 hours south in Sarasota. I’m way more concerned about this little tyke coming across wild boars because they’re mean & very dangerous. Two trotted across my front yard this week. I live in a neighborhood, not the woods or country.

As you walk and make noise, a snake will slither away. Gators typically only attack when they’re hungry or threatened. Small animals usually run and hide. Bears aren’t common here. Now, an unknown human, that is the biggest threat.

Attachments

• 8860095E-F861-400E-86F9-AC0129D5350A.jpeg
    8860095E-F861-400E-86F9-AC0129D5350A.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 25
Jesus Christ, I just realised that picture of him grinning looks just like my nephew, my best friend's kid, at that age. Grin, blonde curls, vivid blue eyes with that dark, navy ring around the iris... they could be brothers.

I need a drink.

I’m about 2 hours south in Sarasota. I’m way more concerned about this little tyke coming across wild boars because they’re mean & very dangerous. Two trotted across my front yard this week. I live in a neighborhood, not the woods or country.

As you walk and make noise, a snake will slither away. Gators typically only attack when they’re hungry or threatened. Small animals usually run and hide. Bears aren’t common here. Now, an unknown human, that is the biggest threat.
I am very close and there are boars and black bears. I lived 20 minutes south SR 52 & Suncoast Parkway (589 if you want to google it) and a bear was in our neighborhood (it actually happened two or three times, one time was bad). It backed up to the Starkey Preserve. They caught it, and it howled all night long. It was tagged and had traveled from the Chassahowitzha Wildlife Management Area. If you look at the map, that is quite a journey through some populated areas. The home in question for JJ backs up to preserve/forest area that extends for a good part of the next county or two.

To help streamline the search, volunteers are being asked to download the app "Map My Tracks" to record their paths and then email that to findjj@hernandosheriff.org.

Neinhuis says a relative dropped off the toddler, who was sleeping at the time, at the house around 9:45 a.m. His caregiver was still sleeping at the time, too.

When JJ's mother woke up from a nap, he was already gone.
Neinhuis said JJ's family has been cooperative with the search and investigation. The boy's parents are not part of the search, he added, and instead are staying at a command center where they remain in constant contact with law enforcement.

Since the search began, authorities have used various techniques to assist — including drones and helicopters equipped with infrared tech. A dive team, K-9 and mounted units will all be on the scene starting Friday morning.

He was smiling in several of the photos. There is also a video on the link I shared of him laughing and dancing.
I don't have a Facebook, so the only pics I could see were the thumbnails in your post, which he wasn't smiling in. I generally can't see the content if I follow the links to Facebook - it just asks me to create an account. I saw the smiling picture in the second post you put up, which I think you were composing at the same time as I was typing that first post. Ships passing in the night. I see him smiling now. Lovely. Heartbreakingly almost identical to my nephew at that age. They could almost be twins. Absolutely would pass as fraternal twins. It's kinda messing me up. :(

My mom would like to speak to you about the time she was cleaning the kitchen and I opened the front door and walked all the way to a busy street at the age of three while she frantically searched for me…
My brother, at the age of one, climbed a four-foot chicken wire fence, toddled off down the street, and was brought back by a passing stranger. My mother was horrified. She'd not even realised he was gone.

So, if the caregiver dropped the child off at 9:45am to both sleeping parents is the last person to have seen JJ infact the caregiver and not the parents.

Was he dropped off?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie