Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth noting - school doesn't start until 9:30 AM. I have to listen to Mom's interview again, but she mentioned that time line and I thought it was weird. But school just starts later for some reason I guess.

Here's the interview for those who may not have seen it.

ETA - Mom said she got up at 9:00 AM that morning.
Supposedly she asked to be dropped off an hour early that day. (Police news conference)

Last edited:

So he refused to appear in court this morning. You can do that when you’re being held??

I'm wondering about this too. It seems that a few different cases here on WS recently have had similar occurrences. I don't get it. If you're in jail or prison, you can just say, "Nah, I don't feel like showing up for court today."? MOO.

So he didn’t live in the home? SW says he went o the home and picked her up? I’m confused on this point? Thank God he’s so stupid, I don’t believe Madeline sent those texts about living in the woods either. He was covering his tracks.

Also think he drove by the Church but didn’t drop her off. Did Mom know he was picking her up that day? Prearranged?
I'm wondering whether LE stating they saw Maddie at the church is a complete fabrication; something that would completely rattle SS knowing for a fact that Maddie didn't get dropped off at the church but couldn't challenge his own narrative. That it was a ruse to gauge his behavior knowing the police were lying.

When I saw him sitting behind Maddie's mom I didn't see a man who was overseeing an interview to make sure it followed a script. I saw a man who when the mother repeated about Maddie being dropped off, froze as if he was holding his breath.

Sometimes, I do get suspicious of people in highly emotional and stressful circumstances when they don't respond to anxiety and fear in ways that are more socially accepted, like weeping, or zombie-like in a fog of fear. Until you've been there I think it's impossible to say what is the right response to trauma.

He is vile. Ongoing abuse. Worst of the worst of the worst.

Her mom will have a lifetime tear herself apart, but right now, since the arrest, I suspect probably hasn't stopped vomiting. The horror of discovering what was occurring under your own roof, by the person she was romantically involved. There isn't hot enough water to wash that out of and off your body. She will face blame and guilt enough, from within and from without. Right now she must just be reeling, her world just spun off its axis.

We all want that little girl to walk out of the woods alive but WS gets few happy endings. This story promises to get worse... before it gets... even worse.

How do we stop this from happening, again and again?

Heart. Torn.

JMO

At timestamp 37:36/44:38, there's a photo. Looks like a swimming pool, with Madeline's Mom, Sterns, and Madeline sitting on Sterns' shoulders in the pool. Madeline looks very young here.
She looks anywhere from 5 to 8 to me, which makes sense since one of her front teeth seems to be missing. Kids usually lose their front baby teeth around 7. Even if my guess is off by a few years this creep has been in her life for a long time.

Supposedly she asked to be dropped off an hour early that day. (Police news conference)
That's not what Mom says in her interview. She say's Madeline woke up at 9:00 AM that morning.
"That was around 9:00 AM when she got up". In the video @.47 Madeline Soto missing: Mother talks timeline leading up to daughter's disappearance in Florida

I dunno, what Mom says is confusing and not just that part. The "we/us" at the beginning and then later "my boyfriend dropped her off" she wasn't even with them in the car. Maybe she's just nervous, or by this time, she suspects something is off and him sitting behind her is throwing her off her mark. It's def weird vibes.

On Thursday, the Orange County deputies said they believe Sterns has information regarding the disappearance of Soto. However, he refused to answer any questions and requested an attorney.

Sterns was supposed to appear before a judge during Thursday morning court but didn’t want to attend.

He's also considered the prime suspect in Soto's disappearance.

Are any of our flight radar experts online? Appears to be an area that is being circled over for the past hour or so, but I can't figure out the website to link it myself.

Also, thanks, Mods!

At timestamp 37:36/44:38, there's a photo. Looks like a swimming pool, with Madeline's Mom, Sterns, and Madeline sitting on Sterns' shoulders in the pool. Madeline looks very young here.

She looks so young the guest talking to Nancy also mentioned the behavior of the creep SS during the interview.
Poor little Madeline she wanted to get away from the abuse - my heart aches for her so much.

That's not what Mom says in her interview. She say's Madeline woke up at 9:00 AM that morning.
"That was around 9:00 AM when she got up". In the video @.47 Madeline Soto missing: Mother talks timeline leading up to daughter's disappearance in Florida

I dunno, what Mom says is confusing and not just that part. The "we/us" at the beginning and then later "my boyfriend dropped her off" she wasn't even with them in the car. Maybe she's just nervous, or by this time, she suspects something is off and him sitting behind her is throwing her off her mark. It's def weird vibes.
I was confused by what she meant by “got up at 9 am” because she said it right after she said the surveillance showed Maddie hanging out in the church parking lot, almost like she meant that Maddie was sitting in the church lot and then “got up at 9 am and walked towards the school”. The interviewer started by asking “What’s going on with Maddie” and her mom went directly into the timeline of the day. A very odd, confusing interview for sure..

On Thursday, the Orange County deputies said they believe Sterns has information regarding the disappearance of Soto. However, he refused to answer any questions and requested an attorney.

Sterns was supposed to appear before a judge during Thursday morning court but didn’t want to attend.

He's also considered the prime suspect in Soto's disappearance.

Are any of our flight radar experts online? Appears to be an area that is being circled over for the past hour or so, but I can't figure out the website to link it myself.

Also, thanks, Mods!
He was hiding his face in the perp walk. He doesn’t want his face for all to see.

I'm super confused about the timeline. The sheriff said in his PC as quoted in the Nancy Grace episode posted above, that Maddie was said to have been dropped off around 8:30.

If school didn't start until 9:30, why an hour early? Unless she was involved in some school activity that hasn't been reported.

Also I can't put my finger on why exactly, but I'm starting to think she was never dropped off for school at all that day. My gut has picked up on something my brain hasn't yet caught up with, I think.

Prayers for Maddie

He was hiding his face in the perp walk. He doesn’t want his face for all to see.
Coward. :mad:

Also wanted to say that the, 'wanting to go and live in the woods' bit ... was that a reference to where she is, or was put ?
if Madeleine is no longer with us ? (Sorry to type that, I'm getting bad vibes quite early on, in this case --hope I'm wrong !)
Omo.

Last edited:
I'm super confused about the timeline. The sheriff said in his PC as quoted in the Nancy Grace episode posted above, that Maddie was said to have been dropped off around 8:30.

If school didn't start until 9:30, why an hour early? Unless she was involved in some school activity that hasn't been reported.

Also I can't put my finger on why exactly, but I'm starting to think she was never dropped off for school at all that day. My gut has picked up on something my brain hasn't yet caught up with, I think.

Prayers for Maddie
Bbm.
Agreed.
Esp. the bolded.

I wish she was just hiding out at a friend's place, and too fearful to speak out yet.
But the evidence that's been uncovered is pointing to someone who wanted to erase their crimes.
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member