AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to all who have raised questions about the lengthy late night phone call. I have the same questions. That's a long call when you have been single parenting all day. I don't get that at all.
[Snipped by me, for focus]

And I don't even think the Mom was single parenting all day. Sunday, 25 Feb 2024, they were together, at least part of the day -- depending on what time, exactly, Step-Dad left for Memphis.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

@Lovemycat and @fsngruv Thanks for linking the video. For whatever reason it would play but I had no sound sadly. Maybe because I don't have Facebook. But I believe what you all heard. Thanks again.

@Soulmagent we do know that searchers played one of SR's favorite songs Eye of the Tiger while canvassing different areas. Per parents (all) they have mentioned that SR loves Minecraft, doesn't like to get dirty, can swim like a fish but he is a pool kid not a pond kid, likes to play at playgrounds and also likes hide and seek, loves to dance. Favorite color is green.

And to all who have raised questions about the lengthy late night phone call. I have the same questions. That's a long call when you have been single parenting all day. I don't get that at all.
IIRC mom fell asleep on that call and he had to rouse her to leave the couch and turn in. Perhaps we're to conclude it was a sleepy time call for both of them. Two hours of snooze sans dialogue.

I don't know where Sebastian could be but this is a first for me -- the interview of hands.

Intertwined.

Joint 911 call.

They're united, that's for sure.

i draw no conclusion, just make observations.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I'm under the impression he was at work while they were talking on the phone? I'm thinking he works somewhere where he can't really be that mobile and it gets boring and he can talk but can't look at his phone to play games or whatever. I say this because I've worked the weekend shift in an industrial setting, which could be pretty boring so I would use that time to catch up with friends and family. I'm sure they hated the background noise! I have no links or anything to back it up, I was just thinking he works the evening shift and was at work and that's why they were on the call?

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

Quite a few posts have been removed for accusations against a person not named POI by LE. This is a serious violation of TOS.

If you wish to have a discussion that wouldn't be allowed on the thread, please make a private discussion, with up to 20 people.

THIS^^^^^ When I have been away for work, or on a girl's trip or something w/o my husband, we are pretty much texting and not even talking on the phone. That said, we don't have school age or even college age children living at home, so we don't have day-to-day convos of that nature. Unless something very significant was happening in their life (death, divorce, moving, job stress, marital problems) or issues with their son in school or behavior problems, I can't imagine being on the phone more than 15-20 minutes. MOO
I have school aged children and still don't talk that long with my DH. We definitely text during the day and have a standard phone call on my way to work (he leaves early before the kids and I have started our day so I call to check-in, discuss the day's plans regarding our kids sports practices etc.). At most, DH and I talk for 10 maybe 15 minutes. If I am out of town, the call may be slightly longer since I will talk to both of my girls before bedtime to see how their day was, remind them of anything etc. and they don't have their own phones yet... but 2 hours still seems like a long time to be on the phone. I talk to my mom longer than anyone else and even that is less than an hour. I get too restless just sitting there on the phone.

ETA: Sorry, I hadn't watched this full video until after I posted but it sounds like we have to wait until the 5-6 news hour to get more details of interview.

I hope they have new info that leads to finding Sebastian. In the newscast, they didn't mention if SR's mother and stepdad attended the vigil.

What hit me the hardest was SR's dad saying that if SR could reach out to his dad--he would.

Dad was at the vigil. Mom and step dad sent a statement with someone to read. The vigil was at Sebastian's school which is maybe a mile from their house.
I'm sure it's hard to attend events like that if you're missing your child, but I'd do it no matter what--just to keep the people involved, focused, and searching for my child.

I hope they have new info that leads to finding Sebastian. In the newscast, they didn't mention if SR's mother and stepdad attended the vigil.

What hit me the hardest was SR's dad saying that if SR could reach out to his dad--he would.
Bbm.
Sounds like they're pretty close ?
Wonder if besides phone calls/texts, they communicated online-- so that if Sebastian was someplace where he had internet access, he could get a message out ?
:(
Fingers crossed and hoping for a good update soon !
As time passes, it's getting harder, though.
Sebastian, where are you ??
Omo.

But his father believes there are missing pieces to this puzzle.

“With the information that I’ve gotten from Sumner County and TBI and the fact that dogs aren’t 100 percent, they’re not picking up his scent,” he said.

“One dog tracked him to a construction area over there and it just disappeared and it’s confusing. There’s missing pieces to the puzzle and I’m having difficulty solving this.”

Mr Rogers added that it makes “absolutely no sense there’s been no trace of him.”

“I’m hoping he’s still alive,” the father said. “That is my main hope right now.”

Dad was at the vigil. Mom and step dad sent a statement with someone to read. The vigil was at Sebastian's school which is maybe a mile from their house.
Well, they were probably at the home waiting for Sebastian to walk back in! Even though the Stepfather said that the door was being left unlocked for him.

“In order for him to do something that’s out of the normal, something would’ve had to happen that he felt like he just couldn’t deal with it anymore,” Mr Rogers told WTVF in his first interview during a prayer vigil on Sunday.

“With the information that I’ve gotten from Sumner County and TBI and the fact that dogs aren’t 100 percent, they’re not picking up his scent,” he said.

“One dog tracked him to a construction area over there and it just disappeared and it’s confusing. There’s missing pieces to the puzzle and I’m having difficulty solving this.”

Mr Rogers added that it makes “absolutely no sense there’s been no trace of him.”

“I’m hoping he’s still alive,” the father said. “That is my main hope right now.”

Many community members gathered at his high school in Hendersonville, Tennessee for a prayer vigil on Sunday evening.
"I think it's important that at the end of the day, we all remain hopeful," a community member says. "I think there have been...miracles happen everyday." ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52