AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Anyone have any theories?
Mom and SR had dinner out of the house 2/25. That has to have been verified right?
Mom and step dad were on the phone 2/25 from 9:43 till around midnight. Same as above, verified by phone records?
Did SR leave during or after that phone call, did someone come pick him up after midnight, or did someone from inside remove him after midnight?
Did something happen after dinner and that phone call was an open line to make it appear like a conversation but instead remove SR?

Isn't there another child in the house? A step brother? It was referenced at least once IIRC. Would someone inside the house remove SR while another child was asleep?

Would someone come and pick up SR if they are already trying for custody of another child in (?) another state?
Frankly none of it makes sense to me unless SR was the one to leave. But why was the door locked.
I can make up explanations for the flashlight and last known clothing but unless he had keys why was the door locked.

My last thought is that by both mom and stepdad's account SR was really desperate to have friends. When asked what he wanted for Christmas or b-days he would always ask for friends. Maybe he was lured. Is it a possibility?
IDK, I just really want him found.
JMO
Great work! If the door was locked in the morning when she awoke, then that means SR or someone else locked the door behind him, unless the left out a window?

Last edited:
MOO
Sebastian hasn't been spotted anywhere since allegedly being seen by his mother on Sunday the 25th. LE has utilized vast resources looking for him. Perhaps the reason they must investigate his disappearance is because a 5'5" tall Sebastian seemingly vanished without a trace, and that, in itself, is suspicious. He hasn't been seen so it's become highly suspicious.

There seems to be certain things she wants released in her statement.
1) Her son told her that he loved her when he went willingly to his room. She's obviously a good parent since she has his love. He is nice not to argue when his parent told him the day's over, go to bed.

2) He went to bed. Mom wants us to believe she assumed he went to bed and went to sleep.

3) Mom went to awaken him so he could go to school. This implies she expected him to be in his bed at 6am.

This bothers me, too, when she said, "He's not a runner. He's never run away before. I don't know why he walked out that door."

My understanding for the change to an Amber alert was due to incoming bad weather and SR lacking his medications. But I also remember reading LE using the phrase 'after additional investigative information'. JMO
Due to the flurry in trying to locate a MSM source for 'foul play' or 'criminal investigation', I watched their video interview a few more times. It made a difference for my opinion.
LE had stated openly that they were shifting toward a “criminal investigation”. I would have to go back and find the sources.
I’m wondering now, though, because they keep changing their perspective.
You guys are so kind for locating the source and verifying what's been in the news.
Gold Stars All 'Round!

Great work! If the door was locked in the morning when she awoke, then that means SR or someone else locked the door behind him, unless it was out a window?
I am envisioning a door lock, on the inside (and outside), where you need a key to lock the door no matter which side of the door you are on. I am not talking about a deadbolt where you turn the knob to lock the door once you are inside. You see this type of lock often when the door has sidelights of glass, where someone could potentially break the glass, reach in, and turn the knob on the deadbolt to gain entry. This is a different lock than a deadbolt. It requires a key. The only way Sebastian could have exited that front door if it was locked would be if someone let him out and then locked the door after him; or he had a key himself and he opened it, then locked it once he was on the other side.

In which case, Step-Dad would not have to make the remark: "We are leaving the door unlocked for you [Sebastian]." Why would they need to leave the door unlocked if Sebastian had a key of his own?

I am envisioning a door lock, on the inside (and outside), where you need a key to lock the door not matter which side of the door you are on. I am not talking about a deadbolt where you turn the knob to lock the door once you are inside. You see this type of lock often when the door has sidelights of glass where someone could potentially break the glass, reach in, and turn the knob on the deadbolt to gain entry. This is a different lock. The only way Sebastian could have exited that front door when it was locked would be if someone let him out and locked the door after him; or he had a key himself and he opened it, then locked it once he was on the other side.

In which case, Step-Dad would not have to make the remark: "We are leaving the door unlocked for you [Sebastian]." Why would they need to leave the door unlocked if Sebastian had a key of his own?
Do we know what kind of lock it was?? Were all the locks in the house double key deadbolts? That's gotta be tough with dogs, but might be a good safety measure for an autistic child, maybe even if the child wasn't a runner?

I agree if it was a lock that needed to be opened with a key from the inside and outside there would be no way for the door to be locked behind him unless someone was in the house and locked it behind him. I have one of these locks actually and I keep the key in the lock or close by in the case of an emergency and we need to escape. Might be a bad habit if an intruder did break the window to get in... Never thought about it like that until now, I was more concerned with a fire!

Eta: I wonder if they had the same habit of leaving the key in the door or close by?

I am envisioning a door lock, on the inside (and outside), where you need a key to lock the door no matter which side of the door you are on. I am not talking about a deadbolt where you turn the knob to lock the door once you are inside. You see this type of lock often when the door has sidelights of glass, where someone could potentially break the glass, reach in, and turn the knob on the deadbolt to gain entry. This is a different lock than a deadbolt. It requires a key. The only way Sebastian could have exited that front door if it was locked would be if someone let him out and then locked the door after him; or he had a key himself and he opened it, then locked it once he was on the other side.

Or...it could be like in the house I bought (which is totally backwards and frustrating) not a key lock. Like the little lever in the door handle that renders the handle locked - think old school bathroom door locks. I have locked myself out a couple of times without realizing the lever was latched. (usually in my pj's at night without my phone while letting the dog out with candles burning inside the house argh!) Dang. I need to get that replaced ASAP

Last edited:
Do we know what kind of lock it was?? Were all the locks in the house double key deadbolts? That's gotta be tough with dogs, but might be a good safety measure for an autistic child, maybe even if the child wasn't a runner?

I agree if it was a lock that needed to be opened with a key from the inside and outside there would be no way for the door to be locked behind him unless someone was in the house and locked it behind him. I have one of these locks actually and I key the keep in the lock in the case of an emergency and we need to escape. Might be a bad habit if an intruder did break the window to get in... Never thought about it like that until now, I was more concerned with a fire!

Eta: I wonder if they had the same habit of leaving the key in the door or close by?
We know very little.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
In regards to the three-way call, I believe a source was shared that didn't directly state that it was a 3way call, though I believe it has been stated but I haven't yet located where it stated directly that there was a 3way call, because Google that and watch out! Lol.
But from what has been sourced from a news interview, it is stated "she called her husband and then they called 911" maybe I'm just taking that to mean they both called on a 3 way call but I swear it's been stated in an interview with Holly Thompson that it was a three-way call. But maybe I'm just presuming "they called" to mean a three-way call, or maybe the reporter who I thought stated it presumed that?

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the three-way call, I believe a source was shared that didn't directly state that it was a 3way call, though I believe it has been stated but I haven't yet located where it stated directly that there was a 3way call, because Google that and watch out! Lol.
But from what has been sourced from a news interview, it is stated "she called her husband and then they called 911" maybe I'm just taking that to mean they both called on a 3 way call but I swear it's been stated in an interview with Holly Thompson that it was a three-way call. But maybe I'm just presuming "they called" to mean a three-way call, or maybe the reporter who I thought stated it presumed that?
Their last interview that shows just their hands the mom said they 3way called LE using the words 3way call. Not sure how far in the video but I know that’s the video.

Their last interview that shows just their hands the mom said they 3way called LE using the words 3way call. Not sure how far in the video but I know that’s the video.
Thanks! I was rewatching the first one, with Holly Thompson and they didn't say 3way call, just that she called him and they called 911, I was beginning to think I just imagined it!

Eta: that hands one is hard to get through.

Can someone link this so I can review in the morning TIA! You guys rock!

Thanks! I was rewatching the first one, with Holly Thompson and they didn't say 3way call, just that she called him and they called 911, I was beginning to think I just imagined it!

Eta: that hands one is hard to get through.
Thanks I've never heard 3 way call mentioned. Sorry for your google searches in this matter. LOLOLOL

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I agree, the the three-way call is weird.

Maybe it was something they were used to doing? Maybe he's just the take charge type? Maybe she was a wreck? It's weird, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Anyone have any theories?
Mom and SR had dinner out of the house 2/25. That has to have been verified right?
Mom and step dad were on the phone 2/25 from 9:43 till around midnight. Same as above, verified by phone records?
Did SR leave during or after that phone call, did someone come pick him up after midnight, or did someone from inside remove him after midnight?
Did something happen after dinner and that phone call was an open line to make it appear like a conversation but instead remove SR?

Isn't there another child in the house? A step brother? It was referenced at least once IIRC. Would someone inside the house remove SR while another child was asleep?

Would someone come and pick up SR if they are already trying for custody of another child in (?) another state?
Frankly none of it makes sense to me unless SR was the one to leave. But why was the door locked.
I can make up explanations for the flashlight and last known clothing but unless he had keys why was the door locked.

My last thought is that by both mom and stepdad's account SR was really desperate to have friends. When asked what he wanted for Christmas or b-days he would always ask for friends. Maybe he was lured. Is it a possibility?
IDK, I just really want him found.
JMO
As the parent of a high functioning autistic 11-year-old, I would like to know whether anyone has heard mention of whether during this lengthy a phone call to her spouse from 9:43-around midnight, did mom periodically check in with Sebastian throughout the duration of the call?

Until recently, my husband used to travel for business quite frequently … Sometimes for extended periods.

I HAVE TO SAY, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOOOO WAY I would be on the phone with him (or ANYONE for that matter) for 2+ hours or be otherwise distracted from my children for that lengthy a period.

It is just not safe to allow myself to selfishly be distracted (particularly without another adult present in the home) as my son’s behaviors are too unpredictable and spontaneous.

It is amazing the trouble he is capable of getting into in mere minutes. In fact, in the few minutes it has taken for me to write this “reply,” he has disappeared from this level of our home. **face palm** Got to go locate him again immediately.

Found him in the basement … You see?

I ALWAYS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, NEED TO to know where he is, & what he is up to, in order to ensure his safety, to ensure he is still in the house/has not attempted to leave, etc. 2+ hours is an eternity when you have an autistic child who needs his parent to be constantly aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat