TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts in my head:

If Caleb was planning on going fishing after going to class(es) on Monday, March 4, I wonder what time was his classes that he would be still up at 3 AM on Monday? I’m trying to understand—when does he sleep?

I’m assuming that video capture @PommyMommy posted is showing the actual bridge Snapchat photo sent by Caleb at 3:03AM. I asked earlier: why would he take this photo and post it? Was he known to take aesthetic photos (IMO) such as this one? Is this photo in line with what he normally posts? If not, was something happening there that he wanted to document?

On his being barefoot: like @txsleuth70 wonders, was he truly barefoot? Are his footwear so limited they are sure all are accounted for? What about fishing boots? Maybe he slipped a pair on. Is all his fishing gear accounted for? Could he have decided he couldn’t sleep and went to do a little night/early morning fishing (I have no idea if there are good spots walking distance)?

It may have been mentioned here but do we know if he had a car or not? Or did the roommates or any of them have bikes?

I would just find it odd that if you wanted to go to the gas station which was the only thing open as Walgreens, McDs closed at 11pm, you'd not walk if you or your roommates had a car or bike. And what could he want so badly that late at night to walk up there? If it was food why not have just ordered something for Uber Eats when you were getting your lunch for the next day? Did he want to buy alcohol or tobacco possibly?

The Circle K/Valero right up the street it says closes at 12:00 and the other one that is almost an hour walk to does not have hours listed so that might have even been closed as well. But you think you wouldn't want to spend close to 2 hours walking for just that when you wouldn't make it home until close to 5am which at that point you wonder was he going to even sleep? He had classes and was planning to go fishing that day so at some point you'd assume he needed to get some rest before that.

It may have been mentioned here but do we know if he had a car or not? Or did the roommates or any of them have bikes?

I would just find it odd that if you wanted to go to the gas station which was the only thing open as Walgreens, McDs closed at 11pm, you'd not walk if you or your roommates had a car or bike. And what could he want so badly that late at night to walk up there? If it was food why not have just ordered something for Uber Eats when you were getting your lunch for the next day? Did he want to buy alcohol or tobacco possibly?

The Circle K/Valero right up the street it says closes at 12:00 and the other one that is almost an hour walk to does not have hours listed so that might have even been closed as well. But you think you wouldn't want to spend close to 2 hours walking for just that when you wouldn't make it home until close to 5am which at that point you wonder was he going to even sleep? He had classes and was planning to go fishing that day so at some point you'd assume he needed to get some rest before that.
He had a truck. It was parked at the apartment complex and his keys were in the apartment, along with his wallet. It appears that, wherever he intended to go, he didn't feel the need to use his truck.

Did he want to buy alcohol or tobacco possibly?
I can see him socially using both products.

Though dry towns and counties in Texas have gotten rare, the State still has restrictions on the times that alcohol can be sold.

Hard alcohol shuts down early at 9:00 pm. Beer and wine shut down at midnight- except on Saturdays when its allowed to be sold until 1:00 am.

Though its possible that C may not of known about the restrictions, he had shown his mother some of his favorite night life spots. Thus, I am thinking that he would know at least in general terms that you cant buy alcohol at 2-3:00 am in the morning in Texas.

Tobacco is another matter.

But... as well all know, tobacco use has over all declined amongst young people. This decline could well reduce the odds that C was a frequent smoker and would experience an "Out of cigs!- Need to get to the store at "0- dark thirty" moment.

Last edited:
I can see him socially using both products.

Though dry towns and counties in Texas have gotten rare, the State still has restrictions on the times that alcohol can be sold.

Hard alcohol shuts down early at 9:00 pm. Beer and wine shut down at midnight- except on Saturdays when its allowed to be sold until 1:00 am.

Though its possible that C may not of known about the restrictions, he had shown his mother some of his favorite night life spots. Thus, I am thinking that he would know at least in general terms that you cant buy alcohol at 2-3:00 am in the morning in Texas.

Tobacco is another matter.

But... as well all know, tobacco use has over all declined amongst young people. This decline could well reduce the odds that C was a frequent smoker and would experience an "Out of cigs!- Need to get to the store at "0- dark thirty" moment.
Trust me, nicotine use is alive and well for college students. Especially a young outdoorsy guy - I know as I am one. Going to pick up Zyn's or a vape at 3 am after you've been drinking would not be out of the norm for a college student at all.

Thoughts in my head:

If Caleb was planning on going fishing after going to class(es) on Monday, March 4, I wonder what time was his classes that he would be still up at 3 AM on Monday? I’m trying to understand—when does he sleep?

I’m assuming that video capture @PommyMommy posted is showing the actual bridge Snapchat photo sent by Caleb at 3:03AM. I asked earlier: why would he take this photo and post it? Was he known to take aesthetic photos (IMO) such as this one? Is this photo in line with what he normally posts? If not, was something happening there that he wanted to document?

On his being barefoot: like @txsleuth70 wonders, was he truly barefoot? Are his footwear so limited they are sure all are accounted for? What about fishing boots? Maybe he slipped a pair on. Is all his fishing gear accounted for? Could he have decided he couldn’t sleep and went to do a little night/early morning fishing (I have no idea if there are good spots walking distance)?
(SBM) the info of him being barefoot is based on what his father has said, that there is video showing him walking off without shoes on.

(SBM) the info of him being barefoot is based on what his father has said, that there is video showing him walking off without shoes on.
My understanding, but I could be misunderstanding:
I thought the last known video of him was the one of him and two others with the little white dog, which was at 1:00AM-ish. He was said to be barefoot then (though personally I couldn’t see his feet). They then went back to their cottage apt, and Caleb went out again after that at some point. So, I thought when he went out again he could have put something on his feet. Possibly. MOO

“ “About five town homes down the way, one of the girls went back and there was a [surveillance] video at about 1:00 with him, his roommate, and future roommate walking the dog,” said Randy [Harris (Caleb’s father)].
“We know that he had his hat on, he had a white shirt on, some new pants; kind of a dark teal-colored fishing pants, and he was barefoot. Our last snapchat was to my daughter at 2:44 a.m. when he was out walking the dog again. He was waiting on an Uber driver to drop off his lunch for the next day. He would go to school, come back, grab all his fishing gear, and kayak and would go out fishing. He would always go out with someone [when he is fishing]. Everything he was doing was preparing for the next day, preparing for the next week. He has a job in Alaska this summer, he already renewed his lease, has good grades, nothing was out of the ordinary,” Randy continued.”

Family offering reward for the safe return of missing college student from New Braunfels

Another thing—I note his father says “kayak”. So he was going to fish in his kayak. I assume his kayak is accounted for.

Hi Simply Cass, I think everybody knows that CH’s father has said that CH was barefoot. But I think many are respectfully questioning how the father knows this. He has said it is from video.

We know there is at least one video of CH barefoot - the one where he is seen walking the dog with his room mates at around 1:00 am. Beyond that, there are no other videos that have been released to the public.

CH may have been barefoot in the 2:44 am Snapchat video he sent to his sister, but that video has not been released (and may now be lost in the ether, as Snapchat videos auto-delete. What was CH’s father’s source? Could it just be a presumption based on the approx. 1:00 am video?

Maybe CH’s sister clearly saw that CH was barefoot in the 2:44 am video (before he went back inside the apt.) and then told her father that information. But we have not heard that stated by either the sister or father. And even then, CH supposedly went back inside after the 2:44 am video, and could have put on slides or shoes before going back out again.

It’s also possible that CH was seen barefoot in a 3:03 am video, if this video exists / existed at all (this would be the bridge-over-a-canal video). But we have not heard CH’s father (or sister) say that the 3:03 am video is the source for their knowledge that CH was barefoot. Many have questioned whether there could even have been a 3:03 am video, as it was reported previously by several sources that CH’s phone was turned off (or was w/o power) by 2:58 am.

I admit that it may seem nit-picky, and that some might think I am suggesting that CH’s father is wrong - but I am not. I just think it benefits any investigation to be dealing with absolute facts whenever possible. I think many of us would respectfully like for CH’s father (and/or CH’s sister, or perhaps even a room mate) to clarify, being very specific): just who was it who physically saw CH walk away barefoot from The Cottages parking lot towards Ennis Joslin after 2:45 am?

Without that level of clarity, I think it’s only natural that many will continue to find it implausible that CH was barefoot, given the discomfort and hazard that often accompanies walking barefoot for a mile or more on asphalt roads and sandy shoulders perhaps laden with sea shells, rocks and maybe even broken bottles or metal from cans and other debris.

Nobody is questioning CH’s father’s sincerity or effort or desire or intentions, but having irrefutable facts will help all those seeking to help find CH.

Jmo

Last edited:
From the Emily Mueller Wich Facebook Watch video posted above (Post #345), these are the factual time I've gathered. There was no mention of the Uber Eats delivery:

11:53pm..... Snapchat sent of dog in apartment
12:58am..... CH walking dog w/ 1 roomie and 1 friend seen on Ring video 5 "apts" down. Wearing the hat, white shirt and teal pants, possibly barefoot.
2:44am......Snapchat sent to sister of dog walking in parking lot. Dog was found inside apartment.
2:58am......Phone listed as off
3:03am......Snapchat photo of drainage ditch bridge taken from sidewalk outside cottage complex
after this, they show a trail mirroring the drainage ditch from Ennis Joslin all the way across Rodd Field Rd, culminating at the Coastal Bend Pain Management Center on Williams Dr.

I believe if they were able to search the drainage area under William Dr at that Pain Management Center, where there happens to be a manhole cover, they may find the phone, possibly tossed into the side street drain there. Also, I would like to know if the "bridge" picture was sent to anyone in particular and to point out that CH was not in that picture.

Something that's bugging me, the more I think about it. Why didn't Caleb take his keys? How was he planning on getting back into the apartment? Did he simply leave the door unlocked because he was intending to be out for just a short stroll, anticipating the Door Dash arriving within minutes?

Ugh. Things don't add up in this case. There aren't enough verified facts.

ADMIN NOTE:

The Emily Mueller podcast linked upthread is being allowed because, although it is not MSM, we usually allow sources when major case players (i.e. family members) are interviewed.

This is not blanket approval for the podcast, just for this particular interview.

From the Emily Mueller Wich Facebook Watch video posted above (Post #345), these are the factual time I've gathered. There was no mention of the Uber Eats delivery:

11:53pm..... Snapchat sent of dog in apartment
12:58am..... CH walking dog w/ 1 roomie and 1 friend seen on Ring video 5 "apts" down. Wearing the hat, white shirt and teal pants, possibly barefoot.
2:44am......Snapchat sent to sister of dog walking in parking lot. Dog was found inside apartment.
2:58am......Phone listed as off
3:03am......Snapchat photo of drainage ditch bridge taken from sidewalk outside cottage complex
after this, they show a trail mirroring the drainage ditch from Ennis Joslin all the way across Rodd Field Rd, culminating at the Coastal Bend Pain Management Center on Williams Dr.

I believe if they were able to search the drainage area under William Dr at that Pain Management Center, where there happens to be a manhole cover, they may find the phone, possibly tossed into the side street drain there. Also, I would like to know if the "bridge" picture was sent to anyone in particular and to point out that CH was not in that picture.
There are traffic cams or plate readers on top of all three sets of traffic lights at the Rodd Field- Williams “T” intersection (pointing in both directions on Rodd Field) and WNW up Williams towards Coastal Pain Mgmt.

There is a short bridge over that canal back down at Ennis Joslin Rd - just a couple hundred feet from the entrance to The Cottages.

The canal has water in it and appears to be about 30’ wide down near The Cottages but narrows to about 18’ wide up closer to Rodd Field Rd. / Williams intersection (it’s wide again though right at (close to) the intersection). I can’t tell where the canal goes from there - it seems to dead end at Rodd Field Rd /Williams

It certainly is possible that CH (or perhaps somebody carrying his phone) could have taken that route walking WNW along the canal to get from The Cottages up to Rodd Field Rd area - though there is heavy grass near the banks. The distance is about 4100 feet (4/5 mi).

There are several good size concrete culvert pipe openings on both sides of the canal as you work your way WNW. Traveling along the canal could possibly explain the lack of any cctv (only a cam on the back of one of the houses south of the canal, pointing at the canal would pick anybody up walking that route). To the right (almost the entire north side of the canal) is a field.

Jmo

Just bringing this forth here. It’s a screenshot from the Emily Mueller Wich interview video of Caleb’s parents. I believe it is the 3:03 AM Snapchat of the “bridge”.

Have we heard from those who know him if this photo is an unusual one from Caleb, different from his usual Snapchats? Why would he take this photo?

IMG_0296.jpeg

this may be a super stupid Q but has anyone ever gone to the trouble of ordering Uber Eats and then just got let us say "distracted" and wandered off or left and did not bother to pick it up? To me, even if you are drunk or impaired or whatever, if you are actually bothering to order food, don't you usually wait for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea