TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some reason the 3:03am Snapchat of the bridge isn't included in the timeline here? Is that not verified? If so, is it the time or the actual existence that's unverified? But we've seen the actual bridge photo, so it's obviously real. Maybe they're not sure when it was taken? So where did the 3:03 a.m. time come from?

And how does that fit in with the timeline entry of "2:58 a.m. Caleb's phone is turned off, or dies"?

Doesn't your phone have to be ON to send a Snapchat photo (or is it video?) (I don't use Snapchat.) So do they think the phone was turned BACK on just to take this pic, and then it went back off again? Is it possible that the bridge pic was taken accidentally/unknowingly? It looks like a pic taken on purpose though, not all off-center/oddly-skewed like most of my accidentally-taken pics are.

And he sent this bridge pic to his sister? I guess he didn't caption it or add any comment with it at all? Wonder if she was asleep when she got it and also if she responded to it?
I don't know why the 3:03 a.m. ping doesn't appear in the timeline. Perhaps the author wasn't aware of it.

The source is Caleb's parents, who said the last COMMUNICATION was the SnapChat with Caleb's sister. Then, after a subpoena was served on the phone provider, they learned there was activity, IE: a PING (no photo, no video AFAIK) at 3:03 a.m.

They also confirmed that his phone was off at 2:58 a.m.

The Wich video is on YouTube and will have a transcript. I'll post in a sec... MOO

MISSING: Caleb Harris - March 4, 2024 Corpus Christi TX

[...]

2:04
he uh was last seen um are heard from
2:09
about 2:45 in the morning um and we have
2:12
a last ping on his phone just after 3:
2:15
um right in that area and um his
2:18
roommate called me the next day that
2:20
Monday about 3:00 in the afternoon and
2:23
had already called the campus police and
2:26
called the Corpus Christie police and um

[...]

3:22
Caleb um was and so we started looking
3:25
at everybody that had um snapped him or
3:29
texted him or had talked to him and we
3:32
came up with that he was we knew that he
3:35
was fishing that afternoon um Sunday
3:37
afternoon and then um by like 11:00 or
3:41
so he was talking to his friend from uh
3:43
new bronold [New Braunfels] Christian Academy for that
3:45
lives in Colorado and then um after that
3:48
um he was um with his friends about 1:00
3:52
and we have some um footage of him with
3:55
his uh with one of his roommates and one
3:57
of his friends playing with the dog in
3:59
the parking lot

[...]

um at what point did k Caleb leave the
4:30
apartment um we determined that um the
4:34
latest communication via technology was
4:36
to my daughter and um it was a picture
4:39
of the puppy at about 2:45 in the
4:41
morning we know his phone pinged at 3 a
4:45
little after 3: um but we're not sure um
4:49
exactly where he was or if he would he
4:52
had contacted anybody with that pink
4:55
phone actually quit working at 258 but
4:58
there were some
5:00
uh after getting uh subpoena with AT&T
5:04
we found that there was a couple
5:06
other something pinging on the phone
5:08
after

[...]

5:28
that yeah have the information from AT&T
5:31
uh the initial location was not accurate
5:35
um once we got some better technology uh
5:38
they were able to narrow it down to
5:40
another location within a um Square uh
5:44
that that's where they felt like the
5:45
phone actually was at some
5:58
point

[...]

up especially at 3:00 in the morning you
6:12
know not uncommon you know when he was
6:14
working at at the movie theater you you
6:17
know he'd get in at 2:00 in the morning

[...]

Rangers are involved uh we we have
7:02
another group of
7:05
of retired and current FBI CIA uh people
7:11
that are are going to be kind of coming
7:13
in and and and helping Bridge some gaps
[...]

... and then we are
7:30
offering a reward that we just announced
7:32
today for the safe return of Caleb and
7:35
we'll be putting that out all over

[...]

8:12
data cyber data that they're looking at
8:15
uh from his laptop um to the phone data
8:20
anything that we can use to find a a
8:24
another lead that they can go

[...]

yes so what what we are doing is is
9:46
initially we did we did this as well
9:47
within the apartment complex within area
9:50
businesses looking at every business we
9:52
could that has a ring ring camera or
9:54
some type of security camera monitoring
9:56
their business a lot of them are monitor
9:59
Ed remotely and so uh they've had to
10:02
contact the security companies to get
10:04
that information from them but we
10:06
definitely we really reaching out to
10:08
everybody to check your cameras check
10:11
the time frame between 2:00 and 4: in
10:13
the morning they've written a lot of
10:15
warrants a lot of subpoenas um obviously
10:18
we have a judge down there that's right
10:19
on top of it ...

[...]

Anybody else bothered by the reporting missing at 11 am by roommates but not telling parents till 3pm? How did roommates know for sure he wasn’t with parents? What does that 911 call sound like? I’m curious.

Noting:

Harris and his roommates spend the evening outside with their new dog. A little after 1 a.m., he heads back inside and sends a Snapchat to his sister at 2:44 a.m. A minute later, Caleb Harris orders food through Uber Eats. When the Uber Eats driver arrives at 3:20 a.m., Harris is not in front of his apartment to accept the delivery, so the food is left at the doorstep.

When Caleb Harris’s roommates begin their day, they open the front door to find the Uber Eats food Caleb ordered still at the door. The roommates are looking for Harris. At 11 a.m. the roommates file a missing person report with police and notify Texas A&M Corpus Christi campus security that Harris is missing.

At 3 p.m., the parents Randy and Becky Harris are told their son is missing.

MISSING: Caleb Harris - March 4, 2024

3:41
so he was talking to his friend from uh
3:43
new bronold [New Braunfels] Christian Academy for that
3:45
lives in Colorado
and then um after that
3:48
um he was um with his friends about 1:00
3:52
and we have some um footage of him with
BBM

Well, that explains why the investigation involves New Braunfels. I'd be interested to know if Caleb said anything of interest to the friend. Otherwise, why would the investigation lead them to San Antonio or New Braunfels?

MAR 26, 2024
The investigation has expanded to other South Texas cities of New Braunfels and San Antonio to conduct interviews with potential witnesses.

Anybody else bothered by the reporting missing at 11 am by roommates but not telling parents till 3pm? How did roommates know for sure he wasn’t with parents? What does that 911 call sound like? I’m curious.

I was just rolling that over in my mind. I'm glad that the roommate called Caleb in missing so soon to get things underway. I wonder, how did the roommate know at 11 am that it was serious enough to report him missing?

My guess as to why they waited to call the parents is that perhaps they were hoping the police would find Caleb and that they would never have to phone the parents.

Well, this is interesting. San Antonio is about 2 hours away from Texas A&M and New Bruanfels is about 30 minutes from San Antonio. A kid goes missing at 3 am and the investigation is leading them 2 hours away to a different city??

Caleb's Facebook says he's from New Braunfels, so my guess is they were probably talking to friends, relatives, former teachers, etc. who might have seen him or talked to him. (Caleb Harris)

Our grandkid lives in San Antonio; it's only about half an hour from New Braunfels. We've driven to and through New Braunfels a number of times. Pretty town.

OMG, the reporting in this case is insane! :eek: Now we're back to the 3:03 a.m. time NOT being a ping but a SnapChat of the bridge, and the phone died AFTER that...

MAR 26, 2024
[...]

At around 3:03 a.m., Caleb sent a Snapchat to his best friend at a bridge next to his apartment complex. Then, his phone either died or was turned off shortly after.

[...]

Assistant Chief Todd Green with the Corpus Christi Police Department confirmed that the food order was delivered at 3:20 a.m. The Uber driver, identified as a female driver, was questioned and cleared.

“She did report seeing one other vehicle leaving the parking lot. We believe we have identified the driver of that vehicle and have eliminated that individual as a suspect,” he said.

[...]

Lots of info here. Caleb’s father and LE both are interviewed. Wish I had time to summarize.

Wow, lots of new (to me) information here.

First, apparently LE don’t think CH (or his phone) was ever over near Rodd Field Rd., the pain management place, Williams, Holly, etc. They think he disappeared from right there outside his apartment (this is my interpretation of the crime online audio).

To me this resolves the barefoot question. No issues being barefoot inside your apt or just outside it in the parking lot for a little while - either walking the dog - or waiting for UE.

And since it seems LE thinks whatever happened to CH, happened right there (again, my interpretation of what was said), it seems that he WAS out waiting for UE (something I thought was unlikely before hearing this).

LE cannot explain how a snapchat of the foggy bridge right there at The Cottages was sent to one of CH’s friends at 3:03 am - when they are certain that his phone was dead or turned off at 2:58 am. I got the impression that they (LE) think this discrepancy might be explained by a server issue or some other tech or app or signal or carrier issue (again, that’s just how I understood the comments).

Yesterday I was wondering whether CH actually took the bridge photo / snap - or if perhaps it was taken by somebody else using his phone - but I now assume it had to have been him as it was sent to one of his friends.

Apparently the UE driver saw a car leaving The Cottages as she came into the complex to deliver the order. LE has supposedly identified and spoken to the individual in the car who was leaving.

Apparently that person (the one leaving) was a friend of somebody else who lived in the apartment complex, and they were headed back to where they lived (I think I caught this as being San Antonio
/ New Braunfels, but will have to re-listen). LE apparently do not believe this individual was involved in CH’s disappearance. But, I wonder if CH knew that individual, given the San Antonio / New Braunfels connection? Maybe they should re-interview him/her. Btw, everything in this paragraph - in fact everything in this post - is just my opinion and / or pure speculation.

So, what could have happened right outside the apartment complex between 2:58 am and 3:20 am when the UE driver showed up. I’ve read before that LE has checked out the UE driver and don’t feel like she was involved. The one remaining roommate reportedly went to bed at around 2 am. I think the other / third roommate and his friend (who was seen on the 1 am dog walk video) went to that roommate’s girlfriend’s place, but I’m not sure.

The impression I got was that the roommates had grown up together, been best friends since they grade school. New Braunfels area. Sounds like they all went to a private Christian school there.

There obviously was a ring cam at the area of the parking lot where they were seen walking the dog closer to 1 am., but I’m guessing there was no camera in the area of the apt pkg lot facing that bridge.

And certainly one of the strangest things of all is the phone being dead/turned off at 2:58 am. Yes the explanation could be as simple and innocent as: it ran it of power, - but if it didn’t, it might mean that something happened in a wider window of time, say from 2:45 am (after the UE order was placed) up to 3:20 am.

This something happening between 2:45 am and 2:58 however, would also mean (to me) that somebody else probably took the bridge snap (which I still think is unlikely - though I suppose the snap could have been taken by somebody else using CH’s phone who also knew the friend CH sent the snap to..) - and then turned off the phone (again, if it didn’t just run out of power). If it was intentionally turned off, that would almost have to have been pre-planned (by either CH or somebody who took CH’s phone), wouldn’t it? All speculation

Lastly, from the crime online audio.. what an amazing job LE is doing, the resources and organizations that are involved is really impressive: local LE, CC, Texas Rangers, FBI, US Marshals Service, IT / social media analysis, search and rescue orgs, dogs, volunteers - and I’ve probably forgotten a few.

It’s so bizarre. What could have happened to Caleb Harris?

All jmo.

Last edited:
The crime online article is the first I’ve seen a time stated that his UE order was placed: he sent a Snapchat to his sister at 2:44 am and placed an order to UE a minute later.

If that’s true, and he placed the order as one of the last things he needed to do before going to bed, then I don’t believe he’s voluntarily missing for any reason. In the beginning, his dad said a few times that they just wanted Caleb to come home and be ok, that he’s not in any trouble, which made me think there was information known to the family that possibly he HAD left for some reason.

Everything he did that day points to a kid who had plans.

About that 3am bridge snap to his friend while he was waiting for his order- perhaps he fell off the bridge into water? Which would shut off the phone at a similar time
Jmo
I just finished listening to Crime Online and it was stated that the night/early morning that Caleb went missing there was only about a foot of water in that canal. They have also searched it several times including with bloodhounds and other search dogs.

Re: the time discrepancy -- when my phone dies, sometimes a Snap will be showing as still sending on my end at that moment, but I find out when I charge it that it made it through at that time after all. My guess -- not a tech person, just a frequent Snapper -- is that if it gets to a certain point in the process, it's irrelevant that the sending device is dead, the data is already somewhere else.

LE cannot explain how a snapchat of the foggy bridge right there at The Cottages was sent to one of CH’s friends at 3:03 am - when they are certain that his phone was dead or turned off at 2:58 am.
From the conversation:
High level of confidence Caleb's phone was on walkway in front of Cottages and took bridge photo and phone died.
Not seeing he was ever on the bridge; area has been thoroughly searched.

Eventually, a Tech explanation for Snapchat time 3:03, not concerning, battery died 2:58 AM.
Common for Caleb's battery to die, uses phone constantly for postings, photos, texts, etc.
Uber driver entering complex and other driver leaving, verify each other and not seeing anyone else.

Unless interrupted, I think Caleb would have headed right back to his apartment to charge his phone. We don't know if he usually tracked his Uber delivery or not.
My guess is that there is no video at entrance to complex so not known if other cars in or out, not known if Caleb walked back in from the walkway (he wasn't far from the entrance and doesn't seem he would climb over the fencing).
That leaves a tiny window for anything to happen outside the complex, right out on a well-lit, open walkway/street. Unless the last photo was an attempt to capture something to do with an event.
If something happened to him just after he made the food order, would someone really have had the presence of mind to get out to the walkway and take a pic of the bridge to get the attention away from the apartments, minutes after doing something to him?
I hate this theory but it's possible he went right back to his apartment after taking the photo, and he died, and the roommates panicked.

First, apparently LE don’t think CH (or his phone) was ever over near Rodd Field Rd., the pain management place, Williams, Holly, etc. They think he disappeared from right there outside his apartment (this is my interpretation of the crime online audio).
The Dad is the one offering this information and there is discussion that it can't be said for sure that the 3:12 AM ping means the phone was precisely in that location but that it might not be wrong either. My question would be, if he was near the Cottages at 3:00 AM and vanished from that location, did his phone go with him? Wouldn't it be logical for it to ping somewhere nearby if it left the apartment complex area at about 3:12 AM, no matter how or why he left?

1711518413310.png

“He was a very scheduled individual. He was texting me photos of fishing lures earlier in the evening of what he was planning on using the next day,” Randy Harris said. “Everything was looking good, He had good grades. There’s no indication of anything.”

Authorities have described the three week search as “exhaustive” and “unsuccessful” after searching hundreds of acres surrounding Harris’ apartment complex on Ennis Joslin Road.

The investigation has expanded to other South Texas cities of New Braunfels and San Antonio to conduct interviews with potential witnesses.

“Despite these exhaustive efforts, investigators still have not settled upon a motive for Harris’ strange disappearance, nor identified a suspect or person of interest,” Corpus Christi PD said on March 20.

Priscilla Carlisle, who helps run a missing persons group discussion on Facebook, "Missing: Talk of Caleb Harris," encourages people to visit the page if they want to organize a group search or join an upcoming one.

"We want to publicize the callouts to get more people involved in searches, to come out on weekends, if they're available," she said.

"We've gotten suggestions from people about places that need searching and to let them know where we've looked," Carlisle said. "We're working to cover as much ground as possible while making sure people are prepared, come in protective clothing and don't search alone."

<modsnip: not an approved FB group>

Last edited by a moderator:
I need visuals to help orientate me in a case. Using Google Earth, I have made some screenshots of the area around the Cottages complex where Caleb lived and the bridge which was depicted in the last photo from his phone, (in case there are others like me who are trying to picture the area).
I have a couple of questions, if anyone can help.
Using the overhead shot of the complex, can anyone point out the approximate location of Caleb’s apartment?
Do we know if the gates were operational that evening? If so did Caleb take his phone outside to buzz in the Uber Eats driver and/or check approximate arrival time?
There is a second exit from the complex on Williams Dr. Could he have exited from this area?
Could he have walked out the main gate to wait for the driver, noticed the foggy bridge scene that looked interesting, and walked down to take the photo. (I placed a marker on a general location from where the photo was likely taken. We don’t know if the cellphone camera was zoomed in or image cropped in the publicized photo.)
Is it possible that he walked back into the complex and caught someone attempting to break into a vehicle, confronted them, and was grabbed?
I apologize if any of these questions were answered in previous posts. Tried to read them all, but might have missed something.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpeg
    IMG_0308.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 50
I don't think he is a victim of a mugging type crime, there was nothing about him that suggested that he had anything of value on him. He didn't even have shoes on.
There has been nothing to even suggest that he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs or that he was impaired at all.
So, if he stepped outside and walked around to wait for the UberEats to arrive, what could have happened to make him disappear from the area with no trace?
I think he was hit by a motor vehicle in the fog and the driver panicked and put him in the trunk and drove him well out of the area and left his body. This accounts for the abrupt cessation of activity from his phone and despite massive searches, no body near-by. Also, no ring camera or any other camera evidence of him in going back into his apartment.
MOO MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member