TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it has been reported that the second car leaving the lot when UE driver was pulling in has been cleared as not being involved but we also know that LE do not have to be truthful and do not have to report everything to media, or release everything during an ongoing investigation. I'm more curious about that second car, (who was in it, what was it doing there, why was it leaving then, etc.) given all that has been reported so far.

I know it has been reported that the second car leaving the lot when UE driver was pulling in has been cleared as not being involved but we also know that LE do not have to be truthful and do not have to report everything to media, or release everything during an ongoing investigation. I'm more curious about that second car, (who was in it, what was it doing there, why was it leaving then, etc.) given all that has been reported so far.
Nancy Grace

[at 12:10/47:39 of video]
According to the above episode from yesterday, the second car seen leaving the complex by the Uber Eats driver was an individual who was living in San Antonio and had a girlfriend at the complex whom he was visiting over the weekend. He said he left the complex at about 3:30am to return to San Antonio where he had to be at his job. The driver of second car also reported seeing the Uber Eats driver arriving at the complex when he was leaving. This info was provided by Asst. Chief Todd Green, Corpus Christi PD, who appeared on Nancy Grace panel.

One of the things that worries me, Corpus Christi is literally surrounded by water. I'm curious if Caleb and his friends had been drinking that night. What state of mind was he in when he took that bridge picture?

MOO: The only theory I can come up with that seems possible and fits the current evidence is that Caleb was hit by a car while waiting outside wandering around (I pace around when I’m waiting). He snapped the pic of the bridge as, or right after he was hit and didn’t necessarily mean to send the snap. The driver freaked out and took the possibly unconscious or worse Caleb to hide the accident. I could see another college student not seeing him in the dark, possibly driving while intoxicated, who would be terrified of the consequences, taking him and turning off his phone. It’s too bad there isn’t more video footage.

I don't think he is a victim of a mugging type crime, there was nothing about him that suggested that he had anything of value on him. He didn't even have shoes on.
There has been nothing to even suggest that he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs or that he was impaired at all.
So, if he stepped outside and walked around to wait for the UberEats to arrive, what could have happened to make him disappear from the area with no trace?
I think he was hit by a motor vehicle in the fog and the driver panicked and put him in the trunk and drove him well out of the area and left his body. This accounts for the abrupt cessation of activity from his phone and despite massive searches, no body near-by. Also, no ring camera or any other camera evidence of him in going back into his apartment.
MOO MOO MOO MOO
I think that is a very good possibility. My only problem with the theory is that, as far as we know, there does not seem to be evidence of a pedestrian/mv accident. Very few accidents with pedestrians being hit leave no trace. There is usually glass, blood, fender pieces, tire marks, etc.
There is a concrete walkway that runs parallel to the road. From the angle of the last cellphone photo, it looks as though Caleb was standing on the walkway when it was taken. There is a grass median the runs between the roadway and the walkway. If a vehicle had jumped the curb and hit Caleb on the walkway, there would be very discernible tire markings on the grass.
It’s possible that a vehicle leaving the apartment complex could have struck Caleb, but I still believe there would be some forensic evidence at the scene.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 24
I wonder if he took the picture to show someone picking him up exactly where he was, but also sent it to his sister just because, or by mistake. It's fairly easy to tap the wrong person in your friends list, or to send to the last person you Snapped instead of selecting someone else.

I think that is a very good possibility. My only problem with the theory is that, as far as we know, there does not seem to be evidence of a pedestrian/mv accident. Very few accidents with pedestrians being hit leave no trace. There is usually glass, blood, fender pieces, tire marks, etc.
There is a concrete walkway that runs parallel to the road. From the angle of the last cellphone photo, it looks as though Caleb was standing on the walkway when it was taken. There is a grass median the runs between the roadway and the walkway. If a vehicle had jumpe beend the curb and hit Caleb on the walkway, there would be very discernible tire markings on the grass.
It’s possible that a vehicle leaving the apartment complex could have struck Caleb, but I still believe there would be some forensic evidence at the scene.
I wonder if LE thought to check that area with that in mind in the first week or so. Continued traffic over the area may have spread the broken glass or large pieces may have been picked up, but you are right, tire marks in that grass would still be noticeable.

We can only hope the same for Caleb. Unfortunately, I think too much time has passed for a scenario such as this to have occurred in which Caleb was injured, but alive.
Also, without any seemingly promising leads, if CCPD thought Caleb had been hit, they would have requested the public to report any vehicle with suspicious front end damage.

I have never had an interest in a missing person case before. Some reason, this one bothers me, maybe it is the mystery of it all. I wish to voice my thoughts and summarize.

The roommates are above suspicion, friends for years. The doorbell cam at 1:00 shows three guys apparently happy and sober.

I pondered if he really controlled the phone during the bridge picture, SnapChat video to sister, and the UberEats order. I guess few criminals would do all of that with someone else's phone, but it would throw off the search.

The video snippet of the dog-walk embedded in the Wich interview sure looks like broad daylight, based upon the dog's shadow. I guess if the phone enhanced the light or color, maybe artificial light? There is uncertainty about whether he walked the dog after 2 a.m., but really not relevant as he was there to return the dog to the apartment.

The father says something about a video with certainty of bare feet. Where is that video? The doorbell cam at 1:00 a.m. shows no feet. I have a hard time believing he had no footwear.

I read that a search was done of the drainage canal, and that it was only a foot deep that day. That was where the 3:03 a.m. photo of the foggy bridge was made and sent, and around the time the phone stopped. He was 250 feet outside of the gate and fenced perimeter, maybe walking or maybe waiting for UberEats driver. She arrived at 3:20 and no sign of Caleb.

There were no signs of a car-pedestrian collision or a car jumping the curb. We are told that the cell ping at 3:12 near the pain management clinic was an error. If so, then why wasn't Caleb around the apartment at 3:20 a.m.? Of course, it wouldn't make sense for his phone to be off during the 9-minute interlude. I fear the police are strategically concealing something at that location for investigative purposes.

I feel certain he had an encounter outside that perimeter fence, between 2:58 and 3:20. Maybe a nefarious passerby or if someone arrived that he mistakenly thought was the UberEats driver. There was an Uber case in Florida of similar fate. Maybe it is the Ockham's Razor principle that we should focus on the simplest, easiest, and most logical cause. But then, the type of criminal out at 3 a.m. does not normally kidnap grown men.

By now, the cops would have done cell phone tracking and geofencing, so they should know if any other phones were around the canal, or between the canal and the pain management clinic, bewteen 2:58 and 3:12 a.m. So, we are all behind the learning curve here.

I have two kids away at college and this is every parent's worst nightmare. My heart aches for the parents. I think Caleb's case kind of took a backseat in the media to Riley's disappearance for a few reasons. Biggest is that there were so many videos of Riley and also the notoriety of Nashville. With Caleb, we have them playing with the puppy and then nothing. It's so remote and no cameras caught anything, so there is really not much to go on.

Does anyone know if the standard questions have been raised and/or answered? Did Caleb have a girlfriend? Or an ex? Or perhaps a romantic adversary? Did he have any enemies? What did he do for work? Was there a disgruntled coworker, or customer or something? And what about drugs? He doesn't seem the type, but is there a chance he was meeting up with someone to buy some drugs or go in a car with someone willingly and something happened offsite?

Finally, the timeline is really bothering me. From what I understand, the video with the dog is around 1 am. Is that right? Then the Uber Eats at 3 am? And had school or work or something in the morning? Now I realize these are college kids and their sleep schedules are all over the place, but when was he planning to sleep? I thought I heard he had an early day so maybe might have gotten two or three hours?

The ring camera footage showing them walking the dog in the parking lot... was that taken from Caleb & roomies camera? Or another apartment ring cam? Caleb looks almost directly at the camera and smiles... I've wondered who was he smiling at?I n

From what I understand it is from another building not theirs. I noticed that too. Looks like they all were communicating with someone. I assume it was a person saying how cute the puppy was or something like that. They all seemed very happy and having a great time.

The ring camera footage showing them walking the dog in the parking lot... was that taken from Caleb & roomies camera? Or another apartment ring cam? Caleb looks almost directly at the camera and smiles... I've wondered who was he smiling at?

“About five town homes down the way, one of the girls went back and there was a [surveillance] video at about 1:00 with him, his roommate, and future roommate walking the dog,” said Randy.

Could it be plausible that he intended to meet with someone he met online, and was using the Snapchat of the bridge to signal his exact location for pickup?

Or has the recipient of the Snapchat been identified?

Anybody else bothered by the reporting missing at 11 am by roommates but not telling parents till 3pm? How did roommates know for sure he wasn’t with parents? What does that 911 call sound like? I’m curious.
Is it possible the roommates didn’t want to alarm Caleb’s parents and waited to see if he would return? Unfortunately, IMO, that call to Caleb’s parents must have been one of the hardest things they’ve ever had to do.

From what I understand it is from another building not theirs. I noticed that too. Looks like they all were communicating with someone. I assume it was a person saying how cute the puppy was or something like that. They all seemed very happy and having a great time.

“About five town homes down the way, one of the girls went back and there was a [surveillance] video at about 1:00 with him, his roommate, and future roommate walking the dog,” said Randy.

Thank you both! Obviously, I missed that info.

I have never had an interest in a missing person case before. Some reason, this one bothers me, maybe it is the mystery of it all. I wish to voice my thoughts and summarize.

The roommates are above suspicion, friends for years. The doorbell cam at 1:00 shows three guys apparently happy and sober.

I pondered if he really controlled the phone during the bridge picture, SnapChat video to sister, and the UberEats order. I guess few criminals would do all of that with someone else's phone, but it would throw off the search.

The video snippet of the dog-walk embedded in the Wich interview sure looks like broad daylight, based upon the dog's shadow. I guess if the phone enhanced the light or color, maybe artificial light? There is uncertainty about whether he walked the dog after 2 a.m., but really not relevant as he was there to return the dog to the apartment.

The father says something about a video with certainty of bare feet. Where is that video? The doorbell cam at 1:00 a.m. shows no feet. I have a hard time believing he had no footwear.

I read that a search was done of the drainage canal, and that it was only a foot deep that day. That was where the 3:03 a.m. photo of the foggy bridge was made and sent, and around the time the phone stopped. He was 250 feet outside of the gate and fenced perimeter, maybe walking or maybe waiting for UberEats driver. She arrived at 3:20 and no sign of Caleb.

There were no signs of a car-pedestrian collision or a car jumping the curb. We are told that the cell ping at 3:12 near the pain management clinic was an error. If so, then why wasn't Caleb around the apartment at 3:20 a.m.? Of course, it wouldn't make sense for his phone to be off during the 9-minute interlude. I fear the police are strategically concealing something at that location for investigative purposes.

I feel certain he had an encounter outside that perimeter fence, between 2:58 and 3:20. Maybe a nefarious passerby or if someone arrived that he mistakenly thought was the UberEats driver. There was an Uber case in Florida of similar fate. Maybe it is the Ockham's Razor principle that we should focus on the simplest, easiest, and most logical cause. But then, the type of criminal out at 3 a.m. does not normally kidnap grown men.

By now, the cops would have done cell phone tracking and geofencing, so they should know if any other phones were around the canal, or between the canal and the pain management clinic, bewteen 2:58 and 3:12 a.m. So, we are all behind the learning curve here.
Good thoughts! Welcome to Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member