Try to have some compassion

I wish I could believe you are right. Unfortunately, my experience says that at least one of these parents will continue to blame others and never face the truth.
I don't believe that they are bad people, I just think they screwed up and don't know when to back down.
I do not know how the story will end csds. IMO, if the smell from the car was truly from caylee, there will be plenty of conclusive forensic decomp evidence to prove it was Caylee. When that evidence is revealed it will be hard for Cindy and George to deny what happened.
I cannot imagine at that moment what will happen to this family.
I am only suggesting that their refusal to accept that Casey killed Caylee is not unreasonable at this time. But if she did in fact kill that precious angel, George and Cindy will have to grieve for their daughter and their granddaughter and THAT is when the compassion is going to be oh so critical.
I do not think they have hindered the investigation in any way. They have voluntarily turned over evidence, their car, their home and even admitted that their daughter was covering up something. They are at the end of their ropes with the scrutiny, the media, the insults, the ugliness that is aimed directly at them. I don;t even know how they get up in the morning.

I don't have any idea why this family has not employed someone who can help them find Caylee. Perhaps they've been offered help and have declined that help -- I don't know.

Again, showing compassion for someone does not mean you condone their behavior. Compassion can simply mean staying out of the way and not heaping insults toward another human being when they're down.

The mob mentality is something we see over and over again when something like this happens. Do you honestly feel the folks hanging around the Anthony home -- some with little children in their arms -- were behaving in a rational and adult manner? They were not and further, they were teaching those little ones that type behavior is acceptable as well! So how do you think THOSE children will behave when they're older, given similar circumstances? See how this cycle starts?

And yes, certainly, if you have an extremely dysfuntional family, there very well may be a disconnect with other family members and friends. I would hope that perhaps a priest or minister or someone well versed in this type situation, has at the minimum, offered their support. If the family choose to not accept that support, then that's their issue and they'll have to suffer the consequences with that decision. As I've said, there are many lessons to be learned here by this family. I don't know who all has been in touch with the Anthony's, but I would hope that SOMEONE has tried to reach out to them.

Again, if someone has tried and the Anthony's have refused to accept the proffered help, that's something they'll have to live with.

I do not know how the story will end csds. IMO, if the smell from the car was truly from caylee, there will be plenty of conclusive forensic decomp evidence to prove it was Caylee. When that evidence is revealed it will be hard for Cindy and George to deny what happened.
I cannot imagine at that moment what will happen to this family.
I am only suggesting that their refusal to accept that Casey killed Caylee is not unreasonable at this time. But if she did in fact kill that precious angel, George and Cindy will have to grieve for their daughter and their granddaughter and THAT is when the compassion is going to be oh so critical.
I do not think they have hindered the investigation in any way. They have voluntarily turned over evidence, their car, their home and even admitted that their daughter was covering up something. They are at the end of their ropes with the scrutiny, the media, the insults, the ugliness that is aimed directly at them. I don;t even know how they get up in the morning.

Well I certainly hope we don't have another Peterson family on our hands.

I wish you were wrong about the outcome, but it certainly does look like Caylee is dead. I don't want to speculate about Casey's involvement out of fairness and due to the lack of any evidence to her involvement at this time.
If her parents are covering up for her, they don't need my forgiveness.
I am certainly not their Lord and Savior. I leave that to the Big Guy.

I don't have any idea why this family has not employed someone who can help them find Caylee. Perhaps they've been offered help and have declined that help -- I don't know.

Again, showing compassion for someone does not mean you condone their behavior. Compassion can simply mean staying out of the way and not heaping insults toward another human being when they're down.

The mob mentality is something we see over and over again when something like this happens. Do you honestly feel the folks hanging around the Anthony home -- some with little children in their arms -- were behaving in a rational and adult manner? They were not and further, they were teaching those little ones that type behavior is acceptable as well! So how do you think THOSE children will behave when they're older, given similar circumstances? See how this cycle starts?

And yes, certainly, if you have an extremely dysfuntional family, there very well may be a disconnect with other family members and friends. I would hope that perhaps a priest or minister or someone well versed in this type situation, has at the minimum, offered their support. If the family choose to not accept that support, then that's their issue and they'll have to suffer the consequences with that decision. As I've said, there are many lessons to be learned here by this family. I don't know who all has been in touch with the Anthony's, but I would hope that SOMEONE has tried to reach out to them.
Again, if someone has tried and the Anthony's have refused to accept the proffered help, that's something they'll have to live with.

That is just unacceptable IMO. I feel no need to to harass the family, that just brings you down to the level you are accusing them of.

Even if Caylee is still alive, which I truly hope for with all my heart and soul, Casey has done nothing to help her cause.
Her phone conversations and general attitude are the actions of someone who is guilty of something.
There is a baby missing, of course people are going to be outraged.
We see a mother who was out partying, again, should we give her a hug.
She should have called the cops the moment she lost sight of her.

I will admit I agree with some of this!

Oh, JBean, you've said a mouthful!

I agree with you -- it's obviously far too early in the game for Cindy and George to truly, on a waking, conscious level at least, absorb the fact their daughter is the killer of that beautiful little girl. I honestly believe that both Cindy and George know on SOME deep down level, the truth about Casey and what she's done. But they are far, far from the point they can ACCEPT this is what has happened. I think they'd probably fall apart at the seams if they were at a point when they honestly believed this to be the truth. They're not ready...

OMG...I just cannot imagine how they get up in the morning! There are still chores to be done, showers to be taken, meals to prepare, laundry to be done -- it must be so difficult for them to just get up in the morning. I'd want to stay in bed in a fetal position and just stay there -- I couldn't bear the thought of getting up and facing another hellish day.

I have never believed that saying, "God helps those who help themselves."

Remember that (spiritual) poem about the footprints? As I've said, I'm not a religious person, but I have always, always loved that poem -- it truly speaks of the spirit of compassion.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach,
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was only one.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish,
sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,
so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,
my child, is when I carried you.”

I think some posters have lost there minds!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but if you mean "their minds" and you're referring to my comment, see my post following my last post.

You don't know my background and I don't care to post it here, but suffice to say, I have seen the monsters who injured their children and people who could have done something - look the other way. I've watched sweet little children suffer under so-called reunification plans and watched them turn into bitter, angry teens and later, into damaged adults. I've been in the Children's Hospital in the area reserved for abuse exams. I've sat in a courtroom to watch a parade of normal looking people who are accused of horrors no child should have inflicted on them. I've known children damaged in ways you can't imagine are even possible. Do I think their abusers deserve compassion? NO

My previous comments were entirely on the merit of having compassion for everyone. I reserve my compassion for the helpless, the innocent and those who don't have a voice.

I am sorry for the Anthony family troubles, I don't wish them any harm. They certainly didn't invite America to witness their tragedy. That being said, they were fully aware that Casey was stealing and failing to mature. At any time, they could have let Casey face the consequences. For every parent who says they don't know where their child went wrong, and unless that child is truly mentally ill, I can assure you that people and family members who knew that child when it was young can tell you about the missed opportunities to help that child become a responsible adult.

The Anthony's also don't live in bubble, they are aware that children of young, single and uneducated mothers are very often the victims of crimes. Do you know how many children die or are left with permanent damage at the hands of Mommy's boyfriend every day in this country? You might see Cindy as distraught Grandmother, which she is, but I also see someone who barely contains her anger and couches it with "honey" and "sweetie" without sincerity. Think about this: was Casey born a liar or did she develop those skills to protect herself from an angry parent?

Their time to be vigilant over Casey was almost gone, it was Caylee's turn. Caylee didn't have a parent who know how to parent herself let alone a child, and I don't think that was news to the Anthony family.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but if you mean "their minds" and you're referring to my comment, see my post following my last post.

You don't know my background and I don't care to post it here, but suffice to say, I have seen the monsters who injured their children and people who could have done something - look the other way. I've watched sweet little children suffer under so-called reunification plans and watched them turn into bitter, angry teens and later, into damaged adults. I've been in the Children's Hospital in the area reserved for abuse exams. I've sat in a courtroom to watch a parade of normal looking people who are accused of horrors no child should have inflicted on them. I've known children damaged in ways you can't imagine are even possible. Do I think their abusers deserve compassion? NO

My previous comments were entirely on the merit of having compassion for everyone. I reserve my compassion for the helpless, the innocent and those who don't have a voice.

I am sorry for the Anthony family troubles, I don't wish them any harm. They certainly didn't invite America to witness their tragedy. That being said, they were fully aware that Casey was stealing and failing to mature. At any time, they could have let Casey face the consequences. For every parent who says they don't know where their child went wrong, and unless that child is truly mentally ill, I can assure you that people and family members who knew that child when it was young can tell you about the missed opportunities to help that child become a responsible adult.

The Anthony's also don't live in bubble, they are aware that children of young, single and uneducated mothers are very often the victims of crimes. Do you know how many children die or are left with permanent damage at the hands of Mommy's boyfriend every day in this country? You might see Cindy as distraught Grandmother, which she is, but I also see someone who barely contains her anger and couches it with "honey" and "sweetie" without sincerity. Think about this: was Casey born a liar or did she develop those skills to protect herself from an angry parent?

Their time to be vigilant over Casey was almost gone, it was Caylee's turn. Caylee didn't have a parent who know how to parent herself let alone a child, and I don't think that was news to the Anthony family.

This was not directed at you, I am sorry if you thought that. It was a general statement as I read through all of the treads not just this one.

Well, after all is said and done, it's at least heartwarming that so many feel so strongly about what's happened to this little girl. At least people CARE -- care enough to squabble about it on public forums...

I just wish and hope this family can find some peace -- it is so obvious this young mother has done something horrendous and is now covering up what she's done. I keep hoping against all hope, this little girl will somehow, magically appear -- another Elizabeth Smart situation. But that's not going to happen, I'm afraid.

And speaking of the Smart situation -- look how 'that' poor family was crucified. Her father was accused of all sorts of sundry, tawdry things...and this was an exceptional family. Very stable, loving and caring, yet they, too, suffered the consequences of a news media and public gone amok. Sometimes, this behavior is just mind-boggling...

I feel compassion for the Anthony's for the loss of their grandaughter not for defending the actions and coddling of their daughter. I can understand not wanting to believe that her daughter is a cold blooded killer but I think in her heart of hearts she knows that its true.

It would be terrific if Caylee is alive but if she is not, I believe in my heart of hearts that she died as the result of a terrible accident and that Casey was not able to handle to consequences.

Wacky as she is, I cannot picture Casey as a cold blooded killer.

ughhh I keep holding out and keep on giving my support to the GP'S but it does get harder and harder each day because of some of the stuff coming out...I think the main thing that keeps me open minded is that I can not grasp exactly what this situation feels like to them because I have not walked in these exact shoes..there are lots of " I wouldn't...I couldn't..." coming off my lips but I honestly have nothing this extreme to honestly compare it to...
All we have in common is that I have suffered a loss once years ago and that I now have a daughter...I love her ( my daughter) to the ends of the earth and would give my life to protect her..but if she had a child one day I would think I would also have those same feelings for that child ....I don't know if I could close my eyes to one to protect the other...so maybe...just maybe...I would resort to a fantacy would where I could protect both...I do know when my own mother was murdered, when I was just 17...even though i went to the wake...even though I seen her body buried...for years I had this weird *advertiser censored* hope it was all a mistake and she just ran away...that maybe there was this huge conspiracy to keep her away and she'd call me one day..a lot if it came from just being young and unable to deal with the sudden death...but another part of it was that it was just too hard to accept all together...But this was just in my own head and I was aware enough to recongize it just as fantasy...I can't imagine how far this fanasy could have tainted reality if I had people contributing to the idea...I believe Cindy has people through tips, casey, or whatever feeding what's easiest to believe..
those are the closest things I have to compare and it's still worlds apart from what they are going through...as of this moment...they do still have my support and prayers...that may change...but it hasn't yet..

That's so well put, Gram!

I've also said, that Cindy & George are not even aware of how THEIR behavior has slowly been tuned to trying to avoid confrontations with Casey & to keep some sort of 'peace' in the home.

I DO have compassion for parents who suffer because of their children... because in most cases they did the best they could raising them.

Though I think the Anthonys are their OWN worst enemies & worse yet, they are NOT helping Casey at all with their continued PUBLIC defense of their daughter.

People would have utmost respect for them IF they simply said in public, "We love Casey, we will always love Casey & try to support her during these very tragic times."

When the parents of an obviously DISTURBED individual continue to pretend that there's a logical reason for her abnormal actions.... those parents are STILL enabling the child. THAT'S why the public is reluctant to show compassion to Cindy & George.... because they don't want that compassion to be mistaken for belief in Casey's lies & sick behavior. The public wants NO PART in enabling Casey to keep pretending she can't tell anyone where to find Caylee.

Very well put, says it all in a nutshell. Thank you.

Yes, I agree with most of what you've stated! But 'wishing' someone were what they're NOT, is just that...wishful thinking.

People are what they are -- some of us are more articulate, some do not know how to express themselves adequately. We all have our shortcomings.
A part of this behavior, if not all of it, is exactly why they're in the position they are in, with Casey. Casey is, in part (sans genetics) a product of her own upbringing -- so is Cindy, so is George.

But that being said, yes, I can certainly see why the behavior of BOTH Cindy and George can anger so many people. However, in spite of ALL the shortcomings of these individuals, I can FEEL the pain they are suffering and cannot imagine, in my wildest of imaginations, what they are going through. Are they the most sympathetic of victims to the public? No, they are digging their hole deeper and deeper every day. That's what is so sad -- I just wish someone could get through to them and help guide them through this mess. If anything, help them to find a middle ground -- help guide them through the emotional roller coaster ride they're on and help them sort themselves out.

I'm so glad this thread touched a lot of us reading this forum -- I just finished reading a portion of the thread re: Message from Rev. Grund. I hope everyone who posted here will at least take a look at Rev. Grund's message.

I went to the myspace page, and I am not sure, but I think they added this song recently. Have to tell you that you will need a tissue! I am still crying!

I'm so glad this thread touched a lot of us reading this forum -- I just finished reading a portion of the thread re: Message from Rev. Grund. I hope everyone who posted here will at least take a look at Rev. Grund's message.
I tried to speed read that for now. He feels badly that he did not treat them differently. He seems anguished. Very sad.

Cindy is the one who called Le in the first place.

So flip flopping when a child is missing is just hard to understand.

Not one person who loves their child wants to admit the child is evil.
but their child is devoid of emotions.

Casey needs mental help.
regardless of the other things going on here.

The Melendez brothers goal when they offed their parents was to get rich without having to work for it.

They chose to murder their defensless wealthy parents.

Where are they now?
In prison because nobody believed their lies that some
drug gangsters were resposible for the deaths.

many people have gone down the road Casey has gone down.
granted, she may not be able to tell the truth.
Her lies become her truth.

Still that does not give anybody the right to defend her, when a child she was last seen with is now missing and presumed
kidnapped.

NOT one single intelligant person would ever let a child be held
prisoner to PROTECT her and her family?

That is a fairy tail story...
Caylee and the family are in danger?
Well from whom?

Yes I feel Cindy & George are caught in the middle of this.

Of course being spied upon daily takes it's toll.

But casey is responsible for all this.
And she must be shown that the gig is up.
Time to stop the madness and take what she has coming to her.

The parents need some support on her part by her stopping this madness today if not sooner.

If she loves her family she must decide to do the right thing.
She is the one who holds the key here nobody else can stop the torture.

We have a court system to decide what happens and for what. Even with all the media hype, we don't know what many others know. There must be a good reason for that. It will all come out eventually. In the meantime, this child is being left in the dust while everyone bickers about their own personal "theories".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back