John Morgan to depose Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the civil docket for updated information and found the following regarding the defense/Casey's previously filed Motion to Stay the Civil matter:

SNIPPED: http://www.myorangeclerk.com

Case Summary
Case Number: 08-CA-0024573-O Filing Date: 9/24/2008
Case Type: Civil
Case Status:
Status Date:
Current Judge: RODRIGUEZ, JOSE R
--------------------
12/22/2008 DEFT MOTION TO STAY OR DEFER DEFTS DEPO UNTIL RESOLUTION OF THE PENDING CRIMINAL CASE
12/31/2008 NOTICE OF HEARING * 01/06/2009 09:00 A.M.
1/6/2009 AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING 01/06/2009 @ 09:00 AM
1/6/2009 SECOND AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING 01/08/09 @ 11AM
1/7/2009 MINUTES HEARING
1/7/2009 MINUTES HEARING
1/8/2009 AMENDED NOTICE TAKING VIDEOTAPED DEPO OF CASEY ANTHONY ON 01/12/09 @ 10:00AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We at WS were aware of the criminal hearings on 1-8-09, which were covered in great detail here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77749

We at WS were also aware of the courtroom proceedings held on 1-6-09, which were covered in great detail here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77599

As discussed in said hearing thread, the presiding judge is no longer Hon. Sprinkel, but is now HON. JOSE R. RODRIGUEZ. One can learn more about his background here: http://www.ninja9.org/courts/judges/rodriguez.htm

Apparently sice 1-6-09, the judge has issued some orders via minute entries (fairly common,) so the only way to know the exact details would be to order certified copies of the minute entries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited To Add: I called the judge's staff to find out about the minute entries, as most judges' staff in LA will read you the substance of the minute entries' orders over the phone, but I got an answering service, and when I called the clerk of court's Copy/REcords Department, I was told I'd have to fax a request first before anyone would even discuss or read the substance to me over the phone. I will see about getting this tomorrow.

but does this mean she was deposed (as per that last entry)?
if so, will the deposition be released under sunshine law?
nosy nosy me.

Can she take the 5th now that she has counter-sued?
I think I heard John Morgan say she couldn't because of the counter suit?

no, how can YOU SUE and take the 5th in the case

what are your damages? I refuse to answer that under the grounds that it might ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:banghead:

this will never take place b4 the criminal trial

I hope this ZG has some class and donates the money she wins. Otherwise, she's just as bad as casey and the A family, making a buck off a dead little girl.

hmmmm...I feel very sorry for ZFG. Her life has been wrecked. From death threats to not being able to find work. There is no money to win....but hopefully she will be able to clear her name.

no, how can YOU SUE and take the 5th in the case

what are your damages? I refuse to answer that under the grounds that it might ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:banghead:

this will never take place b4 the criminal trial
I answered this earlier in this thread. It's all about the adverse interest principle. ;)

Zenaida's Attorney Submits Questions For Casey Anthony

http://www.wftv.com/news/18606616/detail.html#-

Questions:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18605417/detail.html

"If you want out of this lawsuit, answer these questions and help us clear our client's name," Mitnik said.

Casey has 30 days to respond. George and Cindy's depositions in the civil suit are set for February 26 and Lee's deposition is set for February 27.

I think JM spelled Caylee wrong in the questions!

I thought the questions could be a little tougher. And, oh yeah, they mis-spelled Caylee's name. I'd fire the secretary who typed it, yeah I would.

I can answer theses questions just on doc dumps. When Casey was shown a picture of ZG she said it was not her and that ZG had no kids. I don't agree with this Lawsuit.
JMO that i have a right :)

I can answer theses questions just on doc dumps. When Casey was shown a picture of ZG she said it was not her and that ZG had no kids. I don't agree with this Lawsuit.
JMO that i have a right :)

Yes, you do have that right. I wasn't sure I thought it was a legitimate suit, either, until Roy Kronk found Caylee's body. Quite a few people had a field day with the fact that years and years and years ago, he was charged with kidnapping, which was dismissed pretty quickly. To me, that really illustrated how this stuff can follow you around and mess up your life for all eternity.
Lanie

This really seems like a waste to me, because she has time and her lawyer on her side to answer. I really wish they were able to do a proper face to face deposition. So much could be gleaned from her facial expressions, body language, etc that is lost when doind a written depo.
MOO

In the questions it was spelled "Caley" , right? Maybe a secretary misspelled it. (Is "secretary" even a word anymore?? LOL)

I read the document earlier and for some reason, it really bothers me when people misspell her name. I notified them so I hope they can spell it correctly in the future.

Yes, you do have that right. I wasn't sure I thought it was a legitimate suit, either, until Roy Kronk found Caylee's body. Quite a few people had a field day with the fact that years and years and years ago, he was charged with kidnapping, which was dismissed pretty quickly. To me, that really illustrated how this stuff can follow you around and mess up your life for all eternity.
Lanie

*respectfully snipped*

Hi Lanie,

You made a really excellent point. I am interested to see what KC responses are to the questions. Still learning about the laws, but it would seem the SA for the murder case could compare them to her LE statements for inconsistencies. If that helps get anywhere toward the actual truth, i'm all for it. As for the ZFG case itself... it has merrit imo.

in reading the questions, I noticed something interesting in Q#9. The real ZFG had visited Sawgrass Apts. with a car that had NY tags. This may not be new to anyone here on WS, but certainly new information to me. Another *Bombshell.*

Didn't KC tell several people, including LE, that ZFG had connections in NY? How is KC going to explain this story, too?

IMO the real ZFG has a solid case against KC.

I don't think any of those questions will be answered honestly.

But Morgan did a good job of setting Casey up to lose a civil case after the criminal case is over.

Those questions are worded as such that if she answers them honestly she will incriminate herself in the criminal trial.

And if she lies the answers will be proven as such during the criminal trial.

I don't think any of those questions will be answered honestly.

But Morgan did a good job of setting Casey up to lose a civil case after the criminal case is over.

Those questions are worded as such that if she answers them honestly she will incriminate herself in the criminal trial.

And if she lies the answers will be proven as such during the criminal trial.

I agree. I didnt see one specific question I had expected too. Were you at the Sawgrass apts on or about a specific date? (date Zenaida was there looking at the apts) It seems they could actually prove she was based on all the ZFG data available and described by her KC

http://www.wftv.com/news/18605417/detail.html

What does everyone think of the questions to Casey from Zenaida's attorney? She has 30 days to answer. I'm interested in hearing from the legal eagles as to how throughly she will have to answer these questions.

I find it amusing that after all the months of coverage that they cant even spell it right ... Caylee ... instead they spelled it Caley ... not too professional

The thing that struck me were questions eleven and twelve. It appears that, as per usual, KC can't keep track of her lies. She contradicts her counterclaim with her motion to stay her deposition. I can't wait to see her answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member