Toy horse found at crime scene

Dawn TCB GR8 post...My youngest DD collected toyhorses and her favorites have always been "sets" of horses.....They were small and hard plastic (about 2 to 3 inches high)....She loved all breeds and styles of horses....now that she is older they are stored in her hope chest....but there are at least 500 of them....We bought most of them from Toys r Us....Walmart also carries them and other novelty or cheaper stores in packs.....When i looked for bang for the buck (mass vs quality i bought ) them at a cheaper store aka dollar store......They came in packs mom, dad and colts...jmo

I was just thinking if it ONLY had KC and Caylee's prints it was another way to show someone else didn't put it in the bag.

I pray that the duct tape, sticker, and bag have KC's prints allllll over them.

Okay, that kinda answers a question I have had. I would say "Sure, the Poo blankie was in her car seat, and the horse was in the car/backpack, and the sticker/duct tape/trash bag came from the house so of course KCs prints would be on them all.

And then Valee added:
I agree, but can hear someone saying that the killer wore gloves and left no prints."

My question has been, why is finding these items with the child such a smoking gun when the baby could have had them with her when she was kidnapped/dropped off/the aliens came and abducted her. (Sorry, this is no place for humor) so the family's prints were on them and, yes, the kidnapper wore gloves. Can someone maybe explain to me what I am obviously too dense to see? Why would we not expect her to have some things from home with her since she was just being dropped off at a babysitters?

Thank you for your patience :)

PS Obviously, I believe that there was no kidnapper , nanny (or alien) I am just thinking what a defense might say.

Is it enough for LE to prove that the toy horse (or the sticker or duct tape, etc) came from the A home? I just wonder if JB would be able to say well, Zani came in and took those when she killed Caylee. Or that Casey took the toys over to Zani's home and then Zani killed Caylee. I mean, any items that came from the house could have Casey's prints simply because she mostly lived there, but the REAL perp (yeah, right) stole them or got them some other way. Doesn't mean Casey herself put them with the body.

I'm just so afraid she can get off if there's even the tiniest bit of reasonable doubt. IMO the totality of the evidence points to Casey - but so afraid that Casey's fingerprints on anything can be explained away by JB because Caylee and anything with her body all came from the house where Casey mostly lived.

I think the first thing the prosecution is going to do is completely debunk the "nanny" theory as there is not one tiny speck of evidence that she ever existed. Casey lied about who introducted her to "Zanny," not one person in Casey's life has ever seen her or talked to her during the two years she supposedly babysat Caylee...even George, Cindy and Lee. The place where the Nanny supposedly lived was vacant for months...the house pointed out to be her mother's house wasn't...and not one phone call in or out to the nanny every occurred. On top of that...there is not one picture of Zanny with Caylee...or of Zanny herself, despite the fact that Casey was a "amateur photographer" who it was reported loved to take pics. Once all that is on the table, the defense won't be able to use any reference to "Zanny the Nanny" with any credibility. JMO.

Is it enough for LE to prove that the toy horse (or the sticker or duct tape, etc) came from the A home?

Well I think KC's fingerprints on the sticky side of the tape would be pretty damning... unless they are going with the imaginary nanny forcing her to tape up her daughter. But we don't know about those yet.

I think a probable approach will be that "someone" with access to the house took her, her toys, her blanket, the duct tape, the garbage bag, and the sticker and whisked her away and then decided almost immediately to put her in KC's trunk, and then a few days later to get rid of her right near the home. I personally think that the Zanny Theory has been squashed by JB.

As to whether it can cause reasonable doubt because the perp might have worn gloves, well, yes, it could. Which is why, IMO, LE is trying to tie as many of the items back to the home as possible. LE has in their possession a person who had access to all of the above items, as well as access to the victim, a car with decomp in it, no alibi, a history of lying, and a possible motive. The defense would have to somehow float the premise that someone else could have had access to all these items even though there has been no evidence of anyone else. That is where doubt becomes less reasonable.

I was watching old episodes of NG on youtube today (yes, I apparently need to get a life like KC told me to :D) and back when the gas can stealing was first noted, the "bombshell" NG was plugging was that perhaps a stranger stole the gas cans AND Caylee... then GA put that theory to bed with pointing the finger at KC. Too bad for JB, it was probably the only reasonable tie to stranger abduction that they had. :crazy:

Is it enough for LE to prove that the toy horse (or the sticker or duct tape, etc) came from the A home? I just wonder if JB would be able to say well, Zani came in and took those when she killed Caylee. Or that Casey took the toys over to Zani's home and then Zani killed Caylee. I mean, any items that came from the house could have Casey's prints simply because she mostly lived there, but the REAL perp (yeah, right) stole them or got them some other way. Doesn't mean Casey herself put them with the body.

I'm just so afraid she can get off if there's even the tiniest bit of reasonable doubt. IMO the totality of the evidence points to Casey - but so afraid that Casey's fingerprints on anything can be explained away by JB because Caylee and anything with her body all came from the house where Casey mostly lived.

I've been thinking all along the defense can say whatever was found with Caylee's remains were with her at ZG's but that won't explain away the fact she was DEAD in her mother's trunk.

I always kept my DD's horses within reach or lined up so she could gaze at them and or play with them....It was evident that they came in sets and she would 'correct" me even @ an early age to who the mommy and daddy were in order to keep them paired correctly....It was heck to dust them.....I do however think that the keeper of Caylee's room or her things might have noticed them missing...Especially IF these horses happened to be one of her favorite things to play with.....My DD would not rest until her horses were in order (the whole family and 500+ ) ready to sleep as she was when she was her age....

The resolution breaks apart as you enlarge it, but here is a couple...

Thank you SO much! I thought I saw something in the sink of the kitchen...

Is that a horse in the sink of her play kitchen? It kind of looks like one to me. Anyone else?

I've been thinking all along the defense can say whatever was found with Caylee's remains were with her at ZG's but that won't explain away the fact she was DEAD in her mother's trunk.

Ok, I am getting there. If it was not the accused, why are there no hairs, no fingerprints, no DNA, no footprints, etc. from anyone else. And who else had dog hits in the yard and car, decomp and death hair in the trunk, lied for a month about where the child was, and who then misled the police when they tried to investigate the kidnapping.

So it will be the evidence in its entirety, not just one piece of it, that will make the case. Sounds like a pretty strong case.

Well a toy horse was found at the crime scene..as was the blanket, and the sticker...the toy horse was another reason they felt they had a direct link to home, as this "toy horse" was part of a set... the rest of the set found at the A home.

Do we know this information of a certainty-that the "set" was found at the house??? I have not seen this so far. Do you happen to have a link to where you saw it or recall?

There is no spoon.(The Matrix...which I feel that we have been in for a while now in all of this!)
There is no nanny. (There never was, is or will be a nanny-she is a fictional character from Casey's mind!)
There is no one to blame but Casey. (And any reasonable thinking human is going to come to this same conclusion when faced with the totality of evidence...some doubt and REASONABLE doubt are worlds apart...)

I agree, but can hear someone saying that the killer wore gloves and left no prints.

Yeah, I hope that they find fingerprints on the duct tape. As Caylee's mother, I would expect that Casey's fingerprints would be on her toys. It would be stranger if they weren't on them. But the duct tape, I think only the killer would have touched that, especially if prints are found on the inside of the tape.

Do we know this information of a certainty-that the "set" was found at the house??? I have not seen this so far. Do you happen to have a link to where you saw it or recall?

There is no spoon.(The Matrix...which I feel that we have been in for a while now in all of this!)
There is no nanny. (There never was, is or will be a nanny-she is a fictional character from Casey's mind!)
There is no one to blame but Casey. (And any reasonable thinking human is going to come to this same conclusion when faced with the totality of evidence...some doubt and REASONABLE doubt are worlds apart...)

That was reported on one of the new stories... i will find the link to it and post it in this thread

Also hard for defense to explain if KC prints are on them, but no unidentified prints that could be the nanny's .... nanny couldn't have wiped off her own prints without also wiping off KC's. Only useful to defense if there are NO prints at all on anything with the body.

01/28/2009 Nancy Grace transcript..small plastic toy horse matches made from others found in A home.
HELLING: Well, not really because you know that when those come, that`s a motif that goes throughout the entire bedroom and that`s something that was found at the crime scene. And that`s real damming evidence for Casey.

GRACE: To Jessica D`Onofrio with WKMG, also joining us from Orlando. Jessica, now there is speculation -- we know that George Anthony is still in a psychiatric unit -- the timing of his attempted suicide or his rambling -- his writings and text messages about suicide, are right around the time that it comes out the heart sticker is placed on the child`s mouth, which had been duct taped, and the Winnie-the-Pooh blanket matches the set at home and the toy horse matches other toy horses in the home.

JESSICA D`ONOFRIO, WKMG: Not to mention -- we were talking about on one of your previous shows, Nancy, that those garbage bags -- that garbage bag that Caylee`s body was found in, matches garbage bags at the Anthony family home. So all of these things are coming out in the past week, couple weeks.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/28/ng.01.html

LE has in their possession a person who had access to all of the above items, as well as access to the victim, a car with decomp in it, no alibi, a history of lying, and a possible motive. The defense would have to somehow float the premise that someone else could have had access to all these items even though there has been no evidence of anyone else. That is where doubt becomes less reasonable.

I think the first thing the prosecution is going to do is completely debunk the "nanny" theory as there is not one tiny speck of evidence that she ever existed. Casey lied about who introducted her to "Zanny," not one person in Casey's life has ever seen her or talked to her during the two years she supposedly babysat Caylee...even George, Cindy and Lee. The place where the Nanny supposedly lived was vacant for months...the house pointed out to be her mother's house wasn't...and not one phone call in or out to the nanny every occurred. On top of that...there is not one picture of Zanny with Caylee...or of Zanny herself, despite the fact that Casey was a "amateur photographer" who it was reported loved to take pics. Once all that is on the table, the defense won't be able to use any reference to "Zanny the Nanny" with any credibility. JMO.

This makes me feel more reassured. I agree that JB can't prove there was ever a ZFG because there just wasn't, but I'm still afraid he might try to say that perhaps one of Casey's friends was "Zani" and had access to the house and Caylee, plus Casey's car. That's the only possible strategy I can see him using if Casey doesn't want to confess or say it was an accident. Someone here posted a while back that JB doesn't have to prove WHO did it, just offer reasonable doubt that it could have been someone besides Casey. However, I don't see how he can just stand up in court and say, "Well, it was somebody else who had access to the house and car, k-thnx-bye," and that will give the jury reasonable doubt.

If Casey's prints are on the inside of the tape and/or on the sticky side of the stickers, JB would have a hard time reasoning that away.

On a side note, FWIW I was thinking more of the Breyer type of horses, too, not My Little Pony, for some reason.

Thank you SO much! I thought I saw something in the sink of the kitchen...

Is that a horse in the sink of her play kitchen? It kind of looks like one to me. Anyone else?

There is a yellow something in the sink, but I sure can't tell what it is.

My little girl has MLP's. She spends hours playing with them and really enjoys making up stories about them. It makes me so sad (sadder) to think that Caylee, too, could've possibly gotten such delight from these little plastic ponies and spent time thinking up adventures for them like my little one. My little girl will have many more happy days (God willing) with her ponies and Caylee was buried with one. Sickening stuff. Hopefully there will be some print of KCs on it.

Did some research on pony, horse toys. I have a son, so I don't know very much about the types available for little girls.

There are numerous:

Dora pony sets
Fischer-Price Pony Friends
Disney Princesses with ponies
amongst them
and of, course the MLP and plastic horse sets mentioned previously on this thread

Well a toy horse was found at the crime scene..as was the blanket, and the sticker...the toy horse was another reason they felt they had a direct link to home, as this "toy horse" was part of a set... the rest of the set found at the A home.

Respectively, do you have a link that says the horse found at the scene is part of a SET found in the Anthony's home?

The only thing I have found so far is the following wording from a search warrant done after the remains were found:

"......small plastic toy horses similar to one found at the crime scene....."

Schleich is another brand that is available at Target.

http://www.target.com/Schleich-4094...original-keywords=sleich&rh=k:schleich&page=1

They have a collection of all kinds of animals.

This is what I kind of thought they were talking about. There is a picture of a horse like these in one of Caylee's photos. I can't remember what slideshow I saw it on but I noticed it right at the time they were talking about a toy horse. If I see it, I'll post the link. Not sure if it's the same one, but could be.

Schleich is another brand that is available at Target.

http://www.target.com/Schleich-4094...original-keywords=sleich&rh=k:schleich&page=1

They have a collection of all kinds of animals.

This is what I kind of thought they were talking about. There is a picture of a horse like these in one of Caylee's photos. I can't remember what slideshow I saw it on but I noticed it right at the time they were talking about a toy horse. If I see it, I'll post the link. Not sure if it's the same one, but could be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back