Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, while I don't know the specific ethnicity of the conductors on the Amtrak that day, it's possible a male conductor from a minority ethnic group with a (valid) history of suspicion and fear toward LE might deny having seen the pretty white lady that disappeared the other night, even if he in fact recognized her.

Could get him in trouble with his employer or even have him looked at by LE as a suspect, who knows. Might be better off saying that you don't recall seeing her than to get involved.

However, if BB in fact made it to Chicago, there should be video surveillance of her somewhere from either Union Station or the Metra station, a few blocks North of Union Station, but not the safest walk in the world, especially that late on a Sunday night, or from street level cams.

It's also possible she just dashed from Union Station to Ogilvie center and hopped on the 11:30 pm Metra, if her train arrived that late (11 pm) at Union Station.

I was thinking this over last night and talking it over with others.

Theory:

BB went to Mt. Vernon with her friend JW. BB had planned some sort of get together, maybe with a boyfriend. I know people are raising concern regarding JW dropping her friend off somewhere strange, but these are still small towns and don't feel very dangerous, it is possible she felt very secure and safe. So, I could envision JW dropping her at the train or somewhere to meet a boyfriend type....OR there never was a drop off and BB left the frosty mug with the alleged 4th guy, or met up with someone after the frosty mug.

From there perhaps BB told her friend that she would call or meet back up with her later that night or even weekend. BB could have been off doing her own thing the entire weekend elsewhere, therefore explaining why JW can't give any explanations as to what went on all weekend.

It is quite possible that BB did call SB at 4pm while she was still with unknown individual. However, it is possible that after this phone call she met with an accident, foul play etc.. possibly from this unknown individual.

If BB met up with an unknown, they could have traveled outside of the area at anytime in a vehicle we have no clue what would look like etc.. Or where to look.

Now i CAN imagine being JW, knowing full well it is time to go home. Not being able to get in touch or locate my friend. If BB with another man, I HIGHLY doubt she would have answered her phone for the family. Makes PERFECT sense. I would be freaking out!!!! Monday rolls around and still no BB... she is prob freaking out even more!! What an awkward situation to be. Of course, if JW was BB cover to meet a boyfriend then I could see her being upset with BB for putting her into the situation etc.. JW has to come back and tell all to SB and LE. JW seems to still be currently working at SB law firm, I would have to wonder if he would allow a person to continue employment that may or may not have had something to do with his wife's disappearance.

This would make more sense as to why JW cant answer questions regarding the weekend, why she threw her friend under the bus on face book, why she didn't answer the families calls, why she drove the rental car back, why she made up the train story...she was still covering for her friend...just in case...

Another thing I think it interesting is it was stated that BB took her overnight bag into the IGA, not sure if that is confirmed or unconfirmed but I wonder what would be so valuable in that bag to have her carry in and out of a grocery store.

I was thinking this over last night and talking it over with others.

Theory:

BB went to Mt. Vernon with her friend JW. BB had planned some sort of get together, maybe with a boyfriend. I know people are raising concern regarding JW dropping her friend off somewhere strange, but these are still small towns and don't feel very dangerous, it is possible she felt very secure and safe. So, I could envision JW dropping her at the train or somewhere to meet a boyfriend type....OR there never was a drop off and BB left the frosty mug with the alleged 4th guy, or met up with someone after the frosty mug.

From there perhaps BB told her friend that she would call or meet back up with her later that night or even weekend. BB could have been off doing her own thing the entire weekend elsewhere, therefore explaining why JW can't give any explanations as to what went on all weekend.

It is quite possible that BB did call SB at 4pm while she was still with unknown individual. However, it is possible that after this phone call she met with an accident, foul play etc.. possibly from this unknown individual.

If BB met up with an unknown, they could have traveled outside of the area at anytime in a vehicle we have no clue what would look like etc.. Or where to look.

Now i CAN imagine being JW, knowing full well it is time to go home. Not being able to get in touch or locate my friend. If BB with another man, I HIGHLY doubt she would have answered her phone for the family. Makes PERFECT sense. I would be freaking out!!!! Monday rolls around and still no BB... she is prob freaking out even more!! What an awkward situation to be. Of course, if JW was BB cover to meet a boyfriend then I could see her being upset with BB for putting her into the situation etc.. JW has to come back and tell all to SB and LE. JW seems to still be currently working at SB law firm, I would have to wonder if he would allow a person to continue employment that may or may not have had something to do with his wife's disappearance.

This would make more sense as to why JW cant answer questions regarding the weekend, why she threw her friend under the bus on face book, why she didn't answer the families calls, why she drove the rental car back, why she made up the train story...she was still covering for her friend...just in case...

Another thing I think it interesting is it was stated that BB took her overnight bag into the IGA, not sure if that is confirmed or unconfirmed but I wonder what would be so valuable in that bag to have her carry in and out of a grocery store.

I have considered this scenario but then why wouldn't JW know at least the first name of an alleged male friend? Why then wouldn't a description be available for him and a statement that LE is seeking said person for questions in the disappearance of BB? If JW dropped Beth off to meet someone would JW really not meet him? Why would BB not have introduced them by first name? And then why would JW STILL be covering when BB is missing?

As far as we know, JW didn't mention anything about a BB meeting a male friend until weeks after BB was missing IIRC.

JMO

I'm very curious to know when JW returned the rental car. It would give us a time frame on JW's whereabouts and may help us narrow down where BB might be.

I wonder what it takes then, at least in IL.
Beth is listed as ~endangered missing~ and as far as I know John Spira was never listed as endangered missing, just missing.

ETA: Even if Beth did rent the car and someone other than the person who rented the car returned it? That to me is concerning. I don't know many people that would allow another person to return a car they rented without them. too much of a liability imo.

Totally agree, I am SO curious about the conversation at the car rental place upon returning the car. Surely they would be asked for identification, possibly a credit card?

NCS, It appears we think alike. My theory also. What has been bugging me is RR sister on facebook saying "Scott knows, ask Scott". And JW saying she can not say more for reasons that will hurt family. AND Scott's statement he made to media.

Seems to me he does not know what to think of the situation and would explain why he is not on every news show begging for her return.

Perhaps JW does not know who Beth left with.

JMTC :twocents:

NCS, It appears we think alike. My theory also. What has been bugging me is RR sister on facebook saying "Scott knows, ask Scott". And JW saying she can not say more for reasons that will hurt family. AND Scott's statement he made to media.

Seems to me he does not know what to think of the situation and would explain why he is not on every news show begging for her return.

There is one thing that has been in the back of my mind since this statement was made on FB too. Is it possible this is a tiffany tehan type scenario? IIRC, it was alleged that Tiffany told her dh she was leaving, or unhappy. Is it possible Beth had made similiar statements to SB - that he knew she was unhappy and had told him we need to get some counseling or work on our relationship or she was leaving and him not wanting to recognize their relationship needed working on at the time BB made that statement to him? That he knew before this happened Beth might leave or wanted to be seperated yet he made the missing persons report anyway?

I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind Beth made some requests or she was leaving..... and that perhaps she is standing her ground by not making it known she is ok?

I can't help but wonder if BB is not contacting LE to let them know she is ok- because knowing SB is an attorney she knows he will find out where she is and she does not want him to? I'm thinking along the lines of murder victim Kristine Gilfords case. The Saturday before Kristine was murdered her killer posted on his FB page the detectives told me my wife is staying with her abusive ex- bf. Not to insinuate SB would murder Beth... just that perhaps she believes LE would give him Beths location even if she did not want him to have it.

I don't think it is a likely possibility, but the possibility has creeped into the back of my mind.

LE has advised SB to keep JW in his office working for now, as they say "keep your friends close & your enemies closer".

LE has advised SB to keep JW in his office working for now, as they say "keep your friends close & your enemies closer".

You have proof of that or is that just a rumor?

Maybe SB and JW were (are) having an affair and Beth's disappearance is a conspiracy or JW's way of having SB to herself.

I have considered this scenario but then why wouldn't JW know at least the first name of an alleged male friend? Why then wouldn't a description be available for him and a statement that LE is seeking said person for questions in the disappearance of BB? If JW dropped Beth off to meet someone would JW really not meet him? Why would BB not have introduced them by first name? And then why would JW STILL be covering when BB is missing?

As far as we know, JW didn't mention anything about a BB meeting a male friend until weeks after BB was missing IIRC.

JMO

It is quite possible the JW did name this person to LE and they are keeping it quiet and watching or looking for this person. Perhaps, JW would be scared of this person therefore, not mentioning this person name publicly. Perhaps it is someone in this circle of friends, or a person that lived down there she hooked up with, a person she could have met online with and had an affair? BB and this person took off elsewhere to do their own thing? Anything is possible. I could imagine the scenarios. If they needed the publics help in locating said person, I am certain they would then ask for it...leading me to believe they do know who it is... I think it is telling that she is "endangered" Missing.. Quite possible they are watching this person carefully without letting on that they are on to them.. In turn, allowing JW to continue to look suspect to all. I don't know, just don't see JW murdering her friend.. just don't. The only logical thing otherwise would be BB had a ton of cash or drugs in that bag.. and someone wanted it from her and were willing to kill to get it. Did ya ever think it's possible that JW was talking to RR about the "blackmailing" beth - regarding SOMEONE ELSE black mailing her??? And not the two of them, meaning JW and RR. Maybe she was going to make a payoff to someone? A lover? A friend? A crazy ex-lover who was gonna blackmail her for money to not tell her husband she was cheating. Is it possible, she showed up with cash, went willingly with person, and when all said and done they did something to harm Beth?? Therefore, the blackmail would have never been exposed by person.
Just more thoughts to chew on..

Interesting you would say this I was reading the thread in Forensic Astrology on the time of Beth's last call to BS @ 4 and it suggested just this, that she might have been forced to make this call... hmmm

I will add that I have asked some questions on the cell phone problem from someone that worked with cells service for AT&T in Mt Vernon area I was told part of the problem with this is Mt Vernon has a ordinance does not allow cell towers within the city so all they have are tower oitside of the area. Also AT&T equiptment is not up to para and therefore they can't do all features that maybe available in other situations.

Also someone asked earlier if text/images that might have been sent on Beth phone would still be available. Accordin to AT&T.. if say the family had bought another AT&T phone and had Beth's number switched to the new phone within 3 day, they would have been able to retrieve those. After 3 days it is lost in cyberland.

Lastly the May 23 4:15 call has been verified and the Ridge house was the location. I personally ask for this information for the FA thread here so they could do a chart on Beth's last known location.

Which brings a question to mind IMO doesn't this kind of blow the "dropped off at 5 in Centrailia near the station" out of the water? I believe it is like 40 min drive from Mt Vernon to Centrailia..

BBM.. So does this mean her last known location was 415 at the ridge house? When you say verified.. do you mean the phone was verified to be at this location, or that it was verified that Beth spoke to SB from this location? Do you mean verified by LE? Does anyone know if she spoke with anyone else?

I think they still could have made it to the train station by 5.., fwiw.

Totally agree, I am SO curious about the conversation at the car rental place upon returning the car. Surely they would be asked for identification, possibly a credit card?

Nope. I just returned a rental car. They scan it in, ask you if you want a receipt and your done. No ID or CC. Those things are requested upon renting a car.

Regarding what time JW returned the car. If my theory is close.. it wouldn't matter for the most part. She would have been peeing in her pants over where her friend was and it was probably extremely difficult to leave there without her.. To be honest, I can see this situation so easily that it's scary.

It is possible then Scott knew Beth had a boyfriend but looked the other way? Or Scott would know because JW came back and told him everything.

I could see JW not making this statement on facebook for two reasons.
1) There might be certain things she CAN talk about. However, if they are looking for a male suspect and do not want him identified in public. That answers this question. She would use not hurting the family as an excuse.
2) I could see protecting the 10 year old over the fact if his mother did in fact have a boyfriend, if that was posted on public sites, small town, kids are cruel...he will find out.
3) Scott statements are startling to me. But without knowing why type of demeanor he had prior to this situation it is tough to tell. The past tense words always alarm me.

-- Can a local please give insight as to Scott's typical personality. How did the interview strike you??

Maybe SB and JW were (are) having an affair and Beth's disappearance is a conspiracy or JW's way of having SB to herself.

Funny, that has crossed many of our minds. However, just to note per TOS. That is speculation. ;)

The train story could have been a ruse.. to come up with the Beth met some guy.. I have no clue who he is.. she met him online story.. Just saying.. it could twist 1,000 different ways..

I personally don't believe JW directly murdered BB either.

My theory: BB overdosed on drugs that were supplied by either JW or someone BB randomly hooked up with in the area to buy drugs. If BB called SB at 4:15 from RR's house, maybe the overdose happened there. JW and RR don't want to implicate themselves or are afraid of the repercussions of naming drug dealers that may have sold it to her, so they keep quiet and make up the train story.
Now, the question is, what did they do with her body? Did JW/RR have a hand in hiding it? Did they pay off someone to do it for them?

JMHO.

Yes, I have 2 pvt messages from relatives of the parties involved.

Nope. I just returned a rental car. They scan it in, ask you if you want a receipt and your done. No ID or CC. Those things are requested upon renting a car.

Regarding what time JW returned the car. If my theory is close.. it wouldn't matter for the most part. She would have been peeing in her pants over where her friend was and it was probably extremely difficult to leave there without her.. To be honest, I can see this situation so easily that it's scary.

Agreed about returning the rental car.
I've rented many cars from different companies, never have I been asked for ID or credit card when they were returned, all of that is done when you're picking up the car.
Even 1 time I had a minor accident with some front damage to the rental, I just mentioned it to them when it was brought back, they already had all my info so I was in and out in like 5 minutes. The only thing I was ever concerned about with dropping a car back off was to be sure and get the tank filled up because they charge such a high rate if you don't. I'm wondering if B had made arrangements earlier about pre-paying for gas so she could drop it back off with a low tank, or if she wanted to be sure the tank was filled up when it was brought back? If I was letting a friend drop my rental car off that would be a concern for me since if they didn't fill up the tank and I hadn't already paid then the rental company would be putting this on my credit card.

VB

Of course "Scott knows ask Scott" could simply mean LE told Scott what JWs' story to LE was whether JW's story is factual or not.

JMO

Such as???

I think Cubby has pretty much said dont go there. I dont think its that revelant, it just shows a connection of alot of people in this area, in this group. Im not seeing a connection to her disappearance or "feeling that" it may be anymore.. hope that helps, wasnt trying to bait, and out of context it looks that way.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo