Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know why ppl are so overly concentrating on the Rend Lake trip/boat ride?? That was on May 22nd, & she went missing on the afternoon of May 23rd.

I think some are wondering if they had access to a boat all weekend. Possibly a way to dispose of a body.

I want to know why ppl are so overly concentrating on the Rend Lake trip/boat ride?? That was on May 22nd, & she went missing on the afternoon of May 23rd.

I dont understand why Rend Lake is not being searched as far as I can tell. We dont KNOW when she went missing. Not really. We only have SB saying he talked to her. I wonder if she spoke to the kids too? And JW and her story. I think the whole area where she was last known to be should be searched extensively. Yesterday. Has it been verified that she went to rend lake on the 22nd? I thought it was rumor. Although a strong rumor.

For all we know, someone could have FORCED her call SB on Sunday afternoon & TOLD her what to SAY to him.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1493952113204#!/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall

This is BIZARRE IMO... someone asked for info to call in or email tips... the site gave the Woodstock PD phone number, which is fine, but for email? The admin person on the webpage? For real? Email tips to this persons hotmail account? I have never seen such a thing in any other case, anyone?

take note that person had no business answering that question has no ties to the family or site.

For all we know, someone could have FORCED her call SB on Sunday afternoon & TOLD her what to SAY to him.

Interesting you would say this I was reading the thread in Forensic Astrology on the time of Beth's last call to BS @ 4 and it suggested just this, that she might have been forced to make this call... hmmm

I will add that I have asked some questions on the cell phone problem from someone that worked with cells service for AT&T in Mt Vernon area I was told part of the problem with this is Mt Vernon has a ordinance does not allow cell towers within the city so all they have are tower oitside of the area. Also AT&T equiptment is not up to para and therefore they can't do all features that maybe available in other situations.

Also someone asked earlier if text/images that might have been sent on Beth phone would still be available. Accordin to AT&T.. if say the family had bought another AT&T phone and had Beth's number switched to the new phone within 3 day, they would have been able to retrieve those. After 3 days it is lost in cyberland.

Lastly the May 23 4:15 call has been verified and the Ridge house was the location. I personally ask for this information for the FA thread here so they could do a chart on Beth's last known location.

Which brings a question to mind IMO doesn't this kind of blow the "dropped off at 5 in Centrailia near the station" out of the water? I believe it is like 40 min drive from Mt Vernon to Centrailia..

Interesting you would say this I was reading the thread in Forensic Astrology on the time of Beth's last call to BS @ 4 and it suggested just this, that she might have been forced to make this call... hmmm

I will add that I have asked some questions on the cell phone problem from someone that worked with cells service for AT&T in Mt Vernon area I was told part of the problem with this is Mt Vernon has a ordinance does not allow cell towers within the city so all they have are tower oitside of the area. Also AT&T equiptment is not up to para and therefore they can't do all features that maybe available in other situations.

Also someone asked earlier if text/images that might have been sent on Beth phone would still be available. Accordin to AT&T.. if say the family had bought another AT&T phone and had Beth's number switched to the new phone within 3 day, they would have been able to retrieve those. After 3 days it is lost in cyberland.

Lastly the May 23 4:15 call has been verified and the Ridge house was the location. I personally ask for this information for the FA thread here so they could do a chart on Beth's last known location.

Which brings a question to mind IMO doesn't this kind of blow the "dropped off at 5 in Centrailia near the station" out of the water? I believe it is like 40 min drive from Mt Vernon to Centrailia..

IMO this AT&T phone explanation is so weird to me, with my ATT I can go online and bring up stuff from 4 months ago, see a printout of incoming and outgoing calls, I don't know? I guess I'm just lucky.

Paschein, is there a way, or link to see this forensic astrology write up on Beth? I can not find it. Thanks

Cubby, gosh, this is all interesting. I have a question about Robert Lasheff (RIP), is his X wife (Catherine Huff Lasheff Pickar), the same Catherine Pickar who caused all that trouble in Woodstock around 3-4 years ago. Woodstock Council knows that "Catherine Pickar" very well. If I remember correctly, she wanted kids is Woodstock schools to be given tests to see if they were "abused"?

I know nothing about is ex wife. Maybe a local can help you with this.

How does this tie to Beths disappearance?

Cubby, I respectfully ask you to consider reposting the link that tarabull provided concerning this rip off case. After sleuthing this, there are connections to Beths case, albeit.. thru SB, and ultimately JW, that IMO should be sleuthed. I really am not trying to be disrespectful, but I dont see how you can determine what leads LE are following or when they will officially rule anyone out, or when/who they will determine who is a POI or suspect. Investigating the rip off report IMO is in no way detrimental to the victims in Beths disappearance. I dont think tara was implying the association is thru a hostile or disgruntled former client. Its outside the box, kwim? If I am smelling what tarabull is stepping in, the players are directly associated to someone closely involved with JW. Thanks for considering my request...

LE IMO rarely "Officially Rule Out" anyone publicly. Again... thanks.

Added: I think spymom is smelling it too.

The rip off report has names of those not directly named a poi or suspect in Beths disappearance. It is a WS rule to not use full names or link to full names of person not named a POI or suspect.....

We can discuss and sleuth this, using initials. But we can not link were full names of those are used. We can post Roberts name since he is deceased.

I hope that clarifies and answers your question.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cubby

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1493952113204#!/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall

This is BIZARRE IMO... someone asked for info to call in or email tips... the site gave the Woodstock PD phone number, which is fine, but for email? The admin person on the webpage? For real? Email tips to this persons hotmail account? I have never seen such a thing in any other case, anyone?

I really despise when people ask TIPS be sent to anyone but LE.
TIPS should be sent to LE directly. We ask that here too, if someone thinks they have information related to Beths disappearance we dont' want bombshells here at WS, CALL and report tips to LE. Call 911 or the Woodstock PD.

I will be honest, I am having a hard time seeing the correlation between RGL's bitter custody battle - where his accusations may or may not have been founded. I spent many years at SP forums where a bitter parent complained about the law, but the law is still the law and in most cases was adhered to properly.

I don't see RGL's ex wife being bitter against something that happened to RGL, nor do I see his adult children or anyone seeking revenge on RGL's behalf.

You are welcome to see if you can find a tie to beths disappearance, but I just don't see anyone kidnapping or disappearing Beth as a result of RGL's difficulties with his custody battle.

IMO this AT&T phone explanation is so weird to me, with my ATT I can go online and bring up stuff from 4 months ago, see a printout of incoming and outgoing calls, I don't know? I guess I'm just lucky.

Oh Spymom.. I was not speaking of not being able to go on and see calls incoming & outgoing online that is always available..
I said some features are not available, I was asking about more advance features. Retrieving old messages, ping, trianglulation & old text massages stuff like that.
This question was addressed in the FAQ because people were continuely asking about more advanced features like they see them do on TV cop shows.

FWIW, I think the incoming and outgoing are important in addition to the pings.

Technically - if not being able to access ping info no one knows where Beth made that call from to her DH on Sunday.

:( This case is frustrating.

I really despise when people ask TIPS be sent to anyone but LE.
TIPS should be sent to LE directly. We ask that here too, if someone thinks they have information related to Beths disappearance we dont' want bombshells here at WS, CALL and report tips to LE. Call 911 or the Woodstock PD.

Let's also remember Tips can be called in anonymously. Crimestoppers is offering a reward and will take tips also.

Let's also remember Tips can be called in anonymously. Crimestoppers is offering a reward and will take tips also.

The crimestopper 1-800 number only works if you are calling from Illinois.

IT IS 26 MILES FROM MT.VERNON to CENTRALIA

Kinda skimmed through these threads and a couple points:

(1) I wouldn't discount BB having boarded the train and traveled all the way to Chicago with no other passengers or conductors recalling her. Amtrak trains have fairly high-backed seats that provide quite a bit of privacy, especially on what was most likely a less than capacity run. And the conductors on these trains see literally hundreds of people daily. To recall 1 individual, admittedly a somewhat noticeable person, out of those hundreds (1000?) of faces?

(2) BB's cell phone device was an iPhone? I don 't have one, but everyone who does complains about their battery life. Which battery life for an iPhone (or any cell phone) would be taxed even more being in a remote/rural area with spotty at best cell phone coverage..as the device ramped up its efforts to secure a signal.

And if BB was unfamiliar with the option to turn off 3G and use AT&T's slower network (which taxes the phone's battery less), it's likely her iPhone depleted itself quite rapidly trying to secure that 3G connection.

BB might've thought she had enough charge to get through the day and all the way back home, but then by the time she's dropped off at the train depot, her iPhone battery is kaput and she's without a way to communicate to her husband or her friends locally.

Especially if BB were new to the iPhone style device, with their need to be recharged daily, sometimes multiple times.

Amtrak trains sometimes have power outlets available, but not always; and not everyone is aware of and familiar with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn