Is Casey Anthony Possibly Innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has their baby taken from them, they call the police, notify family, etc.

This always irks me because the premise is so simple. One day she had her baby, the next day she did not. She has never been able to give the reason why.

Her actions show her to be self-absorbed and selfish, not the type of person who would willingly suffer for someone else's misdeeds (Like CA and GA).

If she could have pinned it on anyone she would have - no one who loves to have sex, drink and party, steal from family and friends, watch soaps all day and text nonsense would stay in jail for three years if they could avoid it.

Late to the thread, but I just wanted to say that Goldleaf's post just sums it all up so succinctly, I wish it could be read to the jury as the closing statement.
:great:

I would also say that this thread sure makes it a nice and tidy place for anyone assisting the DT to come over with a pot of coffee, and do some reading to find out what facts they should push and spin like h*ll to attempt to create more doubt in the jury. The things that the knowledgable people here who have lived and breathed this case for the last 3 years can't even agree upon will be the perfect things to twist and push onto a jury that will most likely not have the benefit of seeing ALL of the tiniest details in this case as we have.

So if you want to make it easy for them, keep talking. We already know they are procrastinators, how perfect that their work is already done for them in one convienient place! At least make them work for it- let them have to read 200 various threads and figure out for themselves what bits to take away.

:Bennymonkey:

SNIPPED
In order to get an accurate picture of a general consensus, posters need to feel free to express their opinions and reasoning behind that. There's bound to be bias with everything we've seen and read, but I would appreciate hearing from the 'minority' or devils advocates here in preparation of what may happen with a jury at trial.
I would hate to think that we are scaring people off from posting their true feelings here for fear of attacks.
I also have concerns that we have been lulled into a possible false sense of security because the majority feel safe to speak their mind , while the minority or devils advocates don't.
While I personally think ICA is guilty ,I have played devils advocate for the last three yrs and the reaction to that stopped me from posting for several months.

JMO

I have been sitting here writing and re-writing a reply to your post and no matter how I word it, I just can't bring myself to post it for the very same reasons you mention.

This is all I can say: Lurking and fading into the woodwork sometimes is far better than facing a majority. It's not cowardly, but self-preserving.

Even IF you believe the Nanny story, the fact that Casey did not report the kidnapping is child neglect, Even IF you believe Casey did not actually kill Caylee, the fact is that Caylee was found dead (homicide). One could conclude that due to Casey not reporting Caylee missing (Aggravated Child Abuse), Caylee ended up dead (Murder). A death(murder) that occurs during the commission of a felony(aggravated child abuse) is felony murder, and comes with the possible punishment of LWOP, or Death by Lethal Injection.

Thanks for this post. Florida law says since the child was in her care and is now dead due to one of the above choices that you listed BBM, KC can be sentenced to a sentence of up to LWOP. I am happy with that. If that is all the state can prove, I can accept it. I think they will be able to prove a lot more. :twocents:

I don't want to derail this thread but one thing that bothers me is that when we have children die from neglect in FL, we rarely see a parent or caregiver charged with murder and they definitely don't face LWOP. For example, children left in a hot car by a parent, children who wander out to the pool, etc. It may be what the law says but I haven't seen very many cases where the parent is charged with 1st degree murder. I am interested to see how the SA proves that the charges are correct in this case.

I still think they are going to use a "Sybil" defense, her alter did it, she didn't know, she was allegedly sexually abused by GA or LA and therefore has multiple personalities. Mark my words.

If they were going to try to say Casey was emotionally, physically, and/or sexually abused or had multiple personalities or some other mental illness that contributed to her killing Caylee but not being legally responsible for it because of said mental problems, would her psychiatric evaluation have to be brought out in open court? The defense is not supposed to have to offer proof, but if they claim something like mental illness, wouldn't they have to show something then?

As far as the topic of this thread...I just can't see a reasonable doubt when, as other posters have said, the totality of the evidence that we know of is considered. I'm open to reading other opinions, but nothing has swayed me so far.

SNIPPED

I don't think she suddenly "snapped" and decided to chloroform her daughter. I think she planned it for some time and when certain things came to a head, decided, possibly somewhat rashly at that moment, that she had had enough, that time had finally come and that killing Caylee was the answer to all her problems. One doesn't research, make and use chloroform when they "snap".

Also, again, if it was an accident, why didn't casey ever admit to such, while in jail for almost three years and charged for first degree murder and facing the death penalty? That makes no sense to me. The investigators practically begged casey to admit to an accident. Her attorneys well knew that if they called the state and had one of those conversations that attorneys do, stating "Listen, let's say this was an accident. Let's say we are going to put casey on the stand to state just that. I think we can get a jury to believe that. What do you have to offer us?", they would have gotten a reception, is my bet. IMO, that conversation never happened. Why? Because it wasn't an accident.[/QUOTE]

What better way to try and cover the cause of death of your victim than to lie, lie, lie until the cause of death just disappears or in this case decomposes. Nice try but not smart enough to know the cause of death (duct tape} would be the only thing left besides bones………Drowning victims do not have their mouth and nose covered with that stuff. Trying to pass off that lie would be simply ludicrous and an insult to anyone that is savvy enough to know a con when they hear one.

This thread has been very interesting to read! I just wanted to add that I think Casey's behavior during the 31 days functions as a sort of smoking gun in this case, one that removes all (reasonable) doubt that Caylee's death was any sort of accident.

If Caylee accidentally died in the pool, or in some other accidental manner, and Casey "pulled a Zanny" (out of thin air) in order to cover it up and save her own butt, that still doesn't explain her:

-partying/clubbing
-getting the Bella Vita tattoo
-hanging out w/ various boyfriends

All of the above are very fun, carefree activities. No one on this earth, no matter their style of grieving, culture of origin, or personality type, is going to engage in fun, carefree, celebratory activities after their child has just accidentally died.

On the other hand, if a person is GLAD or RELIEVED that their child is dead, then they are probably going to engage in some sort of celebratory behavior...i.e., the exact behavior that Casey did exhibit following Caylee's demise.

If Caylee's death was indeed accidental, then the only way to explain Casey's documented celebratory behavior is the premise that Casey did want Caylee to die, or at least wanted to be totally rid of her, and then (in an insane stroke of luck for Casey), Caylee did die, but by accident. Is that reasonable? Who is that lucky? Stranger things have happened, for sure, but that just strikes me as so bizarrely fortunate for Casey that the odds of it actually happening are microscopic.

The very NIGHT that Caylee supposedly disappeared (whether from murder or accident) - Casey is caught on camera entering a video store with her boyfriend - without a care in the world.

That ALONE would be enough for me.

She didn't take ONE second to grieve. If it had truly been an accident - an innocent person wouldn't be out shmoozing with the latest squeeze.

The baby may not have been dead yet, CA may have thought she was just asleep in car/chloroformed, she may not have discovered till the next day or several days after/dumped the car.

The very NIGHT that Caylee supposedly disappeared (whether from murder or accident) - Casey is caught on camera entering a video store with her boyfriend - without a care in the world.

That ALONE would be enough for me.

She didn't take ONE second to grieve. If it had truly been an accident - an innocent person wouldn't be out shmoozing with the latest squeeze.

The problem is nobody knows when she went missing or died as far as I am aware, right? I mean it could have happened June 15th the day CA left with her or July 10th for all we know.

I agree that the totality of the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming and indicative of guilt.
But I also believe that this is a very important thread that should not be met with criticism, or questions of 'motive' .Ie: is it really the DT posting here? etc.

In order to get an accurate picture of a general consensus, posters need to feel free to express their opinions and reasoning behind that. There's bound to be bias with everything we've seen and read, but I would appreciate hearing from the 'minority' or devils advocates here in preparation of what may happen with a jury at trial.
I would hate to think that we are scaring people off from posting their true feelings here for fear of attacks.
I also have concerns that we have been lulled into a possible false sense of security because the majority feel safe to speak their mind , while the minority or devils advocates don't.
While I personally think ICA is guilty ,I have played devils advocate for the last three yrs and the reaction to that stopped me from posting for several months.
It's time to be realists. To not live in our own little world where what we think is the be all and end all of the process. We have to accept that we are not the jury. That the dumps we've read will not all be admissible at trial.....that personal opinion and legal processes are two very separate issues.
IMO, this thread is not about protecting ICA from being found guilty (which has been rehashed over and over again) but about getting a REAL picture of what possible jurors may consider.
JMO

I assure all of you I am NOT the DT and I have no agenda in making this thread, I simply wanted to take part in some good discussion and hear from those of you here on WS (the minority for sure) who are not totally convinced CA killed her daughter. So far the thread has turned out beatifully, lots of great theories and thoughts here.

In fact I cant keep up with all of you, the thread moves so fast and I am still back on page 8 trying to catch up!

The problem is nobody knows when she went missing or died as far as I am aware, right? I mean it could have happened June 15th the day CA left with her or July 10th for all we know.

If I remember correctly the forensic botonist put the time of disposal of the body to be in mid to late June, and no later than the first week of July, evidenced by the amount of plant growth in and around her skeleton when the body was found.

I am not totally convinced KC did this alone. I also am not convinced she killed Caylee on purpose. I also am not convinced of how much involvement CA , GA and LA have. I have read everything and watched all the videos and audios that have been released under the Sunshine Laws.

First of all being a local and living on the same side of town there were some things people didn't see. When Caylee was first reported missing, the first thing the A's did were to sit up a table at Publix on Lake Underhill and Chickasaw Trail for donations for help in finding Caylee. There were also flyers posted inside the store at every checkout with Caylee's picture and asking for donations. And let's not forget when GA and LA posted on Myspace looking for a admin to work for free.

Because of complaints that Publix received there was a tent set up in the parking lot of another Publix at Chickasaw and Curryford. This tent lasted a few weeks until complaints shut it down and they moved again and again and again until they finally set up the last time where they had the "Meet and Greet" all the while collecting donations to help in the aid of finding Caylee. The Milsteads, I believe didn't get involved until the 2nd Publix location and the donations kept rolling in.

I have said this before and will again "Follow the Money" This is mo and mine alone. I believe in the beginning it could have been a fake kidnapping in order to make money and it all got out of hand. The A's have lied so much, how much can we really believe? GA works, he doesn't work, CA is the only one that's had a long time job. KC didn't work and it goes on and on.

KC calls home and CA says "I don't know what your involvement is sweetheart". The jailhouse video, KC says, "don't worry I haven't told them anything"

Also, we have the foundation that was set up by CA.

I just don't buy it. I guess what it boils down to for me is could this have been a scam that got way out of hand?

I guess when the SA lays it all out and we see what the DT has to say then it will be more clearer.

Regardless of what happened and how it happened Caylee needs Justice.

Sorry to ramble, but this has been on my mind a lot lately.

If I remember correctly the forensic botonist put the time of disposal of the body to be in mid to late June, and no later than the first week of July, evidenced by the amount of plant growth in and around her skeleton when the body was found.

Great thanks for that, I will do a little research and follow up on this, its an important part of this case for sure if that is pinned down.

According to ICA, the last time she saw Caylee was June 16th, between 9am and 1pm, when she allegedly dropped her off at the invisinanny's Sawgrass Apartment #210...which had been empty for 142 days...not to mention, LE was never able to track down this alleged nanny...so, going off the premise of the last day ICA allegedly last seen an alive Caylee, June 16th, 2008 is the date of demise...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Could have happened on Jun 15, but not on July 10, the car was at towyard with the odor already on June 30. Could stretch it between June 15 to June 24 but nothing much after that. Whenever ICA told AH about the squirrel business is about the time the odor came to be in the car.

I am sort of leaning, like some of you, towards the idea that someone else is involved, I dont want to name names or 'plan b' (ever watch the old tv show The Practice lol) anyone but I dont think CA is alone in all of this, someone else either took part in the cover up assuming the death was an accident or themselves had a direct hand in the the child's death in some way or another.

I would like to expand on this idea but I really dont know where to start and I dont know how cool it is to start naming names and accusing people of murder.

Could have happened on Jun 15, but not on July 10, the car was at towyard with the odor already on June 30. Could stretch it between June 15 to June 24 but nothing much after that. Whenever ICA told AH about the squirrel business is about the time the odor came to be in the car.

Ok good point, I think that helps my timeline in fact, I will revise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa