Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said before that the Murder One conviction was what really mattered. Anything else (dp) was just icing on the cake.

I take it back. I'm now begging for the dp like I was begging for Murder One.

Can't jurors, who absolutely won't vote for death, remove themselves voluntarily and allow the alternates a stab at this.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the anti-deaths outta there...sub with the alternates and let's see what happens...

From WAT :

I am re-posting in case anyone missed them or cannot follow live -- OR -- was blown away like I was :

30m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Jodi has full umbrella bangs and a small pony tail. Jury is shuffling in .#JodiArias

29m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

The jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision. #JodiArias

29m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge Stephens is offering up some advice on how they can come to a unanimous decision. #JodiArias

28m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge is dismissing the jury to continue their deliberations. #JodiArias

26m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

So that means the jury is back to deliberate and try to come up with a unanimous decision. More hwaiting. Almost lunch time! #JodiArias

23m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

The buzz in here is that the jury will be hung if they are already unable to agree in such a short amount of time. #JodiArias

21m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge just said we are at recess. I am going to knooter over and get me a kilt burger. See you all at 1:30ish #JodiArias

:please::please::please: for Justice for Travis !!!

Didn't 5 of them not agree that it was felony murder?

that really is irrelevant, though, since all 12 voted for premeditated murder. that was just something JM asked for and 7 of them gave it to him.

According to court tweet, It was not that the jury was completely deadlocked. The question was "What happens IF they can not come to a unanimous decision. "

So if that was their question and not a firm stance.. Don't lose hope...

Come on Jurors!! Come on!

This is what is making me crazy. What kind of info are we getting? Did judge not say the jury unable to reach a verdict? Was she assuming too much?

This is the jury that saw all the evidence of how of a manipulative evil monster JA is. And how she lied. They listened to JM's closing. If they can't come to a death verdict, I don' think another jury will be able to.

Laugh it up Jodi. It won't be funny in 20 or 30 years.

So true. If this jury comes back hung, no other jury will give death. Believe it or not, they will find jurors to re-do the penalty phase who have not followed this case and who do not know of JA's lying, deceiving, manipulative background and thus, a jury that will not give the DP to her. I'm afraid it will come down to Judge Stephens. I pray she gives her LWOP or it will be truly devastating.

i HAVE NOTICED JA MAKING EYE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE. SHE HAS POINTED THEM OUT TO WILMOTT SEVERAL TIMES.

According to court tweet, It was not that the jury was completely deadlocked. The question was "What happens IF they can not come to a unanimous decision. "

So if that was their question and not a firm stance.. Don't lose hope...

Come on Jurors!! Come on!

Hmm. I guess I completely missed that. It still indicates they're not in a good place right now but interesting to note the specifics.

No matter how strongly I felt about giving her the DP...

I would rather vote LWOP than allow another jury to finish the job I took an oath to do and devoted 5 months of my life to!!!!

I just would. If we can't agree, then fine. Give her LWOP. SIMPLE!

Lock the door and throw away the key. Be done with it. But most importantly...

FINISH THE JOB!!!

If the jury gives her life, it is up to the judge to impose LWOP or Life not the jury.

Ok that was my exact question..

Wasn't the phrasing of of the question"

What if we are unable to reach a unanimous decision?

Could it have been a directionally question? For example maybe they've yet to 'take' their vote & wanted to make sure what they SHOULD do if it's not unanimous.. ie should we do 3 more rounds of votes see if any changes?
Should we re-weigh arguments both for DP & LWOP?

Like just in case what do we do?

IDK but I thought I heard it as 'What if' not 'We've been'

JMO

Exactly-- someone has the question wrong~

Dan Abrams ‏@danabrams 1min
If #JodiArias jury is hung, state shouldn't spend resources to retry penalty phase. Make a deal that takes parole off the table

Which ever juror is the holdout has not only Jodi as a burden but Travis' family...this is killing them, just killing them.

Please God, let this family survive this. Let those in the jury who question the justice of sentencing Jodi to death, lean not on their own understanding, but acknowledge You in all that they consider. Knit this jury together as one, Lord. Let them be in one accord with their decision. Give them wisdom and knowledge that surpasses all understanding Lord and let them reach a decision that is just and pleasing to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

Beautiful sincere prayer! I pray the family gets what they wanted. Lord let good prevail over evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa