Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this link works .. Really interesting
[video=youtube;9ngtXPP5krU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngtXPP5krU&sns=em[/video]

They are discussing this on HLN now. I'm so glad to hear how this would go down. Is jury selection going to be before July 18th?

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but JM has that cop trial the end of July. He's a superman, but can't do both.

Jodi had makeup on in court. Looks like she waxed or severely tweezed the brows, too. She never had makeup on before the makeup demands for the media tour.

Several of the reporters have said Jodi demanded they give her base, powder, shadow and waterproof mascara; not film her putting it on; not film the prison stripes and cuffs.

Now, what I want to know is why she was allowed to keep this stuff in her cell. No pencils or fungus cream, but makeup?

She is incredibly evil and vain. I hope she felt like the diva she was when she was applying her Wet 'n Wild!:cursing:

Heard the verdict and just couldn't hang out anymore here. I am praying for peace for the Alexander family. I feel disheartened that there wasn't a sentence handed down. I would have preferred DP but would have been happy with LWOP. Either way, JA stays out of society for a good long while.

As for the parents...I just have to throw this out there. Who in their right mind goes sightseeing at the Grand Canyon while your child is waiting for a jury to decide their fate?

I am not trying to be snarky but what in h e double hockey sticks is that all about. I mean I understand when court is in Recesss for a long weekend. Or during the trial itself...but while waiting for a verdict for life or death? It just speaks volumes on that family and the river of denial they bathe in.

JA is not going anywhere and that is good. I am hoping it IS true that she will be confined to her cell 23 hours a day etc. She had a repreive today and gets life a little longer. In JA's mind I am sure that she is basking in the "they like me, they reallly liked me' mindset. She is just not sitting close enough to reality to understand this isn't a good thing for her either. Lets face it, those interviews could come into play next time...'society is safe as long as noone attacks me or abuses me'...that is the one I hope is shown.

While I am 100% sure that this jury tried as hard as they could, it is disappointing. I would love to know if it was because of 'perceived' mental illness that stopped those 4 or a genuine dislike/unable to give DP.

Regardless, I am hopeful there is NO plea. I am also hopeful that there is a jury pool SOMEWHERE in AZ that can take this case and make a final decision. That last final decision.

K

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but JM has that cop trial the end of July. He's a superman, but can't do both.

Yes, I am concerned about these things as well. If JA gets new attny's we could be looking at a few years before this is resolved. At great cost.

I am hoping that JM is able to find the strength to keep going. I can't imagine the pain he is feeling, he and Det Flores fought very hard for the Alexandar family and Travis.

Again, I do truly feel that although justice will not be swift in this case, it will be done eventually.

K

Oh, I agree. She was very unhappy. Her fam chose a scenic drive to the Grand Canyon over waiting near court to find out if she lives/dies/jury hangs. Wow. That must have hurt, even she-who-has-no-feelings. But of course, now she can hold this over Mom's head in punishment til the day one of them dies.

A borderline's worst fear -abandonment.

This is so dead-on. What an insight!

Is there any worse abandonment that your ENTIRE family going on vacation while your death sentence is pending? It's almost like they are rubbing her face in it. Oh and Dad who was too sick to come down for the trial and they claim "doesn't travel well" is on this road trip too?! OUCH!!

I thought she testified that he called her an idiot, said a five year old could hold a camera better than she could, and "Fu**g kill you *****! Then he lunged. So he had to die.

Right?

Anagrammy

The question she was actually asked was not the last thing they spoke about that evening before Travis allegedly went buck wild.

She was actually asked what they had been talking about before she dropped the camera.

That's disingenuous editing. She's so malevolent on her own that it debases a news organization to manipulate how she answered the complete question she was asked.

If she'd actually said they were talking about "nothing in particular, just which photos should be deleted, which ones to keep" the THs, including NG and JVM would be going off the charts everywhere that she'd been caught on tape contradicting the one major detail that propelled her defense position.

I'm no fan of the CM but I believe in integrity in reporting.

Please goggle HLN Emai scroll down to email jodi sent to Travis' employer. Did this come out in the trial. I just saw this now for the first time. All I could think was I cant wait for her to go to Perryville.

From AP today: "If Arias is sentenced to death, she would join a small number of condemned women in the United States. While women account for about one in eight U.S. murder arrests, less than 2 percent of death row inmates are women, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.
Only one woman - convicted killer Eva Dugan - has ever been executed in Arizona. Dugan was hanged in 1930."

And Eva Dugan's head popped off and landed at onlookers' feet. It doesn't sound like AZ is leading the nation in prison reform, and citizens know that life behind bars there is horrendous and are fine with that. The Arias jurors who opted for life probably know what awaits JA at Perryville and thought she'd fit right in with the many other unfixably disturbed evildoers there. I hope the MC DA opts to forego another trial and lets JSS give JA LWOP. I think she'd soon long for the quiet and safety of death row, where there's no realistic chance of the sentence ever being carried out for women in AZ. She wouldn't be a special "one of only 3" on death row, spending her time reading, writing, and corresponding with pen pals. She'd be just another orange-suited drone working for pennies and fearfully watching her back every miserable moment of every long, indentical day.

Please goggle HLN Emai scroll down to email jodi sent to Travis' employer. Did this come out in the trial. I just saw this now for the first time. All I could think was I cant wait for her to go to Perryville.

I did read about this during the trial, it was something along the lines of 'don't believe what everyone is saying, innocent until proven guilty' hogwash.

Edited to add the email:

I am writing this letter in regards to Travis Alexander, whose life was taken last June. He was a good friend of mine. Am also, at present, in custody as I am being charged with his murder.

I am not writing this solely to plead my own innocence. That goes without saying -- as Travis meant the world to me and I would never harm him.

It is my understanding that his memory will be honored and recognized in Las Vegas this September. I would humbly remind those who say any different -- that I am innocent until proven guilty.

It is with a spirit of humility that I would ask that if I am in any way referenced during Travis' memorial at the team breakout, that my implied innocence is taken into account.

With humble gratitude,

Jodi Ann Arias

As for the parents...I just have to throw this out there. Who in their right mind goes sightseeing at the Grand Canyon while your child is waiting for a jury to decide their fate?

K

Respectfully snipped.

I think there's something really odd about that, and more to the story we're not hearing. Jodi's mother seemed genuinely concerned about her in those interviews, and was in court every day.

:notgood:

I still can't believe this is happening. I am so grateful they got it right with the Murder 1 conviction and the aggravating factors proven but its still so heart breaking for this family :(

Morning!!! WOW!!! is it true that a juror was crying & apologized to ,Alexander family after they were dismissed??? if so why would anyone do that ? to cause more pain than they already have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:banghead:I'm just lost for words at the moment!!!:banghead:

Good Morning.

I also do not know what to say. When it came down to brass tacks someone on the jury was obviously not DP certified. It was said on TV last night (which) I shut off as I could not take anymore) that people lie all the time.
Some juror said oh yeah I would have no problem but when it came down to it they did.
Jodi must be doing back flips and head stands because like she said "No jury will ever convict me".:stormingmad:

I'm looking for that, but haven't found it yet. Did find this on Dr. D's FB:

"On Thursday night, HLN’s Dr. Drew talked to one of the reporters who heard Jodi Arias explain why she did a headstand while she was alone in an interrogation room in July of 2008.

“'It was such an odd answer, Dr. Drew,' ABC15’s Amy Murphy explained. 'She said, ‘The reason I did a headstand after I had been charged is because I looked around, and I saw this beautiful carpet on the floor, and I figured I was going to a place where I wouldn't have carpeting anymore and I like to do headstands on carpet.’ That was her answer.'"

Pretty sure it was so CKJA could get rosy cheeks for her close-up! :floorlaugh:

Good Morning.

I also do not know what to say. When it came down to brass tacks someone on the jury was obviously not DP certified. It was said on TV last night (which) I shut off as I could not take anymore) that people lie all the time.
Some juror said oh yeah I would have no problem but when it came down to it they did.
Jodi must be doing back flips and head stands because like she said "No jury will ever convict me".:stormingmad:

But Farm, they did convict her. She is not getting out. She is a convicted murderer of the worst kind.

Right now she is stuck in a cell 23 hours a day. She will only see her attorneys and get a phone call with her mom. Guess what? Her attorneys will not visit every day. She can expect to see less of them until the Alexander family is able to decide if they want to continue. Then, she will only see them as necessary, and once it is all finally over, she will never see them again.

She will go stir crazy with no audience that she thinks she is playing mind games with.

Not to mention talking to deadly scorpions, any other bugs or rats that may visit her cell, oh, and her cat picture to remind her of what she thinks she is.

She is now all alone, for quite some time. Her worst nightmare.

Anyone think the holdouts went home and saw JA's media tour and said to themselves "oh F me..."
I don't. I think their minds were made up before they even went into deliberations. Maybe even before the trial actually started. It doesn't sound like there were much deliberations before there was a problem. I don't think anything would have changed their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419