Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Newone's confirmation, I don't remember the other source of them walking to Tim's.

Also for anyone local to that area....I need to know the location of an old Timmies or a an old Waffle House at or near Wilson-2 and Trinity-52.

Can anyone help or remembers the location when the building was a Waffle House?

was
The Cannon

179 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Z4, Canada ‎ 14 km E

+1 289-700-0088 ‎
Category: Waffle House

"Tasty, Detour coffee" -

Maybe you are thinking of The Egg and I on Garner Rd? Theres also a Tim Hortons (just down the street from the Egg and I) accessible from both Wilson St. and Garner Rd... Both are about 5 mins away from TB's house..

ETA: Sorry - talking about where Garner Road and Wilson street merge together..

Great, thanks very much...I assume that Egg and I is in the small strip mall at the south east corner of Garner and Trinity?

And was there ever a Waffle house there or near?

Other than Newone's confirmation, I don't remember the other source of them walking to Tim's.

Also for anyone local to that area....I need to know the location of an old Timmies or a an old Waffle House at or near Wilson-2 and Trinity-52.

There used to be a place called Jocko's at 1180 Wilson Street West that served pancakes but that place has been gone for close to 30 years.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1180+...Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario+L0R&z=17

I also have a vague recollection of a Maple Leaf Pancake House on Brant Hwy 2/53 on the outskirts of Brantford.

There used to be a place called Jocko's at 1180 Wilson Street West that served pancakes but that place has been gone for close to 30 years.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1180+...Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario+L0R&z=17

I also have a vague recollection of a Maple Leaf Pancake House on Brant Hwy 2/53 on the outskirts of Brantford.

Thanks VGL...was the Maple Leaf one near a road or hiway 18?

I am following a lead on where the perps leaving Tim's home went and I keep coming up around Wilson and CR 18 which is East from 52/Trinity.

And that doesn't seem to fit in. Is there an old Waffle house location there in Ancaster?

I am following a lead on where the perps leaving Tim's home went and I keep coming up around Wilson and CR 18 which is East from 52/Trinity.

And that doesn't seem to fit in. Is there an old Waffle house location there in Ancaster?

There's The Egg And I right at the intersection of 53 and Wilson, which is an all day breakfast/family restaurant type of place.

edit: now that I think about it, it isn't TEAI that you might be referring to.

There's a strip of Hwy 2/Wilson that stretches from Shaver Road until 53/Garner merges with Wilson. That area used to be a motel alley of sorts but most of it is gone now replaced by the Power Centre box mall buildings and the Toyota dealership near 53 and Wilson. One motor hotel remains across from what used to be Harley's Furniture before it was torn down for the Power Centre. I'll try and dig up some old photos of the area but if there was a waffle house type place there in the past it's a good bet it was close to the motor hotel strip.

Where is CR 18? I can't find it on the map. The Maple Leaf was well west of Trinity just outside of Brantford.

There's a Tim Horton's not too far from that intersection (Wilson & Garner). Not sure about Waffle House, but there's the Egg & I restaurant there too.

There's a Tim Horton's not too far from that intersection (Wilson & Garner). Not sure about Waffle House, but there's the Egg & I restaurant there too.

There was a pancake place there years ago called Jocko's. On the same triangular shaped piece of land where Tim Horton's is.

The early reports did in fact say that he had his phone number on the ad. Kijiji responded by saying it wasn't through their site that he was contacted because according to their records, no one responded to his ad nor did he provide any personal contact info. No one responded, meaning, no one clicked on the ad and contacted him via kijiji's option to contact the poster of the ad.

However (and I only know this because I also use kijiji) if a seller puts their number on there, as LE stated TB did, all you have to do is click and it shows the contact number. You never have to use the "contact this seller" or message the seller through the service. All you have to do is write down the phone number.

There were a few screenshots in early MSM articles showing the original ad and the phone number was in fact on there. Here's kijiji's actual statement:

http://kijijiblog.ca/online-safety/

Yes...I use kijiji as well & I'm familiar with the "click here" feature in the top right corner... to reveal the phone # as well as the e-mail option :)

I recall as well that numerous people had seen the screen shots/ad itself WITH the #.
I think what was confusing was, the initial reports were that it HAD been there...then the statement came out *from kijiji* that there wasn't personal info in the ad.

I know I don't put my # ''in" my ads either...I go for the 'hidden' option......

So there probably wasn't in this ad either *I'm assuming here*...not in the actual 'text' of the ad ...they are kind of working on the basis of a 'technicality' in this I think....*kijiji*...it's kind of....1/2 right....if you know what I mean? :)

There was that as well, but there was something saying they had video surveillance of the truck being followed by another vehicle (didn't specify it was from TB's house). The way it was worded gave the impression that the video surveillance was from when they left, not when they got to Brantford.

Hope I'm quoting this right:
"as video evidence shows another vehicle following Bosma's pickup truck when he left on the test drive, Kavanagh said"

That's from this article:
http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=c2b46b7b-5944-4c2b-8881-55bc51676ff5

LE might be referring to the traffic camera that's at the corner of Trinity road and Hwy 2 (not far from TB's house). It is a left turn* onto Hwy 2 towards Brantford -- Trinity Road doesn't see very much traffic except when there's big events at the Ancaster Fairgrounds (which is on this corner) so two vehicles making left turns from Trinity in a short amount of time would be uncommon, if not unusual. If LE has other traffic camera footage of the two vehicles closer to Brantford then it would be a clear demonstration that the Yukon was a chase vehicle.

*I emphasized the left turn because there is a chance they hit a red light at that corner and had to wait, which would give the trailing Yukon enough time to be directly behind TB's truck. It's entirely possible the Yukon didn't follow closely right away so as not to spook TB early but then was able to get closer once they were away from TB's house. Keep in mind that it would be pretty difficult to communicate to another car if you weren't using cell phones (which would make TB suspicious) at 9:30 pm.

There's been some supposition that they turned right at Trinity and Hwy 2 and proceeded to the industrial park on Tradewind Drive given the (tenuous?) Kawasaki Robotics connection to MS. If that were the case and they dealt with TB there then they would likely have to cross the Trinity Road Hwy 2 intersection AGAIN (and get picked up by the cameras) to get to Brantford. The span of time given (~9:30-10:10) until the truck was supposedly spotted in Downtown Brantford doesn't jibe with them taking the back roads to get to Brantford -- you would have to go all the way back to Shaver Road (through another possible traffic camera at 53 and Wilson) and then head south and double back onto Book Road (which crosses Trinity). Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

In case you missed it, the day of the announcement for the second arrest, in the presser, LE announced they had narrowed the possible route taken to 3. I feel pretty confident in saying this comes from cell tower pinging.

Has a map been posted yet, for cell towers?

In case you missed it, the day of the announcement for the second arrest, in the presser, LE announced they had narrowed the possible route taken to 3. I feel pretty confident in saying this comes from cell tower pinging.

Do you have a link re: narrowed the possible route taken to 3?

Canadian cell tower map

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Of course we do not know the cell phone provider for TB

This google image shows the intersection. I believe the small building may housed a Donut Diner or somethin similar, currently the whole plaza appears to be deserted. As a local I toured through the area, there is some illegal dumping going on behind the plaza, and I assume the search parties had already searched the whole area.
I too believe that the vehicle was overtaken while on Trinity Road.
The local Tim Horton's is a Right Turn from Trinity, the Google map is inaccurate as the Timmie's has a new building, the one shown on Google is now empty. This is a heavy traffic area, with a large parking lot. Locals know there is always activity at a Timmie's regardless of the time of day/night. I do not believe the vehicles ever made it to Tim Horton's. Local word of mouth is that TB had called SB from the vehicle to inform he was driving the two males to Tim Horton's to meet up with their ride.

Attachments

• Wilson.jpg
    Wilson.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 32
New here, and although I have read most of this thread, I did miss a few pages, so excuse me if this has already been brought up and discussed...LE says TB cell turned off within a mile of his home, but doesn't give a time it was turned off, which could suggest the vehicle following somehow had the truck pull over as if to steal it, making DM and MS in the truck "seem" uninvolved, a struggle or whatever occurred at this point resulting in the murder of TB

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497873&postcount=7"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497873&postcount=7[/ame]

The "mile from home" is not likely to be accurate

LE might be referring to the traffic camera that's at the corner of Trinity road and Hwy 2 (not far from TB's house). It is a left turn* onto Hwy 2 towards Brantford -- Trinity Road doesn't see very much traffic except when there's big events at the Ancaster Fairgrounds (which is on this corner) so two vehicles making left turns from Trinity in a short amount of time would be uncommon, if not unusual. If LE has other traffic camera footage of the two vehicles closer to Brantford then it would be a clear demonstration that the Yukon was a chase vehicle.

*I emphasized the left turn because there is a chance they hit a red light at that corner and had to wait, which would give the trailing Yukon enough time to be directly behind TB's truck. It's entirely possible the Yukon didn't follow closely right away so as not to spook TB early but then was able to get closer once they were away from TB's house. Keep in mind that it would be pretty difficult to communicate to another car if you weren't using cell phones (which would make TB suspicious) at 9:30 pm.

There's been some supposition that they turned right at Trinity and Hwy 2 and proceeded to the industrial park on Tradewind Drive given the (tenuous?) Kawasaki Robotics connection to MS. If that were the case and they dealt with TB there then they would likely have to cross the Trinity Road Hwy 2 intersection AGAIN (and get picked up by the cameras) to get to Brantford. The span of time given (~9:30-10:10) until the truck was supposedly spotted in Downtown Brantford doesn't jibe with them taking the back roads to get to Brantford -- you would have to go all the way back to Shaver Road (through another possible traffic camera at 53 and Wilson) and then head south and double back onto Book Road (which crosses Trinity). Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

LE believes TB was killed early? I wonder if LE has video or something to confirm that considering he was burned?

Just watched the presser for the second arrest and there is NO mention of possible routes taken

http://new.livestream.com/joeycoleman-ca/events/2103111

Yes...I use kijiji as well & I'm familiar with the "click here" feature in the top right corner... to reveal the phone # as well as the e-mail option :)

I recall as well that numerous people had seen the screen shots/ad itself WITH the #.
I think what was confusing was, the initial reports were that it HAD been there...then the statement came out *from kijiji* that there wasn't personal info in the ad.

I know I don't put my # ''in" my ads either...I go for the 'hidden' option......

So there probably wasn't in this ad either *I'm assuming here*...not in the actual 'text' of the ad ...they are kind of working on the basis of a 'technicality' in this I think....*kijiji*...it's kind of....1/2 right....if you know what I mean? :)

I know exactly what you mean. I also think kijiji made themselves look less than honest when early reports of the same ad suddenly DIDN'T have his number showing (I didn't see those, just read a bunch of tweets about it) when the prior ones did - then came out denying it was through their site he was contacted. Hard to say really but it definitely raised a few eyebrows.

There's been a LOT of "no you see it, now you don't" going on with social media, MSM articles and details that were there, then suddenly gone. I suspect part of that is due to request of LE, part of it is horrified and humiliated family members and friends/associates, and part is some kind of damage control and distancing from anyone associated with this case. All pretty understandable I suppose.

New here, and although I have read most of this thread, I did miss a few pages, so excuse me if this has already been brought up and discussed...LE says TB cell turned off within a mile of his home, but doesn't give a time it was turned off, which could suggest the vehicle following somehow had the truck pull over as if to steal it, making DM and MS in the truck "seem" uninvolved, a struggle or whatever occurred at this point resulting in the murder of TB

Good point about the cell phone being turned off within a mile.

That sounds pretty darn quick and deliberate, doesn't it?

While we don't know if it was turned off immediately, during the first mile driven, we can assume that safely, I think.

Would there be fingerprints on the phone, left by the person turning it off?

Considering they said the phone was found but not by who there could be other prints on it and whose to say they are even usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member