Identified! TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, on lake shore, Jun'13 - Magda Warski

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I own 8 pairs and 3 of their heeled types (they make dress shoes now) - I can grab them on amazon sometimes for 40.00 from the UK. I've never paid more than 90.00. My first pair in the 90s (wine colored 18holed) ran about 200.00 though. You can get them really cheap on amazon and they are rarely over 150.00 for mens and hard to find sizes.

Yeah, you certainly can get them on sale. By retail I meant MSRP. I've got... let's just say I jokingly call my self the Imelda Marcos of Docs and Chucks. :)

It could be remembrance tattoos but I still feel they are for her. Trust me, I'm a veteran and have been around hundreds of others at VA centers across the country and I've seen tattoos as bad as these. When I got out I was destitute. If it weren't for my parents I would have been homeless. I feel for this woman and hope she is identified and given a proper burial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If they were in honor or memory of someone, I would think there would be a name or at least a date.

They seem like in and out tattoos to me. One when she enlisted, one when she was honorably discharged.

But wouldn't her prints have matched?

It could be remembrance tattoos but I still feel they are for her. Trust me, I'm a veteran and have been around hundreds of others at VA centers across the country and I've seen tattoos as bad as these. When I got out I was destitute. If it weren't for my parents I would have been homeless. I feel for this woman and hope she is identified and given a proper burial.

I figured you were affiliated with the military somehow when you mentioned DOD previously. (Dept. of Defense).
Thank You for serving!! :) Saddened to hear about the hard times as a civilian.
I am one Proud Army Brat!! :)

Pretty sad the way we just dump our veterans on the streets when they get home.

i don't feel she's a vet. People get tattoos for all sorts of reasons. Her work is definitely "kitchen tattoo artist" material aka homemade or in some cheap shop. I didn't look close enough to see if it's a stick n' poke though. The red on it shows it's not that old (at most 3 years). Red tends to fade with sun exposure or if the ink is low quality. I can't see this being the top of the line vegan ink or even a decent machine used.

I do think this has a lot to do with the biker thingie that went on a week prior. Maybe she caught a ride there, maybe to "work" and things got out of hand. I would be very interested in knowing her tox screen. I really feel she will be recognized. She's in the age group that uses social media, so somewhere out there is an FB with her tattoos pictured in it. Too bad fb doesn't have image recognition software.

Did anyone look through backpage for the time frame around her DOD to see if they can rule out it being a working girl?

They do look similar but that's a mug shot and you can tell by looking at her that most likely she has substance abuse issues. I cannot see her making it to Tx however, it's worth a shot. Better to be safe than sorry!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373412479.903873.jpg
Not the best side by side, I'm using iPhone, but looking at side by side they are similar but don't think they're the same girl

Actually, they're back in among certain groups. Punks and artists have never really left them. Unfortunately, skinheads never left them either (and that is why I asked about the laces).

New Doc stores are opening every few months. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of design/color/pattern combinations.

Black 1460s are the entry level pair and sound like what she was wearing. They're basically the black high top chuck taylors of docs.

Do you think if they were steel toed versions they'd mention it?

(I never realized my shoe obsession would come in handy here.)

I doubt they would mention it but, you never know.
Best shoes ever made IMO... they never wear out.

Does riding a motorcycle lead to certain wear patterns on boots?

I think that's a very good possible! Stats all line up. No mention of tattoos, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have any.

That looks like the same person to me.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

It may just be the angle of the different pictures, but both of them seem to have a peculiar looking right nostril.

i noticed that too. I have this "habit" of looking at nostrils (I worked in a drug detox facility and we often did this too) and I noticed both have deviated septum's and based on the nostrils .. i call that "cocaine nose job". It makes nostrils uneven with frequent use. Or any drug you insufflate. Of course I don't know if JD or the missing woman have done drugs but the nostrils pretty much say "yes".

I really think this should be submitted as a possible match.

I *think* I found her FB page. Last update was June 25th. No photo but has a sibling (female) that lives in AZ and goes to TX. Please submit this as a possible match :)

Oh weird! She went missing in JAN! Am I reading this right?

"Jaclyn Kay Descamp, 33, was last seen Jan. 10 in the 300 block of Oak Street and was reported missing under unknown circumstances, according to a BPD news release."

.. still worth a shot. Who reported her missing?

Edited to add: I'm about 99.9% positive that I found the correct FB. One of her commenters and close friend is in Bakersfield. so how missing is she if she was updating her FB on June 25th?

I literally came across her photo looking for someone else and did a double take.

I cant find any other info apart from news articles.

Ps. I have no idea how to submit im kinda new and only comment now and then would someone please submit ? I know its a long shot but stranger things have happened..

Tia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
black cat in the wind