George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting position and I see your point.

This is what I would have done.

Created the case around GZ misleading the investigation with his account.

Finding or accounting for the missing minutes between the 911 call and GZ's 911 call.

Disprove his account on the way GZ said he shot TM. Use the trajectory of the bullet to showing how the gun was positioned.

----------------------------

Side note: A one shot kill is a controlled shot.

That still would not have helped you because he is not charged with that. The detectives said they believed him as a whole. He did not mislead. He told his version of events.

There is no proof that it happened anyway than other than he said and there in lies the trouble. People can suppose and imagine all they want. But the truth is that there is nothing to refute what he said happened and it is even upheld by witnesses and the states own witnesses.

I didn't see any friends, or otherwise, in the video at the 7-11.
I wonder what this new introduction is about? IMO

This case really makes you think and I mean that seriously. imo

It makes me think about getting my CCL & carrying a weapon just in the case I am confronted, taunted & beaten by ANY ONE in my personal space. End of times, friends! Gotta protect ourselves, right?!

An interesting position and I see your point.

This is what I would have done.

Created the case around GZ misleading the investigation with his account.

Finding or accounting for the missing minutes between the 911 call and GZ's 911 call.

Disprove his account on the way GZ said he shot TM. Use the trajectory of the bullet to showing how the gun was positioned.

----------------------------

Side note: A one shot kill is a controlled shot.

Perhaps the state didn't present their case as you suggest because they didn't have the evidence to back it up. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Defending himself from being shot, stabbed, kidnapped, robbed.
In this case was a reasonable and substanciated fear.

Not in evidence. In fact he calls GZ names during the call to RJ. He was not in fear. To me it sounds like he felt that GZ was a joke and. or was mad.

AS per state witness RJ.

qwerty2013, prolly the best definition or analogy for circumstantial evidence that I have come across is;

'If you go to bed at night and there is no snow on the ground. Yet, when you wake up the next morning and peer out the window to see that there is an accumulation of snow on the ground.'

"It snowed during the night"...

You're gonna need evidence if you say it started snowing at 7:11 pm.

Closing.

I will be listening more than posting but I am still here!

Really? You would behave dishonestly to avoid the consequences of your actions? I wouldn't. And I don't believe that GZ did.

"Dishonesty"? You are making some insulting assumptions while I was describing a *purely hypothetical* situation. What if I were framed by criminals or corrupt cops? Anyway, my point was, regardless of the circumstances, if I were to find myself in a situation such that punching or slamming myself to create some injury on my person would get me out of jail, especially a life sentence, I would definitely do it.

10-30 years in jail or a bloody nose and some bruises that don't need medical attention. Is that so difficult to choose?

IMO

Defending himself from being shot, stabbed, kidnapped, robbed.
In this case was a reasonable and substanciated fear.

So if someone follows a person, they have the right to beat them up? I don't see where TM would have thought he was going to be stabbed or shot or anything, unless you think GZ brandished his gun and TM attacked a man with a gun. jmo.

State's closing has begun.

Not watching the State's closing. Just cannot. Too emotional...

We have to agree to disagree. TM was no child. I wish the truth of RJ was known. IMO, and only my opinion, I speculate she egged TM on. She feels guilty, did not call to find out why she hadn't heard fom him, did not attend funeral because of said guilt, and did not tell the truth on the stand.

OMO.
I agree that RJ's behavior after the call disconnected and all the way up to this trial is suspect. IMO the guilt she said she felt was not brought on by simply "being the last person to talk" with TM. It seems more logical that her guilt was come from some greater knowledge of what transpired.
That being said, however, I do not hold her or TM to any adult level of cognition.
From what I read and experience I have raising children, I can say confidently that a 17 year old may be mature in body and may be excelling in thought in many ways; however, the development of the pre-frontal cortext has not caught up. Irrational and impulsive behavior is common with this age group. Studies done (see NIMH reports under teenage brain development) show the mortality of teenagers is 200 times that of others (from non-disease related causes). Which is to say they do the dumbest things, risking life and limb for no good reason. Their passions are easily arroused. They are still learning self-control, and they themselves cannot see that they are still children in many cases.
Does this help or hinder TM's case against GZ? I do not really know, but IMO there was an adult and a child on the sidewalk that night, and one of them must be held to a higher level of responsibility. IMO we need to take a breath and ask ourselves, "Who was the grown-up here?"

John Good said on the stand that he only saw fists moving never saw them actually connect.

That is where common sense comes into the equation. GZ had a busted up face and head, which is what John Good saw occurring on that dark and rainy night. Someone used a snow analogy upthread which applies. GZ did NOT beat himself up. IMO MOO

"Dishonesty"? You are making some insulting assumptions while I was describing a *purely hypothetical* situation. What if I were framed by criminals or corrupt cops? Anyway, my point was, regardless of the circumstances, if I were to find myself in a situation such that punching or slamming myself to create some injury on my person would get me out of jail, especially a life sentence, I would definitely do it.

10-30 years in jail or a bloody nose and some bruises that don't need medical attention. Is that so difficult to choose?

IMO

He's not assuming, you said you would injure yourself and that is dishonest. imo

I makes me think about getting my CCL & carrying a weapon just in the case I am confronted, taunted & beaten by ANY ONE in my personal space. End of times, friends! Gotta protect ourselves, right?!
Yep, I have been thinking alot about assuming a persons actions such a following when they may have a legitimate reason for what they are actually doing. Theres a lot of "you better think about it" things connected with this case. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member