GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have refrained from posting on this because I'm a local and am privy to information that isn't public knowledge due to my job, but I have followed this case from the very beginning.

I just wanted to say that I am so incredibly sorry to FM, CC, TJ and especially little K, my heart breaks for all of you. I hope that AS & SK spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison thinking about what they did to that poor baby girl. Justice will be served, and now hopefully little Elaina can get the burial that she deserved.

This is a sad, sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with Baby Elaina, ferretmom and all of their loved ones. This is just heartbreaking.

I still think more arrests are coming....

I sure hope there are. This is horrible and there were more people around that day according to msm. I and many others have wondered why there weren't more people arrested earlier on. I won't mention any names, but a couple of them seemed pretty obvious to me.

God bless you Baby Elaina! You are loved by millions.

I still say that something was wrong with Elaina the day before on that video. She looked like she may have been fussy that day as well. Thus AS rocking her back and forth. Either that or the poor baby was already injured and didn't show it.
I can't imagine anyone causing that kind of harm to a baby. I mean I get upset sometimes and I've even smacked my daughters hand and occasionally her rear, but I could never imagine getting so mad that I lash out to that degree. And the bad part is AS doesn't even seem to care. How can you one day be rocking and loving on your baby and the next the baby be dead from someone harming it and you know about it but never say a word? I find the whole thing insane and the bad part is I don't think I could see her without wanting to hurt her.
I agree with you that Elaina may have been difficult to get to take a nap that day. That is what I felt AS was trying to accomplish by rocking her back and forth on the porch. I wonder if AS lost her temper because Elaina didn't want to take a nap. I just hate that this happened and I so wish it could have been prevented. I wish AS had just given her to TJ or to her dad or someone to take care of if she didn't want to take care of her herself.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=943092#.UilmJ-Bj7Hg

Schiewe goes on to say that an account for Baby Elaina has been set up at Genoa Bank.

:furious:

IMO - he needs to butt the hello out!! He has done NOTHING to help search for this precious baby!! This really ticks me off. If anyone deserves any donations, it's TJ and his family! The egg donor doesn't need donation $ going to her lawyer bills. UGH!! :banghead:

I totally agree! I think we've all heard QUITE enough out of that one!

If RS had some knowledge of this and then dragging the family through hell for 3 months and creating trouble, fighting with ES's family, luring TJ over to his side with false promises of baby's momentos ....... his butt needs to be picked up too. He had to have known something..... there is no way he noticed one missing box in a ' trash pile ' of 100s of old boxes all over the place and up on rafters and covered in trash. Zero chance .

I have ALWAYS had a bad feeling about that guy. I just do not trust ANYthing out of his mouth.

Taylor Dungjen
‏@taylordungjen 4m Here's a picture of Richard Schiewe's new tattoo. He had the portrait of Elaina done Wednesday: pic.twitter.com/YCslEGkMcr

BTfVIavCYAAXa0J.jpg

OY! That's just awful! He really needs to get his money back! And in future, I wouldn't go get a tattoo at a place with the words "white trash" in the name (as specified in the article I read earlier that gave the name of the tattoo parlor he went to). -js

I'm glad they found her. I'm glad this poor little girl wasn't thrown in the water.

These are almost identical circumstances to the Tia Sharp case in England, that went to trial earlier this year. She was murdered by her step grandfather in a tiny row house and hidden in the attic. She wasn't found for weeks, despite extensive and repeated searches (including the attic), and with dogs. Many, many people who had nothing to do with the crime (including media) were in the house and smelt nothing.

At a very late stage, an officer walked underneath the attic hatch and did smell something, and eventually found Tia in a blanket and plastic bag, right in a corner by the eaves. The failure to find her was never fully explained, as far as I know. The killer pled guilty halfway through the trial, so full details never emerged.

A poster did explain that the very design of an attic can mean an odour wouldn't drift down. And someone else pointed out that a cadaver dog can indicate up, but can't climb into a roof space without a trainer's help.

This has made me think hard about another missing baby's case now.

I still say that something was wrong with Elaina the day before on that video. She looked like she may have been fussy that day as well. Thus AS rocking her back and forth. Either that or the poor baby was already injured and didn't show it.
I can't imagine anyone causing that kind of harm to a baby. I mean I get upset sometimes and I've even smacked my daughters hand and occasionally her rear, but I could never imagine getting so mad that I lash out to that degree. And the bad part is AS doesn't even seem to care. How can you one day be rocking and loving on your baby and the next the baby be dead from someone harming it and you know about it but never say a word? I find the whole thing insane and the bad part is I don't think I could see her without wanting to hurt her.

Very possible she was already injured at that time. IIRC, head injures can cause fussiness, vomiting, etc., and sometimes the child dies later as a result of those injuries. I'm thinking particularly in the cases of shaken baby. At the time, the child might not seem seriously injured. BUT, hours later as the brain swells, more symptoms show up. Sometimes resulting in going to sleep, and not waking up. One of the reasons if you take a child to be seen by a DOCTOR with a head injury, the child is to be monitored carefully and any new symptoms is to be reported immediately. Even if the child is sleeping, you're suppose to see if you can awaken them easily.

I believe the child was injured, and when she went to sleep, she didn't when she didn't wake up, everyone in the house realized she had died! IMO! Panic ensued, and instead of telling the truth, they ALL covered the facts up! IMO, AS might not have known WHERE the body was taken, but he knew the child was dead! Thus her insisting that she didn't know where Elaina was. LOCK 'EM ALL UP!!! Accessory after the fact. Disposing of a body or whatever it's called when the body isn't given a proper burial! Throw the book at them all! Search the laws and add on every single one that they've broken! They ALL impeded in the investigation, IMO!

I am not implying they have known for weeks, I am talking about a small amount of time of knowing and getting SK to talk. The comment of "we didn't drop the ball" makes me think this. Because for all intents and purposes it certainly looks like they dropped the ball...big time. If Casey Anthony has taught us anything, its LE needs to have every single duck and any possible duck relatives in a row to get a conviction.

Body + confession = conviction
Body + no confession = A hell of alot harder job to get it done. JMO

confession + plea deal = not what they are after. they will settle for that, sure... but if they even had an idea, there would have been no plea deal.

I, personally, do not have the answers. But, I can promise you that I have been in the shoes of a family that has 'lost' a precious baby and I know for a fact that most of the time LE KNOWS WHAT and WHO was responsible, but without PROOF there is nothing they can do. Sad fact of life. :( My heart goes out for anyone who has been there.

The article that was posted before saying SK told them where baby was is unsubstantiated as far as I can tell (can't find it now) that is the only media source that said that, and TPD has not said that. Now of course we all assume he did because he was at safety building that day and then they found baby.

I am a supporter of Toledo Police. They have been working many years at less than full strength because money has to be fought over to start a new police class. This has been going on for a number of years and at one time I think they were 100 officers down from where they should be based on size of city. So to have the manpower they devoted in the beginning put a definite strain on protecting other parts of the city. I get that. I understand that. But to execute a search party on the property that did NOT include the garage, and/or say the garage was to unstable, or to not search it from top to bottom IS a dropped ball no matter how many ways you cut it.
I was married to a police officer here for many years. My ex was undercover drugs. The search warrants he executed included every single structure located on the property including garages, shacks, tool sheds, and even dog houses and they TORE those places apart and sorry to say, they knew exactly what judges to go to to have their warrants signed (sometimes with shaky but legal evidence because the judge was very PRO POLICE.) On warrants you have to make sure there is enough there to warrant a search or it will get thrown out. My ex would leave No stone left unturned. I know for a fact that if my ex was part of that warrant he would have climbed to the top of that rafter and opened every box and if he had to he would tear into drywall or would tear down walls. While I support the police and their efforts it is jmo that there was negligence here...unless the box was NOT there but the captain has already gone into save my *advertiser censored* mode saying that it was dangerous, junky, packed, etc. Excuses. The Chief is new to the position taking over for the previous Chief (Mike Navarre-excellent) so maybe he just is inexperienced and no matter how we don't discuss it, the positions held in Toledo of this nature are ALL POLITICAL, including the coroner. It's a very tight town fraught with nepotism amongst other things regarding political appointments. I mean our prosecutor, Julia Bates, is married to a sitting common pleas judge, causing money and time to be spent by the county letting criminals file motions for their cases to not be heard by Judge Bates because of conflict of interest. Its ridiculous.
If anything does go to trial, I cannot imagine that they would get a fair trial here and any attorney would motion for a change of venue, but if they can never find a COD and all they have is SK's tip that that is where Elaina was put, what is the charge?? Abuse of a corpse? Lying to police? Hindering investigation? I'm sure they will slap him AND her with everything they can but it won't be murder. They can try, but it just won't stick IMO. The evidence has decomposed away and that is solely because TPD did not do thorough search. They didn't execute the search properly if they didn't include the garage and if they did include the garage, they had a commanding officer tell officers not to search it, or there was an officer(s) that did not do their job properly by not finding that box if it was there the whole time. Sad to say, but that is the truth. For them to be diving the river BEFORE searching every inch of that place was a waste of time and resources no matter how ou cut it. The Chief can say they were decieived by people in community etc...but that's just throwing more mud in the water. Deception or no..THEY SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED EVERY INCH of that property. No excuses. I can't even go to where they didn't notify TJ that they were searching property again and he had to hear from neighbors what was going on..inexcusable....My thoughts and prayers to the family and the sweet soul of Elaina..at least she is safe now.
if TPD would have done thourough search there would have been an excellent chance of finding out COD as there would be flesh and organs left to test or wounds to see. At this point, unless SK himself admitted to doing it, there is no way a murder charge can be brought JMO...This whole thing is soooo frustrating and disappointing.

Very possible she was already injured at that time. IIRC, head injures can cause fussiness, vomiting, etc., and sometimes the child dies later as a result of those injuries. I'm thinking particularly in the cases of shaken baby. At the time, the child might not seem seriously injured. BUT, hours later as the brain swells, more symptoms show up. Sometimes resulting in going to sleep, and not waking up. One of the reasons if you take a child to be seen by a DOCTOR with a head injury, the child is to be monitored carefully and any new symptoms is to be reported immediately. Even if the child is sleeping, you're suppose to see if you can awaken them easily.

I believe the child was injured, and when she went to sleep, she didn't when she didn't wake up, everyone in the house realized she had died! IMO! Panic ensued, and instead of telling the truth, they ALL covered the facts up! IMO, AS might not have known WHERE the body was taken, but he knew the child was dead! Thus her insisting that she didn't know where Elaina was. LOCK 'EM ALL UP!!! Accessory after the fact. Disposing of a body or whatever it's called when the body isn't given a proper burial! Throw the book at them all! Search the laws and add on every single one that they've broken! They ALL impeded in the investigation, IMO!

So is the theory that she was either accidentally injured which resulted in death and then the cover-up or was she purposely abused which resulted in death and then the cover-up? And therefore actual pre-meditated murder is not the case here? I am sort of confused.

Emotions run so high when something like this happens and I feel we might never know COD unless someone talks or they find something in the autopsy.

there simply isnt a cop on earth that takes on a badge thinking it will be a safe job on every call. and gimme a break, a garage is among the safer circumstances they encounter, imo...

FYI - LE can't just go back to someone's property on a "tip", especially the potential crime scene. Search warrants aren't just given out every time somebody calls something in, it takes evidence. Just because a search warrant was provided in the beginning, doesn't give LE carte blanche to go back there over and over again. I'm sure the King's would not have allowed LE on the property without a search warrant. At least this search warrant won't get tossed and it looks like there will be justice for Elaina and her family. I hope so!! Hopefully, there are a few more arrests as well. There is no way, IMO, that only SK and AS were involved.

Also, the tattoo on RS is HIDEOUS! Please don't post it again, it makes me want to :puke: It doesn't surprise me that he got it on Wednesday. That is the same day he was crying his eyes out on camera, and was much more dramatic about his daughter not killing "that baby". Gawd...I hate it when he says that, her name was ELAINA!!!!!

ETA: This "tip", dog "hit" was from a known person, who claims to be psychic, who goes from crime scene to crime scene and invents information, inserting herself into cases.

Search warrant was my point exactly on the garage not being combed through on multiple occasions. Of course, No one listened to me.
:facepalm:

You have to go before a judge as a lead investigator/lead LE on case and request a warrant based off of the sufficient evidence you present that judge... So it's really more about what the judge will/will not allow them to do.

:banghead:

:ufo:

If I were LE, for instance, and a judge denied my request to search the home (garage or house) again after having the LE SAR cadaver dog indicate and after witnessing poor living conditions, I would ask the judge at least for a warrant to surveil. I also would call the FBI as I obviously did not have the resources/connections on the State level to surveil the King's in the fashion I would wish.

I'm sure the judge figured picking up A and S would do the trick and adding any more pressure to the situation might compromise the chances of getting either party to confess/rat anyone out. The judge wanted the LE to stick to the plan.

But A and S never gave up the info even after months of arrest, so plan B came into action:

Retrieve the remains and hopefully the remains will be enough to hang specific parties - which is hard to determine who specifically was responsible if only skeletal and left for 3 months for evidence to disintegrate.

They'll have to check that box for DNA of whoever packed her in there. That will be the smoking gun since her remains are skeletal and have little evidence left (although still some evidence can come even from skeletal remains! Just is more viable to have tissue as well...)

If SK knows what happened, he told LE. They wouldn't cut a deal without knowing all the details. If he lied at any point, the deal will be off the table. IMO - he told them everything, including how she died, if he knows.

I have NO words for the useless egg donor. Except, I hope she rots in prison!

IMO - they all know what happened. That has been my feeling since the very beginning.

Elaina deserved so much better! Why these "parents" would rather kill than give the baby to the other parent/grandparents, is beyond me! Makes zero sense. Go do your darn drugs and let the babies be with someone who gives a damn! It's just sickening.

Good to know. I was not sure how that works.

that poor sweet baby :(

No more discussion about LE knowing for some time that Elaina was in the garage. Unless you can link to something to show this, its not discussable.

Discuss what we know, rumor is not allowed even if you say imo or theory etc. You can base your opinion and theories with what we know at this time. You can not just come up with something based on rumor.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member