IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess the inmates have all escaped? There are none listed. What the heck?

"Investigators said officers from local, state and federal agencies are continuing to follow up on a large number of leads, including viewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video from numerous area businesses.

Investigators said they believe the person or persons who took the girls used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area. They said the abductor "might have had a legitimate reason to be in the immediate area of Meyers Lake on July 13, due to their job, their residence, or their association with someone in the area, or for recreational use of the trail or lake."

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../16505396/-/1nxfc2/-/index.html#ixzz2lKpJkXQI

Tire tracks perhaps? Could they have a general idea of a vehicle type by tracks?...and, of course, they may have something specific on those many hours of surveillance footage. The parked white, boxy vehicle was not mentioned publicly at the time. JMO

RBBM.

Wondering if a bit of car paint may have made contact with the girl's bikes?

Mr. Cook was not at Wylma's residence. They then went on to Tammy's but I didn't hear if they got him or not. Guess I should have checked the Who's In Jail site.

When? Did this happen today or the last couple of days?

RBBM.

Wondering if a bit of car paint may have made contact with the girl's bikes?

Hmm. Good thinking. If the bikes were bumped into or thrown into the back of a vehicle in a hurry (if they were picked up somewhere else than the trail and the bikes then staged), paint could have scraped off onto the bikes. JMO

If I remember correctly, didn't they find a coffee cup at the scene of where the girls were abducted? I wonder if they got any DNA off that cup. It was a Styrofoam cup if I remember correctly.

Bumping for our girls.

JC may be missing piece of puzzle? IDK.

:truce:

Bumping for our girls.

JC may be missing piece of puzzle? IDK.

:truce:

He appears to be a very troubled young man.

Remember, he had overdosed and was hospitalized shortly after the girls went missing.

http://www.wxow.com/story/19130602/uncle-of-missing-iowa-girls-treated-for-overdose

Coincidentally this overdose happened the day before Dan was scheduled to appear on drug charges, and the domestic assault charges. Is it coincidence or almost uncanny timing that the girls disappeared one day after he changed his plea...and then this happens the day before he is to appear again?

Also, this girlfriend overdosed...so was this a planned overdose or just a situation that spiraled out of control quickly? :confused:

The timing of things in this case never ceases to amaze me. :(

Remember, he had overdosed and was hospitalized shortly after the girls went missing.

http://www.wxow.com/story/19130602/uncle-of-missing-iowa-girls-treated-for-overdose

Coincidentally this overdose happened the day before Dan was scheduled to appear on drug charges, and the domestic assault charges. Is it coincidence or almost uncanny timing that the girls disappeared one day after he changed his plea...and then this happens the day before he is to appear again?

Also, this girlfriend overdosed...so was this a planned overdose or just a situation that spiraled out of control quickly? :confused:

I remember that. It was too weird. He was distraught over his nieces' disappearance.

I see the BH County inmates are back. Apparently they didn't track down Jeramia yesterday, as I don't see him listed. As a side note, I'm sad to report that Danielle Steele has apparently taken up a life of crime. Apparently the book-writing hasn't been going well.

O/T but possibly of interest to some:

Join the Poster Partner Program today and receive alerts via email when posters of children missing from your area become available on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children®’s website

http://www.missingkids.com/Posters

Could one even begin to imagine what it would be like; living amongst others, not knowing whether or not that person next to you is responsible for the abduction and death of your child. Wondering who is responsible (a stranger, family member, someone you know), why they did it, did it have anything to do with you personally (revenge, jealousy, hatred), or was it just a random act of your child being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Wondering if this nightmare is ever going to end; will those responsible ever be found. Are other members of your family and/or community at risk of the same fate. Agonizing, not trusting those you would typically trust ... afraid to speak, afraid to leave your comfort zone, afraid of living - what a tragic nightmare this has got to be for the community of Evansdale and the family of Lyric and Elizabeth. :scared:

:please: Praying for answers, truth, and justice!

I'm looking for the article where it states the girls were partially skeletonized. I think it may have been right after they were found. I don't think this information was in many articles. After reading different cases where decomp existed, I am beginning to think if they were only partially skeletonized it would mean they were wrapped in something, otherwise I think it would have been a complete skeleton.

wow !
again? I did not want to be the one to keep bringing that up. And the nagging question "which wheels of justice" came to a screeching halt when these two angels went missing, again when they were discovered? and it seems like we are having a little a deja vu.

Sorry to say this again. wow

Wait, I'm confused. Has something new happened since the November harassment charges and last year's OD with JC? I must have missed something. Can someone clarify? TIA

Wait, I'm confused. Has something new happened since the November harassment charges and last year's OD with JC? I must have missed something. Can someone clarify? TIA

If you look back one page (page 34) post #831 Squeeze posted a link where LE is trying to serve a warrant for JC. That's the "newest" that has happened to which we are discussing. :seeya:

Just heard that MM was arrested for Meth and Marijuana in Fayette Co....

Wow, mom upside down!

"WEST UNION (KWWL) -

Misty Morrissey, the mother of Lyric Cook, has been arrested by Fayette County authorities after a week-long drug investigation.

The Fayette County Sheriff's Office says 36-year-old Morrissey is charged with two counts of delivery of a controlled substance (Crystal Meth), possession with intent to deliver marijuana, ongoing criminal conduct, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

If convicted on all counts, she could serve up to 50 years in prison.

The Fayette County Sheriff's Office and West Union Police Department executed a search warrant at 100 E. Franklin Street in West Union Monday afternoon. The sheriff's office says that's the home Morrissey shared with 25-year-old Todd Michael Henriksen"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500