IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep coming up with common reasons why they can't update us yet. No dna match, no dna, trace dna, contaminated dna or not worthy, they can't find a white SUV, can't link Klunder to a white SUV, the SUV Klunder had or had access to has been demolished (check out the wrecking co's, that's interesting for sure and backgrounds), how did the RSO do it if he had an alibi, was Klunder visiting his friend in Evansdale right by the lake, was the other RSO CFM responsible, was it the in your face bike rider, was it a convicted molester after the the LE last checked any possible DNA (JJB), was this little area half good people and half druggies who neglected their kids & possibly know more and aren't telling, was it the labs and labs are backed upped and since the girls have been found the urgency to test DNA etc,.. has a lower priority status now, the grand jury hasn't conviened this month or whenever yet, or they are waiting on family friends to finally be convicted like they did with Haleigh Cummings and hoping one will give up info on who did it and I'm sure there's more theories, it was another perv never known or suspected?

I feel the frustration, believe me. Sad that this family, the towns & LE are under the microscope to solve this crime. I wish them strength to solve this. It's so long overdue and hope it doesn't take 25 years to have an answer either. They were just two little girls, kids don't deserve this. RIP girls. jmo

Insert bad word here__________________Name_______________Date__________

IMO, Klunder was not involved with abducting and killing Lyric and Lizzie. I feel that Klunder's activities and cell phone usage on July 13, 2012, have been meticulously reviewed. I don't believe his cell phone records indicate he was in Evansdale on that day. Ditto for Seven Bridges. If any DNA was recovered from the girls' remains, I believe it was compared to that of Klunder and no match was made. All JMO, and I know some of my favorite WS posters will disagree with me.

I'm not sure why, after all this time, LE won't comment further about Klunder. LE's handling of this case has puzzled many of us, and all I can do is continue hoping they know what they are doing and that there will eventually be a resolution.

I still believe the perp is someone known by one or both of the families. It is also my opinion that this person planned the crime down to the last detail, and was back in Evansdale in time to participate in searches for Lyric and Lizzie. I feel Lyric and Lizzie were specifically targeted. I don't know if this person acted alone or with others, but I do feel there are people who have info they have not shared with LE. Again, all JMO.

I've read some recent comments by Heather about how Lizzie's abduction and murder have impacted her. Her comments showed me a side of her I hadn't seen until now.

It brought home to me very vividly how the perp(s) acts have shattered so many lives in ways we cannot even imagine.

The Collins family seemed to be a happy, well-thought-of Christian family. Did someone resent that and want to destroy the family? The Cook family, specifically Misty and Dan, were immersed in the meth world. Did someone want to retaliate against them as a result of that?

While there might have been a sexual component to this horrible crime, I feel that the primary motive was to retaliate against one or more family member. JMO.

Sorry for this rant. I feel such anger right now about this case. Two little girls are gone, multiple lives are impacted, and the monster(s) responsible have avoided punishment.

The huge child *advertiser censored* bust (involving mostly boys) posted up thread, is a reminder that child predators may not always be producing these vile videos for sexual gratification, but may do it strictly because it can be very profitable!

Perhaps not only for the dirty money it can generate, but to be used as equally valuable currency in other unsavory matters...
moo.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_6e223240-1c9c-11e3-9c93-001a4bcf887a.html

Perhaps this news article has been brought up a lot already, but I just found it rather despicable that he tried to put all his drug behaviors off on the situation. Especially when it was proven he had this type of behavior before, during, and after their disappearance. It is my honest opinion, and those of many I have encountered in the area, that the perp was more than likely someone that was introduced into the situation by the sketchy pasts of the family mentioned in the article. Meaning I don't think they are directly involved or did anything themselves, but I think the person may have known them through the meth dealings, etc.

This is obviously just my opinion and I could be way off. However, meth is a terrible drug if not the worst in existence. I'm a recovering addict myself, and now it's my goal to get a career helping others who need help getting sober. I will be the first to admit there was a time I would have stolen from friends and family to satisfy my desires for a fix. Granted, I never would have killed anyone or even had the thought, but my point is I got to see first hand the type of shady, sketchy people that the meth business brings you into contact with. The fact they were doing these kinds of things for a long period of time just ups the chances of them meeting that absolutely wrong kind of person; a monster.

I hope I haven't crossed any boundaries, as these are all just my opinions. As far as the Collins family goes, I made some good friends during the search who were and still are in regular contact with the family and very close. They were in church praying and falling on their faces in anguish during the disappearance. From everything I've ever heard about them, they are a beautiful, wonderful, and God-fearing family. Husband and wife are still going strong despite the fact that divorce rates skyrocket to 98% during child disappearance/death situations like these. They have also been getting involved in the community and trying to help others as much as they can. To me, they are the definition of strength and bravery. Either way, my heart goes out to ALL involved, whether they've made mistakes or not along the way.

Does anyone know if there is a "media" forum for our girls?

Thinking of the girls today and just wanted to touch base. I know one of these days this is going to break wide open. In the meantime, my prayers remain with the town and the family.

Police are attempting to serve a federal warrant for Heather & Misty's brother, Jeramia Cook. Not sure if it's related to this or not:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_0dc05642-205a-52bb-822d-7cb35399ab70.html

Surprising, given the troubles the families have been going through....

"Jeramia William Cook, 34, of 712 W. Eighth St., was arrested Wednesday on Donald Street for first-degree harassment, two counts of carrying weapons, assault while displaying a weapon and fifth-degree criminal mischief. He was later released from jail."

Good grief. 34 years old and out causing "criminal mischief". :banghead:

This guy is a real winner isn't he? In and out of every institution there is, costing the tax payer an absolute fortune no doubt.

ETA: I wonder who he was "harassing"....?

http://www.manta.com/c/mmy5c1t/cbc-air-freight (owner Wayne Nathem)

"Wayne Nathem operates CBC Freight in Waterloo. Like so many people, he's hoping for the best, yet fearing the worst, for the two young girls missing from Evansdale.

"We hope everything turns out the best for the whole family. And as parents, I feel saddened the girls haven't been found by now," Nathem said.

As part of the investigation into their disappearance, police went to CBC and looked through every vehicle. Nathem's co-worker Katie Torrey says her son was also questioned by police because he drives a white van. Torrey says that's just another way the missing cousins case has hit home with her. "

http://www.ktiv.com/story/19181585/white-van-suspicions?clienttype=printable

The article in the Courier posted the company as GBC...it is CBC. The owner and Jeramiah have "issues" apparently, and Nathem is the "harrassed". One of the employees was questioned back in August, as you can see from my snip of the article.

MOO

http://www.manta.com/c/mmy5c1t/cbc-air-freight (owner Wayne Nathem)

"Wayne Nathem operates CBC Freight in Waterloo. Like so many people, he's hoping for the best, yet fearing the worst, for the two young girls missing from Evansdale.

"We hope everything turns out the best for the whole family. And as parents, I feel saddened the girls haven't been found by now," Nathem said.

As part of the investigation into their disappearance, police went to CBC and looked through every vehicle. Nathem's co-worker Katie Torrey says her son was also questioned by police because he drives a white van. Torrey says that's just another way the missing cousins case has hit home with her. "

http://www.ktiv.com/story/19181585/white-van-suspicions?clienttype=printable

The article in the Courier posted the company as GBC...it is CBC. The owner and Jeramiah have "issues" apparently, and Nathem is the "harrassed". One of the employees was questioned back in August, as you can see from my snip of the article.

MOO

From your ktiv link dated back in Aug 2012, it seems they were checking out Astro vans. Can a reporter get this kind of DOT info or does a request have to come from LE?

All these white van incidents seem to be drawing suspicion about anyone who drives similar vehicles. The Iowa DOT says there 143 white Chevy Astro vans of all model years registered in Black Hawk County alone.

I've been trying to follow the court cases with Jeramia and a couple of other related friends of the family. Here's JC's & Natham's. He has entered a plea of Not Guilty & out on $71,000 bond. Natham took out a NCO on JC also. Trial, 12/17/13. When he was arrested he also had 3 other charges currently there's two. One was a duplicate per Iowa Courts.

ORDER SETTING TRIAL HARRIS BRADLEY JOHN 10/21/2013 10/22/2013 10/22/2013
Comments: 12/17/13 @ 9 AM & PTC 12/13/13 @ 9 AM

Charges

DOMINION/CONTROL OF FIREARM/OFFENSIVE WEAPON BY FELON

HARASSMENT / 1ST DEG. - 1989 (AGMS)

CARRYING WEAPONS - 1978 (AGMS)

GO ARMED WITH KNIFE BLADE > 8" - 1989 (AGMS)

ASSAULT USE/DISPLAY OF A WEAPON-1989 (AGMS)

There were two more filed on 9/4/13, bond $15,000 Surety Bond. Just says criminal complaint filed by Waterloo Police Dept. The title of the case is ST VS JERAMIA COOK / AG and don't know who AG is or what AG is. Attorney General comes to mind.

BURGLARY 3RD DEGREE (FELD)

ORDER SETTING TRIAL MOOTHART JOSEPH 10/23/2013 10/24/2013 10/24/2013
Comments: 12/17/13 @ 9AM, IPTC 11/21/13 @ 3PM & FPTC 12/12/13 @ 10:30

Next, filed 9/4/13, no court date so far. This is the one that says appointing Juvie PDO. No bond set.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF 5TH DEGREE (SMMS)

ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL AT STATE EXPENSE LEKAR KELLYANN M 10/08/2013 10/08/2013 10/08/2013
Comments: JUVENILE PDO
REQUEST CT. APPOINT. OTHER THAN PUB. DEFENDER 10/08/2013 10/08/2013 10/08/2013
HELD OPEN FOR FURTHER REVIEW GEER TODD A 09/03/2013 09/03/2013 09/03/2013
CRIMINAL COMPLAINT GEER TODD A 09/03/2013 09/03/2013 09/03/2013
Comments: W13-90372

That article above about the federal warrant is dated Sept. 6th. He was bailed out Sept. 4th or 5th, I believe. He also had a charge in 2011 out of Bremer county. It was failure to display/traffic.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TrialSimpFrame

From your ktiv link dated back in Aug 2012, it seems they were checking out Astro vans. Can a reporter get this kind of DOT info or does a request have to come from LE?

All these white van incidents seem to be drawing suspicion about anyone who drives similar vehicles. The Iowa DOT says there 143 white Chevy Astro vans of all model years registered in Black Hawk County alone.

I'm not sure but believe the LE would have to. I just wanted to add that back when they were searching, they searched Astro vans but not it's look alike the Safari van. fwiw

I'm not sure but believe the LE would have to. I just wanted to add that back when they were searching, they searched Astro vans but not it's look alike the Safari van. fwiw

Sounds to me like they were looking for something specific. I remember that they said they most certainly had video of the vehicle arriving and departing the area. I believe it was in the 6 points email or around that time. IIRC. MOO, etc.

"Investigators said officers from local, state and federal agencies are continuing to follow up on a large number of leads, including viewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video from numerous area businesses.

Investigators said they believe the person or persons who took the girls used a vehicle to arrive and depart from the area. They said the abductor "might have had a legitimate reason to be in the immediate area of Meyers Lake on July 13, due to their job, their residence, or their association with someone in the area, or for recreational use of the trail or lake."

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../16505396/-/1nxfc2/-/index.html#ixzz2lKpJkXQI

Tire tracks perhaps? Could they have a general idea of a vehicle type by tracks?...and, of course, they may have something specific on those many hours of surveillance footage. The parked white, boxy vehicle was not mentioned publicly at the time. JMO

Mr. Cook was not at Wylma's residence. They then went on to Tammy's but I didn't hear if they got him or not. Guess I should have checked the Who's In Jail site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal