Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wonderful g if this will affect the baby's ability to "attach."

I've heard stories about children developing "attachment disorder" but I'm not certain of that can happen as young as newborn age or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it. Once she is home as long as they give her the love and stability that she needs, she will be just fine.

In the days before DNA, they would have used blood type and what the baby looks like to make an educated guess that it could be his/Savanna's. Blood typing is much faster. I don't see why they couldn't use that to at least decide to allow him to visit with baby. I understand why they may not be able to give custody right away, but at least let them SEE and HOLD the baby for a few hours. So heartbreaking that they may have to wait weeks for DNA tests to come back. :tears:

Yesterday when I read that the father/BF had not even seen her, I thought, My God, not even a brief supervised type of visitation?

At the time, I had read that the father/BF said they had not even taken his DNA, only Savanna's.

But above, not even a photo.

Yes, harsh, quite harsh to say the least given the tragic circumstances. Put A Rush On It!

I think it has to do with the parents being unmarried and mother being dead, baby not born in hospital and therefore, father not formally ID'd by the mother via paperwork:

<snip> Cass County Social Services President, Chip Ammerman, said “children need to be with relatives when it’s appropriate and that’s best. That they’re capable of caring for a child and meeting the child’s basic needs. So that’s going to be our primary focus.”

Once DNA testing is complete, Cass County Social Services will set up a meeting with the family to discuss how to proceed.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...g-to-see-infant-found-Thursday-441794613.html

<snip & BBM> Police didn't collect DNA evidence from Matheny right away, perhaps because the couple is not married.

On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...y-world-me-says-boyfriend-missing-fargo-woman

I'm not sure how it works in ND but in my state if the parents aren't married there is no legal presumption of paternity and even signing something in the hospital doesn't always fulfill the requirement. I think they should prove it's his before they let the family spend time with the baby simply because... what if it's not? The ones who did this say it's Savanna's (and I'm sure it is) but they are nuts. I think it would be beyond damaging to bond with a baby thinking it is all they have left of Savanna and then find out this is some other baby.

Plus... the baby is safe and cared for at the hospital. The family is out searching for Savanna (I would be too), and the poor dad sounds like he is completely devastated by this and not in a good place to be caring for a newborn. Who would be home with the baby? I understand CPS doing it this way.

In the days before DNA, they would have used blood type and what the baby looks like to make an educated guess that it could be his/Savanna's. Blood typing is much faster. I don't see why they couldn't use that to at least decide to allow him to visit with baby. I understand why they may not be able to give custody right away, but at least let them SEE and HOLD the baby for a few hours. So heartbreaking that they may have to wait weeks for DNA tests to come back. :tears:

'On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.'

So one week not weeks. But still.....................

I will recomment from earlier thread.

About prison justice
The Turtle Mountain Reservation is well represented in North Dakota Prisons.
They are extremely close people as a whole, and will stick together, against others.
The fact these people are white, will make it worse, prison justice in north dakota is not common, and guards run a tight ship here,
but something like this with this much emotion about a young girl, if there are any chances they will be taken.

These guys better hope to be in protective custody the rest of there lives.

And why wouldn't Savanna's parents be able to see even a photo, or have supervised visitation?

The proper agencies know the infant is Savanna's baby and therefore, it's their Grandchild.

This is an unusual rare situation/case where following the written letter of the law is Absurd and Cruel I might add imo

Furthermore, the father/BF's DNA sample should have been taken the day that infant was found!

'On Friday morning, Fargo Police asked Matheny to come in so they could collect DNA evidence from him. They took three cotton swabs worth of DNA from the inside of his mouth. Matheny was told results would take about a week to produce.'

So one week not weeks. But still.....................

I truly hope it is only a week but many cases on here take much longer than a week to get DNA results back. Maybe since it's a paternity test it will be faster than other type of DNA tests. IDK. By the time a week from Friday goes by, however, he will have been deprived of Savanna AND his baby for almost 2 weeks. So much happens quickly in these early days of development. It's a travesty to not at least let him see pictures of the baby or look at her in a nursery through the glass or SOMETHING.

I do not understand why they are not releasing the baby to her father.

Being placed in protective custody by social services is a not a negative thing in this case. Until LE feels confident they have everyone who is responsible then it is best for the baby girl to be safe. JMO, social services probably has been in contact with the baby's father and relatives re visitation. This organization doesn't verbalize through the media what the family plan is for their individual cases.

And why wouldn't Savanna's parents be able to see even a photo, or have supervised visitation?

The proper agencies know the infant is Savanna's baby and therefore, it's their Grandchild.

This is an unusual rare situation/case where following the written letter of the law is Absurd and Cruel I might add imo

Furthermore, the father/BF's DNA sample should have been taken the day that infant was found!

It stinks they are not releasing the baby BUT it is for the safety. LE had no choice by putting the baby into protective custody because its a routine decision in cases like this. Social services will never tell the general public about reunification plans through the media. I wouldnt worry too much because they know family is not involved. JMO

Has it been mentioned in the news how long ago Savanna moved to her current apartment? And how long ago the suspects moved into the building?

I was telling my husband about Savanna today, and on lifetime, they were showing a case where a woman's baby was taken from the womb. Lowlife's doing this have no place in society! Thankfully it's a minute amount, but, still, one case is one case too many.

I hope that Savanna is located soon and the baby is united with family.

"It took two months for them to have their first kiss, he says, but he knew before long that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

"I was the first one to say 'I love you,'" he says. "It's a hard thing to say to someone. I said, 'I love you. I want to be with you.' She was surprised. She said, 'Wow, I never thought you'd say that. I feel exactly the same way.'"

What was the attraction?

"Look at her, man," Matheny says, before pausing and then explaining why he was drawn to her beyond the physical. "She has a kind soul. She's loving. She cares for everyone. All she does is love and give and care.""

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...y-world-me-says-boyfriend-missing-fargo-woman

I was telling my husband about Savanna today, and on lifetime, they were showing a case where a woman's baby was taken from the womb. Lowlife's doing this have no place in society! Thankfully it's a minute amount, but, still, one case is one case too many.

I hope that Savanna is located soon and the baby is united with family.

I was watching The Investigation Discovery channel while on the treadmill at the gym, when that show came on. I had to change the channel, though, as Savanna's case is so fresh. I couldn't watch.

I truly hope it is only a week but many cases on here take much longer than a week to get DNA results back. Maybe since it's a paternity test it will be faster than other type of DNA tests. IDK. By the time a week from Friday goes by, however, he will have been deprived of Savanna AND his baby for almost 2 weeks. So much happens quickly in these early days of development. It's a travesty to not at least let him see pictures of the baby or look at her in a nursery through the glass or SOMETHING.

I completely agree with everything you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa