Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, it's been a while! I keep coming back to this trial time and time again, it's stuck in my head and my heart. :heartbeat: I think of Travis often and always remember him on his birthday (not a memory wiz, his is just a few days after mine!)

I'm currently re-reading Juan's book and have been browsing through threads I missed the first time round. I've noticed that at least 2 of these threads seem to suddenly drop conversation despite being busy and full of thoughts and theories. Does anyone know what happened?
I'm referring to JM's book discussion thread #2 and the discussion on the Journals and text messages. Hope was talking about posting a summary of the June texts but the conversations just ends. Neither thread is closed or long enough to go to an additional one. Gutted, I was really getting into the text discussions, reading and reading whenever I could. I so want to read the summary of the June texts and everyone's thoughts on them.

Cinnalauda - well, Hope4More quit WS for a while - but I just saw her post a few days ago - so maybe she is back (permanently) and will see you post on those June texts!!

Welcome back! :wave:

After almost 5 years of picking apart this case, watching and rewatching trial videos, mulling over and over on different issues, I've finally came to a conclusion in my mind.

I believe:
-Travis did not know she was coming.
-They did not have sex with her on June 4th.
-Travis' camera time was set incorrectly.
-Travis was taking a morning shower to wake himself up. He looks sleepy in the first few photos.
-Travis first noticed her @5:27:18 (camera time stamp).
-Travis was covered in blood and probably dead @ 5:33:32 (camera time stamp)
-His horrific encounter with his murderer lasted 6 minutes and 14 seconds on June 4th.
-Arias left T's house around 5 pm (real time). Arrived at some place 45 miles north of Kingman and called Ryan @ 9:30 pm (Utah time 10:30 pm).

Same premeditated murder, even more cruel and cold hearted than her testified to version, but very different sequence of events on June 4th.

This makes sense to me. Finally!

Cinnalauda - well, Hope4More quit WS for a while - but I just saw her post a few days ago - so maybe she is back (permanently) and will see you post on those June texts!!

Welcome back! :wave:

Thanks Niner! I hope so, I loved Hope's input on this case. Failing that I'll have to stump up for a month's subscription to BK's site. Not quite the same as a good discussion on WS though. :happydance:

After almost 5 years of picking apart this case, watching and rewatching trial videos, mulling over and over on different issues, I've finally came to a conclusion in my mind.

I believe:
-Travis did not know she was coming.
-They did not have sex with her on June 4th.
-Travis' camera time was set incorrectly.
-Travis was taking a morning shower to wake himself up. He looks sleepy in the first few photos.
-Travis first noticed her @5:27:18 (camera time stamp).
-Travis was covered in blood and probably dead @ 5:33:32 (camera time stamp)
-His horrific encounter with his murderer lasted 6 minutes and 14 seconds on June 4th.
-Arias left T's house around 5 pm (real time). Arrived at some place 45 miles north of Kingman and called Ryan @ 9:30 pm (Utah time 10:30 pm).

Same premeditated murder, even more cruel and cold hearted than her testified to version, but very different sequence of events on June 4th.

This makes sense to me. Finally!

Up until I read the thread detailing the texts and messages between JA and TA I would have argues that they definitely did have sex on the 4th - the timestamps, the hair colour... But now I've been privy to the complete insanity of JA and the ill feelings between them in May and June, there is surely no way he would of engaged in sexual behavior with her. I know he was addicted to her, but by that point he'd saw behind her mask and glimpsed the evil that lurks there.

Hi TexMex. :)

It doesn't seem inevitable that you'll see this, given how totally quiet this place seems to have been for a long while (;)) but, just in case....

Am worried for you about Harvey. Are you OK? There is also a Harvey thread to post in- please let us know that you're safe !

Woohoo! It's Hope4More!

IIRC, even if she was in AZ and did go—accompanied by guards—she's not allowed to be at a service. She can attend a casket visitation, but it has to be by herself, no companions. Just guards.

IIRC prisoners going to funerals are restricted in restroom visits en route, since these have to be arranged at a police facility.

IIRC the prisoner has to pay for guard and transportation expenses.

Hello, it's been a while! I keep coming back to this trial time and time again, it's stuck in my head and my heart. :heartbeat: I think of Travis often and always remember him on his birthday (not a memory wiz, his is just a few days after mine!)

I'm currently re-reading Juan's book and have been browsing through threads I missed the first time round. I've noticed that at least 2 of these threads seem to suddenly drop conversation despite being busy and full of thoughts and theories. Does anyone know what happened?
I'm referring to JM's book discussion thread #2 and the discussion on the Journals and text messages. Hope was talking about posting a summary of the June texts but the conversations just ends. Neither thread is closed or long enough to go to an additional one. Gutted, I was really getting into the text discussions, reading and reading whenever I could. I so want to read the summary of the June texts and everyone's thoughts on them.

Maybe that discussion went quiet because right then Hope4More was on the road in AZ trying to figure out the Jodi trail, and we had moment to moment updates on where Hope was (complete with photos). Plus, we all were discussing at the same time and giving her suggestions?

And maybe that section of "sentencing and beyond" will keep you busy until the June texts are located (they're probably here somewhere).

I've always thought that she did it to attempt to stage a break in. I think her plan was to deny being there and make it look like someone broke in, robbed Travis, and killed him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Right! I get it now. I just read your previous post (five months later! lol) and didn't understand (then) that the window screen was off of Travis' office window. So a staged burglary makes sense to me now. But like you said, Arias was too dumb to take the camera, his laptop and maybe his jewelry to support a burglary scenario. Heck, she didn't even open the window from inside his office or make shoe prints outside the window as a red herring. Unless ninjas really were involved. Cause they can do stuff like that and not make their presence known! :D

Right! I get it now. I just read your previous post (five months later! lol) and didn't understand (then) that the window screen was off of Travis' office window. So a staged burglary makes sense to me now. But like you said, Arias was too dumb to take the camera, his laptop and maybe his jewelry to support a burglary scenario. Heck, she didn't even open the window from inside his office or make shoe prints outside the window as a red herring. Unless ninjas really were involved. Cause they can do stuff like that and not make their presence known! :D
I think her mistake on this was part ego and part stupidity. I really think that she would never be a suspect. She has such a delusional ego. I wouldn't doubt that she thought she could talk her way out. Because there's no way that she would be suspected. /sarcasm

Frequently mentioned during Jodi Arias trial, The Bad Seed (1956) is featured today (Friday) at 4:30 on TCM.

Synopsis: A woman suspects that her perfect little girl is a ruthless killer.

I think her mistake on this was part ego and part stupidity. I really think that she would never be a suspect. She has such a delusional ego. I wouldn't doubt that she thought she could talk her way out. Because there's no way that she would be suspected. /sarcasm

I agree, Tiger09, that Arias believed her own premeditation was so thorough that she would never be a suspect. Wrong. Failing that, she believed she could charm/talk her way out of interrogation. Wrong again. In all of her previous manipulative/criminal behavior (snooping/backspacing on computers, her letter-writing campaigns, tire slashings and texting head games), she had never been held accountable to any real authority. Getting away with all that behavior in the past gave her a real false sense of confidence that she could get away with anything -- including murdering Travis. And her need to linger at the house that day and play the murder out like some deranged passion play just to torture Travis didn't help her cause or her timeline. The white witch of Yreka is the very definition of the word "Egocentric".

And now she lives in a veal cage. The End. :D

I can't believe we've reassembled the Arias Trial Websleuth diehards of yesteryear. There's been something compelling not just about the case, but about those who clustered around it. We had some memorable interactions, even if we didn't always agree. Plenty of drama, too. It was always a pleasure to be around y'all.

Could we maybe "re-publish" Hope's threads on emails and text messages? So those who weren't in the loop first time around can get their ideas into the mix?

On 's COA appeal.

Finally, all transcripts are redone & no other outstanding obstacle remains. The COA has issued a deadline of February 2018 to the murderer's attorneys for opening briefs to be filed. Then the State files theirs, then her attorneys file their response to the State's brief.

The last opening brief's deadline is a full year away, not until October 2018.

On 's COA appeal.

Finally, all transcripts are redone & no other outstanding obstacle remains. The COA has issued a deadline of February 2018 to the murderer's attorneys for opening briefs to be filed. Then the State files theirs, then her attorneys file their response to the State's brief.

The last opening brief's deadline is a full year away, not until October 2018.

Any idea if we'll get a peek into the briefs once they're filed or do we have to wait for a decision to know their substance?

Any idea if we'll get a peek into the briefs once they're filed or do we have to wait for a decision to know their substance?

Well I, for one, have zero interest in peeking into Jodi's briefs. I've already seen too much! :D

News folks,
Juan Martinez will be the prosecutor in the Serial Shooter case in Arizona.
Hopefully, cameras will be allowed in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592