GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

I am local also and on the news last night they said tox report could be a month but that didn't come from LE. I got a different feeling from the 911 call than most here I guess. It sounded to me like Dad didn't know where else to look so he called the police to come find his son and didn't have any thoughts that something bad could have happened to Brendan other than he got out of the apartment jmo

:wagon:

It's so nice to have you here and what a great first post!! First, I hope you know how proud of yourself you should be on your sobriety. I'm so glad you got the help you needed. As you know Benzo withdrawal is one of the few that can actually kill you if the withdrawal is not closely monitored so I'm glad you took it seriously and put your health first.

Good pickup on the 911 tape, my ipad is giving me problems so I can't hear it clearly but I will keep trying to listen again. He sounded way to calm. There was not even a sense of urgency in his voice imo. I know everyone reacts differently but still. Something is not right. I personally think LE might have a pretty good working theory as to what happened but obviously need to process evidence and rule out other possibilities.

I wonder if there are any street cameras or homes in the area that have a security camera, I wonder if the apartment building has a camera. Ugh this is so sad. My son will be 3 in December and sometimes I wonder why I read these articles because it just gets me so upset.

Thank you for your warm welcome! :) Yes....that was a tough year for me, and I still remember the day I finally broke down and admitted to my therapist my issues. It was a long time coming. It all started years ago with getting an innocent Rx because I was having trouble sleeping and lots of anxiety issues, and it led to me having to take insane (mind boggling really!) doses of Ambien and Klonopin/Xanax/Ativan just to get any affect anymore. Talk about tolerance! I feel like I shouldn't be alive, but I am so glad I am because I was able to get better and finally have my two boys (who are less than a year apart, they are not twins). They are my life now. And yes, I agree, having children the same age as sweet little Brendan makes this so much harder to read about. But I am obsessed with getting him justice now. My biggest fear is that something will happen to one of my little guys. They are my world!

Yes, see if you can make out DJ saying "He's out....no he's not here". That jumped right out at me, besides his calm demeanor. Again, who knows how one would react in that situation. I do believe that I most certainly would be crying uncontrollably and screaming for help though. :(

I don't think Dad had anything to do with this. I'd like to know who his house guest was.

I don't think Dad had anything to do with this. I'd like to know who his house guest was.

They said it was his parents' home, but then I read it was DJ's home. I also read that his parents were divorced. I guess in my mind, I made the woman you can hear on the 911 call his stepmom? I was a little confused who she was as well, and if that is DJ's apartment, or his dad's? Or maybe even him mom's which could mean it's his mom's voice. That just wasn't too clear to me from all the reports I read yesterday.

Facebook comments on news stories are very interesting too.

I also read that the mother and father both have a memorial fund raising page set up already for Brendan's burial costs (not *by* DJ and Samantha, but well meaning family members/friends). Clearly, this boy needs to be buried properly, and I doubt the parents who are so young have that kind of money laying around for a funeral, but some people didn't like that at all.

He had a house guest? Early on reports were a relative was there and during one live report they showed a girl on camera and had relative instead of a name across the screen but there was nothing more than that, no interview or comment that I saw, she was about the same age as dad. I would think there are multiple cameras between Cooper St and South Park Ave and hope LE can gleen some info that way.

He had a house guest? Early on reports were a relative was there and during one live report they showed a girl on camera and had relative instead of a name across the screen but there was nothing more than that, no interview or comment that I saw, she was about the same age as dad. I would think there are multiple cameras between Cooper St and South Park Ave and hope LE can gleen some info that way.

I should have phrased it differently. I have no idea if he had a house "guest." I'd just like to know who all was in the home.

I am local also and on the news last night they said tox report could be a month but that didn't come from LE. I got a different feeling from the 911 call than most here I guess. It sounded to me like Dad didn't know where else to look so he called the police to come find his son and didn't have any thoughts that something bad could have happened to Brendan other than he got out of the apartment jmo

I was reading comments under an article on wpvi and one of the posters wrote something similar to this when people were questioning the dads demeanor on the phone. It was an interesting point that did make some sense to me when I first read it because if dad is innocent in all this, as you said at the time he called 911 he just thought his child got out of the apartment and was somewhere in the neighborhood.

After thinking about that and reading your post I guess I could understand someone reacting that way and not freaking out bc maybe they aren't as aware of how serious it is if your 3 year old goes missing at some point during the night or early morning hours, and the dangers the child could be in, etc, but I would argue that his reaction is in the minority of how frantic most people would be. His reaction doesn't make him guilty of anything obviously. I think they have a lot more info than they are telling us.

Oh, everytime I look at that picture of that beautiful boy, my heart breaks. I wish we had answers NOW.

But yes, I agree, LE is definitely not telling the public everything.

No new news today so far, I was very surprised how fast crime scene tape was taken down at the park!! And then at the home. Yesterday the news at 4:00 said investigators were going back to the park to see if they missed anything ��

Please don't sleuth the parents and bring their SM here to WS. They are victims too and it's also against TOS.

:tyou:

Holy cow, I walk dogs for a friend of mine from time to time and I walk past this building every time since it's right on the corner of the route I take around the block. As I recall, this is the only apartment building in that immediate area.

Here's a better picture:

2D629F3900000578-3271226-image-m-20_1444770768499.jpg

100 block of Cooper Street (pictured)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-three-hours-later-woods.html#ixzz3oeQBHCuz
Let me try this again. I'm new at posting here. I wanted to include this picture with my last post. I walk dogs for a friend of mine from time to time and I walk past this building every time since it's right on the corner of the route I take around the block. As I recall, this is the only apartment building in that immediate area.

I don't think the 911 call means anything. It sounds to me like he is concerned but also confused. It is such a shame. I can not understand what happened here yet. Poor baby..

Definite hinky meter regarding the father.
Havent heard the 911 tape but read
"I don't know if he wandered out or what happened," D.J. Creato said. "I don't know where he is. The door was locked. I guess he unlocked it and left."
Sounds suss to me.

Did anyone see the news where an 80 year old crossing guard was arrested today in Camden County? I'd like to know where he was in the early morning hours Tuesday morning, he lives and works close to where Brendan lived. 6abc.com

In DJ Creato’s call to police, he says “The door was locked. I guess he unlocked it and left.” He continues to someone else in the home: Someone else calls out for Brendan in the background, and DJ Breato talks to that person as he waits to talk to police further: “The top door was locked and the bottom door was locked. He must have unlocked the door and just left. I don’t know what happened.” It’s not clear if the door was still locked at the time of the call, or if police have been able to confirm those statements.

http://nj1015.com/6-things-we-dont-know-about-how-3-year-old-brendan-creato-died/?trackback=tsmclip

Still no real meaningful updates from LE or the news. Just wanted to keep this thread as active as possible for Brendan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back