Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it kinda odd that they added Morgan to this statement. Is that an admittion of guilt?

IMO we're going to see charges in both cases and soon thereafter a plea deal to avoid death penalty.

There are no words..... My heart goes out to the Grahams, Hannah's many friends and all of us who have been touched by the grace and beauty of this dear girl and her family. How and why such horrors occur is beyond comprehension. How and why such a bright future was squelched is beyond belief. But the light that Hannah brought into this world is beyond extinction. We have been touched by you, Dear Hannah, and all the stolen lives you represent. We will not forget and we will do everything we can to prevent this kind of pain and tragedy in the future. RIP Sweet, Sweet Girl.

I sure felt like it did. JMO

ETA: sorry forgot to click reply with quote..my post is in response to the question of whether or not JM's attorney's statement basically implied his client was responsible for the deaths of MH and HG.

IMO we're going to see charges in both cases and soon thereafter a plea deal to avoid death penalty.

UNLESS the police have zilch as far as evidence, the public WILL NOT ALLOW there to be plea bargain. I guarantee it!

I don't know that the CA would take a plea deal since he's connected to MH and HG.

I was wondering that... is it possibly setting us up for him pleading guilty?

That's exactly what it sounds like...and charges haven't even been brought yet for MH, yet she is mentioned too. Very strange IMO.

Candles lit for Hannah and Morgan.. may light shine on the truth leading to justice. In our solidarity we will see it through to the end.

candles-burning_anim.gif
link

So is that, then, on Camblos' part, acknowledging JR is responsible - for both Hannah and morgan?

I hope it's because he has some information that JLM is considering a plea or cooperating or something. Otherwise that appears to be a big mistake and I don't want anything that can be used down the line on appeal.

UNLESS the police have zilch as far as evidence, the public WILL NOT ALLOW there to be plea bargain. I guarantee it!

Convictions aren't always a given, even when there is obvious guilt (see: Casey Anthony).

Would I be happy to see him plead guilty to avoid the death penalty? Sure. Then I know he's away for life and something tells me he'd rather die than be locked up forever.

A guilty plea has to be coming at this point, right? That statement is bizarre otherwise.

Does evidence and information about the case get hidden from the public forever in a guilty plea?

As a resident of Virginia, if the Graham and Harrington families' preferences were not to be dragged through all that a public trial would entail, I would not begrudge a life sentence without parole. I really don't know that Hannah's mother looks up to a three month, cable TV wall to wall coverage media fest detailing for all the manner of death of her daughter. If a plea deal provided some peace to the families of the undoubtedly many others who have yet to be listed, I would also not begrudge a plea deal. The Commonwealth of Virginia can certainly ensure Mr. Matthews removal from this mortal coil expeditiously without a death penalty imposed. That I am sure of.

Mr. Camblos statement seems to me to be aimed at getting some help from the Grahams and Harringtons and also communicates that Mr. Matthew's family may have changed from the "gentle giant" position.

<modsnip>

No one is to blame for this except the person who abducted and killed Hannah. No one.

That's exactly what it sounds like...and charges haven't even been brought yet for MH, yet she is mentioned too. Very strange IMO.

I hate to say this, because I don't know his lawyer at all, but he's either not very smart or there will be a plea deal of some sort, because why even mention Morgan, otherwise?

Just want to share this again....so beautiful:

What is lovely never dies,
But passes into other loveliness,
Star dust or sea-foam, flower, or winged air.

Thomas Bailey Aldrich

<3 Thanks, MtnLaur!

When news broke that her parents had spent a portion of this morning at the site of the find, I had a gut feeling that today was going to be the day we learned the remains found were of Hannah, and even though we all knew that she was gone, getting confirmation just brings all the pain and anger to me again. I never met Hannah, and would probably have never heard of her had some monster not taken her from us, but he did, and because of that, I, and most of you probably, feel like I lost a dear friend. I cannot begin to imagine the pain her family must be feeling, but my heart goes out to them. I pray that they may find some small measure of comfort in knowing that thousands who they have never met share in their grief and are lifting them up in prayer. I felt moved to write this after a similar young lady was found after a monster took her life. I had followed her case from the beginning, and the news hit me particularly hard...as does this news today. I feel equally moved to share it with all of you who have poured your hearts into finding this dear young woman.

You were so young, with so much life ahead.
You may be gone, but you are not dead.
You will live on in all those you knew
and in thousands of friends you never knew too.
It's hard to imagine things that can be this bad,
But you wouldn't want us to be so sad.
So give us some time for grief and sorrow,
And sooner or later we will face tomorrow.

RIP precious Hannah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member