Armchair psych profile and personal background, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know guys, I STILL want to know exactly WHO this Luc Leclair is!! Remember when this all began, we learned that Leclair had something to do with the Conservative Party? Just who on earth is this dude? And WHY is he representing LM?

Between now and 3pm I'm going to be a nervous wreck!

I'll be back later........ :hills:

You know guys, I STILL want to know exactly WHO this Luc Leclair is!! Remember when this all began, we learned that Leclair had something to do with the Conservative Party? Just who on earth is this dude? And WHY is he representing LM?

Between now and 3pm I'm going to be a nervous wreck!

I'll be back later........ :hills:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...ory-lawyer-represents-magnotta-159983835.html
"Leclair, who has described himself as a lifelong Tory voter, has worked on leadership campaigns for several prominent Conservatives.

He helped organize campaigns for Defence Minister Peter MacKay, in his successful bid for the Progressive Conservative leadership in 2003; Belinda Stronach, when she ran for the leadership of the new federal party and lost to Prime Minister Stephen Harper; and John Tory, when he won the leadership of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives.

The bilingual Leclair told the court Thursday he's received special dispensation from the Quebec bar to represent Magnotta in the case.

-- The Canadian Press"

Office nearby Gay Village?
http://maps.google.ca/maps?rlz=1T4A...=X&ei=WE1oUcKyNYa32wXB3IHIDQ&ved=0CLEBEPwSMAM

Copied from dotr's post above:

The bilingual Leclair told the court Thursday he's received special dispensation from the Quebec bar to represent Magnotta in the case.

And now this makes him all the more interesting to me! (Maybe he wants to become Canada's answer to F. Lee Bailey who represented The Boston Strangler?) But.....the guy wasn't even the real Boston Strangler!!:what:

:dunno:

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 2m

BREAKING:

A Montreal judge has decided Luka Magnotta will stand trial in the death of a University student last year

CP24 ‏@CP24 3m

BREAKING:

Luka Rocco Magnotta has been ordered to stand trial on a first-degree murder charge. More to come.

Nice. There will be some justice, I hope. I have a feeling there will be a lot of info coming out during the trial that we aren't aware of yet. He will be found guilty on all charges. JMO

I haven't been over to the other thread on LM's so I apologize if this has been discussed or debunked.

I don't believe LM was PS back in '05. It may have been a trick to get out of the charges he was facing. Again, I don't know if he was dx'd before or after the crimes, but if after, I'd bet dollars to donuts.

Psychopaths are quite good at faking mental illness. Am I the only one old enough to remember Kenneth Bianci and David Berkowitz?

I will say this, it is rare for a psychopath with narcissism to cop to insanity. Ted Bundy never did.

This crime was completely premeditated, right down to the practice murders of the kittens.

He knew exactly what he was doing, and he is banking on his "mental illness" to get him off, or at the very least a long stint in mental hospital as a "celebrity" patient.

I hope he get life without parole.

This will probably get deleted like my other postings but her is a tweet from court room reporter Justin Ling:

@Justin_Ling 1h
#Magnotta will be on trial for 1st degree murder. He smiled and waved to a fan after the judge ruled.

I think Magnotta is mentally ill and suffers from a mind-boggling array of paraphilias, however, he does know right from wrong and was able to control his actions if he wanted to, imo.

I haven't been over to the other thread on LM's so I apologize if this has been discussed or debunked.

I don't believe LM was PS back in '05. It may have been a trick to get out of the charges he was facing. Again, I don't know if he was dx'd before or after the crimes, but if after, I'd bet dollars to donuts.

Psychopaths are quite good at faking mental illness. Am I the only one old enough to remember Kenneth Bianci and David Berkowitz?

I will say this, it is rare for a psychopath with narcissism to cop to insanity. Ted Bundy never did.

This crime was completely premeditated, right down to the practice murders of the kittens.

He knew exactly what he was doing, and he is banking on his "mental illness" to get him off, or at the very least a long stint in mental hospital as a "celebrity" patient.

I hope he get life without parole.

With no disrepect intended - LM is definately a schizophrenic. It's a medical diagnosis - not a behavioral one. You can't fake that. It's a physical brain disorder with no cure - and is treated with medication. It's not diagnosed with a DMI, or interviews. He was also in treatment prior to his last arrest.

When the judge ruled that he's to stand trial for 1st degree murder - it is an indication that there is no evidence that his medical condition played a significant role in his crime.

That's not uncommon when a defendant has schizophrenia, because they can be A-symptomatic for months (even years) when off their meds - and are usually A-symptomatic when on meds.

I tried to watch the following documentary when it was first available online, but was blocked due to being in Europe.

I stumbled on the youtube upload, so here it is for anyone else that may have wanted to watch it but couldn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_zBxC-gSww

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/..._apartment_rented_one_year_after_killing.html
"Life at his old building, meanwhile, took a long time to return to normal after it was thrust into international news reports, said Eric Schorer, the superintendent.

Initially, the 57-unit building struggled to find tenants after images of it circulated far beyond Montreal. The high-profile case touched three continents amid interest in Lin’s native China and the international manhunt that led to Magnotta’s June arrest in a Berlin Internet cafe.

Many units sat empty due to the stigma, but Schorer says business picked up in recent months after management adopted a tighter tenant-screening process to weed out potential troublemakers. The block, he says, now boasts a better clientele that has made its hallways “quiet like a church.”

He even found tenants for Magnotta’s second-floor bachelor unit, which remained vacant for more than half a year.

The renovated apartment, Schorer says, has since been rented to two different people, with one of the men still living there today.
"
He doesn’t think the man, whom he described as a foreigner, knows anything about the past of his current home"

Well I don't know where to put this but as we already know, people have been writing him and he has been writing back. One of the people to admit to it is his friend (modelling agent or pimp, whichever you believe) from Toronto. I think it will keep his egotistical personality intact until trial so even though he is despicable, so I say 'go for it.' However, I'm sure his lawyer won't allow him to speak at all. I really have no idea why any of his ex-friends would want to write to him at all. To say what exactly? "You still look great?" "Remember the old times when you just killed cats?" GMAFB.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/15/luka-magnotta-responding-to-fan-mail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...n-pre-trial-conference-set-for-october-9.html

"Lawyers for accused killer Luka Magnotta will meet with Crown prosecutors for a pre-trial conference on Oct. 9.

Quebec Superior Court set the date Tuesday as the fall session of the court opened.

Crown prosecutor Jean-Pascal Boucher says the purpose of the meeting is to prepare for the trial, which will begin Sept. 15, 2014"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann