Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

Yeah, this was certainly written by a lawyer.

I don’t believe she was “lured” into that car. I believe that part was the plan all along (a ride to school or the bus stop).

I don’t believe the registry was searched in the first place, and a simple google would have shown his criminal record.

This just rubs me all sorts of wrong because the attorney that (I believe) crafted this, is attempting to pass the buck. Don’t get me wrong, there’s absolutely a point in regards to the law being written horribly, but that doesn’t absolve one of their parental responsibilities.

You want a career criminal to live on your property? Fine. But not with a child around.

I see this as a PR move; a transparent one.
Exactly. Agree 100%. I absolutely feel for this family and I’m sure they’d go back in time to make better decisions if they could. Hopefully this story will resonate with other families who may be in the same situation.

I admire people of faith who want to help those with criminal backgrounds. But there’s a place and time for everything.

I think the fact that in texas counties aren't joined up doesn't help. It's easy enough to do a search and think you've found everything unless you have reason to realise otherwise. A single system. would have shown everything.

Even if they didn't know he was a SA, he still wouldn't be someone I'd be enthusiastic about being near my child

Last edited:
My point is that I don’t believe any search was even done (registry or criminal record). I did find a couple cases before his name was in the public eye.

This guy is in photos with the family where his swastika couldn’t possibly be more conspicuous.

if that’s someone you associate with, I don’t think you care about a past criminal record. That’s just me though.
I agree that the attorney created a spin to do damage control. I think the truth of the matter is that they didn’t expect this friend to murder her, but they didn’t much care about anything else.

The law is faulty for sure. He should have been a registered sex offender, and served a hell of a lot more time than he did. I have issues with a few things in here but I’m going to leave it at that.

Me too!

Yeah, this was certainly written by a lawyer.

I don’t believe she was “lured” into that car. I believe that part was the plan all along (a ride to school or the bus stop).

I don’t believe the registry was searched in the first place, and a simple google would have shown his criminal record.

This just rubs me all sorts of wrong because the attorney that (I believe) crafted this, is attempting to pass the buck. Don’t get me wrong, there’s absolutely a point in regards to the law being written horribly, but that doesn’t absolve one of their parental responsibilities.

You want a career criminal to live on your property? Fine. But not with a child around.

I see this as a PR move; a transparent one.

Agreed. Unfortunately for the family, they took for too long to lock up all their social media and plenty of us could look and see exactly who and what they consider to be close friends, and creepy Don was not the only one who had "shown disrepct for young female children" (Who says that when their child has been murdered?!)

My point is that I don’t believe any search was even done (registry or criminal record). I did find a couple cases before his name was in the public eye.

This guy is in photos with the family where his swastika couldn’t possibly be more conspicuous.

if that’s someone you associate with, I don’t think you care about a past criminal record. That’s just me though.

It's not just you!.

You have to wonder, too, if by some twist of fate McDougal had gotten away with the crime, and gone undetected (we know it sometimes happens):

Would he have continued living in the trailer, being friends with family, while they continued to search for her or mourn her, etc.? If so, that’s a chilling idea.

Last edited:
FEB 24, 2024
Livingston ISD Superintendent Dr. Brent Hawkins disclosed Thursday the Audrii Cunningham Memorial Scholarship will be included in their Green and White Scholarship Ceremony that will be held on May 7, 2024.

"We will accept any donations to this scholarship fund through the Green and White Program. Audrii loved school, so what better way to honor her memory than to help a student further their education."

Audrii attended Creekside Elementary School, where she was described as a "standout" student. Dr. Hawkins said the bright student's artwork is hanging in the lobby.

FEB 24, 2024
Livingston ISD Superintendent Dr. Brent Hawkins disclosed Thursday the Audrii Cunningham Memorial Scholarship will be included in their Green and White Scholarship Ceremony that will be held on May 7, 2024.

"We will accept any donations to this scholarship fund through the Green and White Program. Audrii loved school, so what better way to honor her memory than to help a student further their education."

Audrii attended Creekside Elementary School, where she was described as a "standout" student. Dr. Hawkins said the bright student's artwork is hanging in the lobby.
This is a wonderful project, and I’m glad to see them going foreword with it.

I still get angry, though, that she died, because she shouldn’t have. You should not have to have your memory honored at age 11.

Thanks for saying it. I absolutely agree.

***Posting this one because it has a nice picture of Audrii:

View attachment 486033

‘The system failed us:’ Audrii Cunningham’s father, grandmother release statement following her death

Wow.
Not certain it was 'the system' , that failed them ?
Imo, red flags were there.
I'm feeling a bit more sad for her mom at this time -- it sounds like she was led to believe that Audrii was safe .
Wonder if they kept her from her mom ?
Omo.

I agree to some extent, but if you read between the lines of what they said, there is a possibility that they did what they said. There's a good chance he knows how to bend the truth, so he comes across as candid without being completely truthful. He may have said I'm being open with you, I have served time for (enter lesser charges), and I fell in with a bad crowd (explaining ideological tatts), but I want to turn my life around. They may have genuinely thought they were helping someone escape a bad place.
He likely 'helped' around the house and was sweet as pie to them.
When predators groom a child, they sometimes groom the parents/parental figures.
Just my opinion, though, these predators can play smart if they need to.

Wow.
Not certain it was 'the system' , that failed them ?
Imo, red flags were there.
I'm feeling a bit more sad for her mom at this time -- it sounds like she was led to believe that Audrii was safe .
Wonder if they kept her from her mom ?
Omo.
Parental alienation does in fact occur, sometimes when the alienated parent does not deserve it.

Passing the blame onto the system would be more believable in one of the cases where the perpetrator is a clean-looking college educated tutor whose pedophilic tendencies were known by schools but never told to police officials.

I agree that the attorney created a spin to do damage control. I think the truth of the matter is that they didn’t expect this friend to murder her, but they didn’t much care about anything else.
I totally agree with your take on the statement. There are many loopholes in our laws that should be addressed and closed but that does not absolve us as parents and guardians to be the first line of defense for our children. To leave no stone unturned when allowing intimate contact with your loved ones. I don't know exactly how much a full background check would cost but even if it was $500-$1000 is not that amount worth it for the safety of your family? I'm sure they spent at least that much money on vacations and gifts as evidenced by photos that have been posted. One's faith may encourage a helping hand to those who are struggling but I know of no faith that encourages one not to use the gift of discernment in all things including how and whom you help. moo

I do not like placing blame on this law. This law would be great, but what happened to using your intelligence? One should always be extremely careful with/ a young child and who is around them. I would go so far as to say, that having a formerly incarcerated individual guilty of assault around your child seems foolish not godly. Also, it is funny how it is described as an "old camper" to distance, like saying he wasn't in the home. Well, this old camper sure gave him a private place to possibly lure Audrii as well. I am having a hard time tampering my dislike of this press release and staying victim-friendly, so I will stop. I will just say, that this won't be received well, I imagine.

I do recall the Sheriff saying that social media helped in this case. Those images will last and tell the "unglossed" story.

I agree to some extent, but if you read between the lines of what they said, there is a possibility that they did what they said. There's a good chance he knows how to bend the truth, so he comes across as candid without being completely truthful. He may have said I'm being open with you, I have served time for (enter lesser charges), and I fell in with a bad crowd (explaining ideological tatts), but I want to turn my life around. They may have genuinely thought they were helping someone escape a bad place.
When predators groom a child, they sometimes groom the parents/parental figures.
If he wanted to turn his life around he would have been mortified by those tats and hid them in public. NOPE, I will never buy it.

Me too!

Agreed. Unfortunately for the family, they took for too long to lock up all their social media and plenty of us could look and see exactly who and what they consider to be close friends, and creepy Don was not the only one who had "shown disrepct for young female children" (Who says that when their child has been murdered?!)

It's not just you!.
Yep. Registered or not doesn’t seem to matter given their family friends.

If he wanted to turn his life around he would have been mortified by those tats and hid them in public. NOPE, I will never buy it.
Oh I agree, I was saying that might have been what he said. He may have said he wanted to get them covered up or removed but couldn't afford it, etc. I believe they were very naive people who thought they were helping. It doesn't excuse them from not doing a thorough background check, but without being prejudiced, I think they may have been very simple people who tried to see the good in others. Rose-tinted glasses, turn the other cheek, ignorance is bliss etc etc
ETA; JMO

The entire press release is an attempt to gloss over the truth. He had multiple charges for violent crimes, ongoing and RECENTLY. He could have been as sweet as pie to them but he was arrested and charged often enough that it should have been obvious to them that he had big problems. And as others have also mentioned, being registered didn’t keep them from allowing others around their family so that excuse doesn’t hold up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back