17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember when the TV program Happy Days began, Fonzie wore a red jacket because of the implications back then about guys wearing black leather jackets were all hoodlums ?

Every generation has had its trends, the 50's had poodle skirts and saddle shoes. The 60's it was hip huggers, bell bottoms, the 70's Levi jeans and jean jackets, the 80's big hair, leg warmers were in..etc.

So why is it this generation should be any different ?
What Trayvon was wearing matters not. What George chose to wear on his waistband matters a whole lot. :moo:

I think they want justice as they define it. There's no way they will be satisfied if GZ is tried and not convicted imo. That's why I'm thinking it's more oriented toward a vengeful attitude. Jmo

:what: ? Where do you get "vengeful attitude" from ?

He should be distraught. He should be distraught for the rest of his life. He shot a 17 yo in cold blood. Distraught is a mild term for what GZ should be suffering.

That's not been determined yet. Still looks like self defense to me.

No one has gone after the HOA.

All those who support Trayvon simply want justice. They want the truth rather than lies, information instead of obfuscation, equal justice instead of no justice at all.

I am proud to say that I support them in their quest.
Would it surprise you to know that among those who are not baying for GZ's blood, there are many who want desperately to see truth and justice in this case?
Who are upset about all the lies and obfuscation they see in this case? Who feel sickened and heartbroken over what happened to Trayvon, regardless of what exactly led to the lethal fight, and regardless of whether or not GZ ends up being charged or vindicated legally?

IMO there are many people here and everywhere who believe it is premature to choose sides, jump into a race riot, or call for revenge until we learn exactly what happened that night. That does not make us "GZ supporters," nor does that make us insensitive to the tragedy of Trayvon's death. Peace all.

JMO

I hope that no grand jury means there will be charges. IMO if there were not going to be charges, the grand jury would be used to come to that decision (to avoid public outcry). There is either clear evidence of a crime, or there is no evidence at all IMO.

I could be wrong...the responsibility of filing charges has been shifted before in this case, I think it's great that Angela Corey is willing to bear it all...JMO:twocents::moo:

but the proceeds of the insurance would still be available subject to the bankruptcy court's orders.jmo

Yeah, that part I know... I worked for a management company years ago that filed bankruptcy - they owed over 97 mil. to investors, employees, and vendors - all the lawsuits filed by vendors and employees that had been filed against the company were dwindled down to only a few, those settled with the proceeds from his insurance - some were simply dropped because there was nothing left to sue for. The owner went to federal prison for mail fraud for five years. He's out now starting another management company in a different state and as far as I know, under no liability for any of the past suits. One of my co-workers had filed one of those suits because they reduced her pay by 10,000 per year and demoted her when she found out she had ovarian cancer. Her suit was dropped because there was no money left.

Would it surprise you to know that among those who are not baying for GZ's blood, there are many who want desperately to see truth and justice in this case?
Who are upset about all the lies and obfuscation they see in this case? Who feel sickened and heartbroken over what happened to Trayvon, regardless of what exactly led to the lethal fight, and regardless of whether or not GZ ends up being charged or vindicated legally?

IMO there are many people here and everywhere who believe it is premature to choose sides, jump into a race riot, or call for revenge until we learn exactly what happened that night. That does not make us "GZ supporters," nor does that make us insensitive to the tragedy of Trayvon's death. Peace all.

JMO
:goodpost:

I believe the Martins want justice for their son. They have never stated they don't want a trial. The only reason they have said they want an arrest is that that is the first step toward justice. I can't imagine them asking for a conviction--who are they going to ask? I think they are putting their faith in the judicial PROCESS. It may be slow, but they want the process to work. All they are asking for is justice for their murdered teen.
I think they have shown great courage and strength.

BBM

Crump absolutely said they do want a trial, he was just on and said that they want a public trial. He never said or even hinted that all they want is an arrest. They want justice.
He also said that they believe that there is enough evidence for probable cause to make an arrest.

JMHO

BEM: I am only relaying what Crump said. It seems about everything I write is taken as an aspersion on this family - I assure you, I am not casting aspersions. The trial I referred to that they would not want would be the civil trial.

Also, IMO, to obtain a criminal conviction would involve dragging their son, and everything they tried to keep out of the press, through the ringer -- who would want that at this point? If Zimmerman is arrested, wouldn't he be able to take a plea deal? Again, I am not an attorney by any means, just curious as to how the family would feel justice was done without a long, drawn out trial process? I think, if charges are filed, his taking a deal would suffice.

All JMO

The Martins are the parents of a murdered teen. That fact will never go away, ever.
If there is a trial, short or a long, they will be there. His mother and father will be the parents of a murdered teen until they die. A "long drawn out trial" is nothing compared to the rest of their days.

:what: ? Where do you get "vengeful attitude" from ?

The possibility of targeting and suing the HOA

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-lawsuit-neighborhood-watch-article-1.1058522

Making the <modsnip> statements about him being "hunted like an animal"...it just smacks of anger, desire for punishment rather than justice, when no one knows the whole story.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNGTakro3eQ&feature=related"]"George Zimmerman Hunted My Son Like An Animal" Trayvon Martin's Mother Sybrina Fulton - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-lawsuit-neighborhood-watch-article-1.1058522

Making the <modsnip> statements about him being "hunted like an animal"...it just smacks of anger, desire for punishment rather than justice, when no one knows the whole story.

"George Zimmerman Hunted My Son Like An Animal" Trayvon Martin's Mother Sybrina Fulton - YouTube

I promise you, had my son been Trayvon, you would have seen anger. This woman has had her world ripped apart and handled herself with nothing but grace.

"George Zimmerman Hunted My Son Like An Animal" Trayvon Martin's Mother Sybrina Fulton - YouTube

He shot and killed her child. Her child. :( Do you expect any thing less from a mother? I never want to know her pain and anguish. Never.

These parents have never asked for PUNISHMENT rather than justice....

It seems pretty much a sure thing that ANY parent would rightfully feel anger when their child has been brutally killed for NO REASON at all...

COMPASSION for the family rather than criticizing their sorrow and pain seems the LEAST that we can expect from everyone.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members