17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the bond hearing, the prosecutor said near the end, "in fairness to Mr. O'mara, he doesn't actually know who the witnesses are at this point".
This is at about 2 hours 10.

If MOM didn't know the name he couldn't have disclosed it but then we do have posters here who say they've known the name from the Internet for several weeks now so he could have known it the same way, from online sleuthing.

If he didn't know, maybe he was fishing for the name?

I think the point of this discussion is MOM disclosing the girls name was being taken as fact in now it's more of an opinion whether he said it, wanted the detective to say it, etc.
See Fran's post above yours - MOM apologized. What was he apologizing for if the objection to the name was invalid. He could have just said, "Sorry your Honor, but I didn't say it." Yet he apologized, and that's a fact.

What makes you so sure that public opinion will only shift in one direction?

As one of my favorite songs goes..."Sometimes, I get a feeling...I get a good feeling, oh yeah... (Band Flo Rida)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/us/george-zimmerman-bail-hearing.html?_r=1

While on the stand, Mr. Zimmerman was sharply questioned by Bernardo de la Rionda, an assistant state attorney.

“Do you agree that you changed your story?” Mr. de la Rionda asked, referring to the five separate statements that Mr. Zimmerman gave the police about the shooting.

“Absolutely not, “ Mr. Zimmerman replied in a firm voice.

This is up in the media thread.

“Do you agree that you changed your story?” Mr. de la Rionda asked, referring to the five separate statements that Mr. Zimmerman gave the police about the shooting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/us/george-zimmerman-bail-hearing.html
Thank you! And those statements were apparently given directly to the police.

But we also know the story . . . um . . . evolved . . . because of all the versions we heard, first from Chief Lee who wrote out his own version for the police report, then from Zimmerman's brother and father on TV, next friend Taaffe on various shows over two weeks, and finally the original two attorneys who went through all of it in their press conference. I don't think all of those stories match up exactly, but there's five versions from sources close to George who had permission to speak for him.

I imagine the prosecutors had a field day making lists and charts and maps from all those versions, just as we have. And then they have what George told police when they interrogated him. Layer upon layer. It would be hard for anyone to keep all that straight.

See Fran's post above yours - MOM apologized. What was he apologizing for if the objection to the name was invalid. He could have just said, "Sorry your Honor, but I didn't say it." Yet he apologized, and that's a fact.

I think he apologized for asking the question.

JMO

I don't think he ever said her name.

There are many things left out of this transcript, for instance every time they took a break for a commercial, none of that exchange is in there. O'Mara mumbles something under his breath which could very well be the minor's name. Irregardless of whether he says it or not, the implication is there and he had absolutely no reason going there. He's supposed to be a professional but sadly, he's not.

~jmo~

Wait a second. Did MOM even ask for the name? Seems to me that he did not even ask the name, the SA just objected because HE thought that may be the next question.

Wait a second. Did MOM even ask for the name? Seems to me that he did not even ask the name, the SA just objected because HE thought that may be the next question.

He asked twice imo.

Parts of it are a bit hard to hear but IMO MOM says "And her name...?", and when the investigator responds he says, "You don't know it?"

It would be natural to reply with her name to both questions if it wasn't information they want to protect.

Thank you! And those statements were apparently given directly to the police.

But we also know the story . . . um . . . evolved . . . because of all the versions we heard, first from Chief Lee who wrote out his own version for the police report, then from Zimmerman's brother and father on TV, next friend Taaffe on various shows over two weeks, and finally the original two attorneys who went through all of it in their press conference. I don't think all of those stories match up exactly, but there's five versions from sources close to George who had permission to speak for him.

I imagine the prosecutors had a field day making lists and charts and maps from all those versions, just as we have. And then they have what George told police when they interrogated him. Layer upon layer. It would be hard for anyone to keep all that straight.

I believe one of the stories the investigator said GZ told them TM circled his car three times. jmo

As one of my favorite songs goes..."Sometimes, I get a feeling...I get a good feeling, oh yeah... (Band Flo Rida)

Yep, I have to step away from this too for a bit and smell the roses. When you are trying to figure out whose initials stand for "Um" , it is time to step away :what:

Teh, go take a nap. We need you to take one, lol. Then we'll have something to really talk about!

I don't believe that O'Mara ever said her name in court. Crump would have objected loudly after the fact in a press conference. Rev Al would have preached about it to the congregation. It would have made the headlines and the Daily Kos.

It never happened, imo.

bob kealing ‏ @bobkealing

#Zimmerman defense bringing on former IRS agent to administer six-figure defense fund. Details on @WESH #TrayvonMartin.

I believe one of the stories the investigator said GZ told them TM circled his car three times. jmo

Would you be so kind as to provide a link to that? I keep hearing that, but I have not seen it for myself.

Wasn't the question asked "Didn't you give five or six different statements to LE? jmo
LOL Six?

ETA:

Removed my question about what GZ answered to the "five statements" question... answer has been posted.

I don't believe Global Grind is MSM.

I don't know for sure though.

"Five separate statements" is not equal to "five differing stories." JMO

Why would he give five separate statements if it was all the same? That would be one statement, not five separate ones, IMO. The police don't take the same statements over and over. They do take separate different statements, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkme